Despite showman reputation, Trump inauguration shaping up as low-key

webfact

17 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

"Likely" being the operative word in that 'news' item.

NBC not being biased at all or anything...:sleep:

Lots of articles out there about this.  Same BS he tweeted about Ford, and it turned out to be wrong.  He'll take credit for anything.

NBC may be biased, all media outlets are, but it's not fake news.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Lots of articles out there about this.  Same BS he tweeted about Ford, and it turned out to be wrong.  He'll take credit for anything.

NBC may be biased, all media outlets are, but it's not fake news.

I didn't say it was...

On 1/18/2017 at 10:03 AM, optad said:

These guys weren't invited.

Cs5p3lFVYAAElr3.jpg

A show that portrayed a president with dignity, elegance, real intelligence, vision, leadership, savvy, a good heart, and a team of people who really cared about their country, and the future. Imagine that? Will we ever see anything like that in our lifetime? I rather doubt it. I cannot remember the last administration with those characteristics. 

18 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Well, he's already off to a great start not even being in office yet - bringing scores of jobs back to America :smile: 

Trump and his supporters has been giving him credit for jobs that were already planned to be brought back to the USA well before the election. 

Nonetheless, the only jobs that he saved was the carrier deal. Even with that deal, he exaggerated the number of jobs saved. The rest of the jobs from the automotive industry were planned years ahead.

He is already of to a great start at being dishonest to say the least. But I do give him credit for at least trying to bring back jobs, at the same time for some industries it's simply not possible.

Edited by mike324

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A show that portrayed a president with dignity, elegance, real intelligence, vision, leadership, savvy, a good heart, and a team of people who really cared about their country, and the future. Imagine that? Will we ever see anything like that in our lifetime? I rather doubt it. I cannot remember the last administration with those characteristics. 

He's saying goodbye at the moment.

Trump said yesterday "I wish those 60 democrats would give me the tickets back"........he has people crying out for them. Regardless, afterwards arise PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP 45th president of the United States of America.......start making it great again and please do a better job than ....errr.....that other guy, I've forgotten his name already.

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:
37 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He's saying goodbye at the moment.

I agree with the dignity, and elegance part. Not sure about the rest. Definitely do not agree with the leadership part, nor the savvy, vision, and the team. He surrounded himself with mediocrity, and I believe that was more or less deliberate. 

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

38 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Trump and his supporters has been giving him credit for jobs that were already planned to be brought back to the USA well before the election. 

Nonetheless, the only jobs that he saved was the carrier deal. Even with that deal, he exaggerated the number of jobs saved. The rest of the jobs from the automotive industry were planned years ahead.

He is already of to a great start at being dishonest to say the least. But I do give him credit for at least trying to bring back jobs, at the same time for some industries it's simply not possible.

It is in his DNA to exaggerate, lie, deceive, and delude. He is a Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey circus schuckster, of the highest order. Look at what he just pulled off? That requires tremendous skill. His ability to sell himself is second to none. He is a master Charlatan. Now, let us see if that can somehow be translated into progress for the nation, and not something that is detrimental to the entire planet. Personally, I am a small business owner, so I am hopeful his policies will translate into a stronger economy. I just did not "buy" the economic data coming out of the Obama administration. I saw a tremendous lack of confidence on the part of the average consumer, and I did not believe the unemployment numbers, nor the inflation numbers. They were entirely contrary to everything I saw on the ground, in the US, especially the CPI numbers. Prices are going up daily, and yet they manage to keep trotting out those 2-3% numbers. If only. 

My guess is that pretty soon, a high percentage of his supporters will start to become very disappointed, and very disenchanted. As you can tell, I do not like the man. There is very little about him I like. But, I hope I am wrong. Hillary was the alternative, and as many know, that was not much of an alternative! 

Just now, Boon Mee said:

Some folks just can't recognize facts when they appear before their eyes! 

That's true. Take the lying con-man for starters.

And plenty of Trumpeteers.

Truly hilarious that you post a 1:00 AM "Twitter Tweet" from the con-man as some sort of validation.

:cheesy:

Pop over to the "Woefully unfit" thread and have a look at what GM has to say...

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

And some still drink the kool-aid being handed out by Trump.  Incredible.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/gm-s-1b-investment-not-driven-trump-likely-dates-back-n707661

ABC seems to be reporting the same notion as NBC, that GM had planned this long before Trump came along, and quoting company spokesman as saying so.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/general-motors-jobs-touted-trump-works-years/story?id=44831865

But there seems to be another element to this, as CNN Money, in a report filed yesterday, says that apart from the returning U.S. jobs that GM has just announced, they're at the same time going to be laying off 2,000 other U.S. workers on Inauguration Day.

http://www.kxly.com/news/national-news/2000-gm-workers-to-lose-jobs-on-inauguration-day/276410766

LORDSTOWN, Oh (CNNMoney) - Robert Sheridan is a 40-year-old GM worker who voted for Donald Trump. He can barely contain his excitement about Inauguration Day, even though it will be a rough day for him on a personal level.

He's one of 2,000 GM factory workers losing their jobs on Friday, the same day that Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president.

Sheridan -- and thousands like him -- are desperately hoping Trump will save their jobs.

"Please help us in Lordstown," says Sheridan, a soft-spoken Midwesterner with three kids. "This is a great middle class job. You can't find one better around here."

These are GM's first layoffs in six years. About 1,200 workers in Lordstown, Ohio (where Sheridan works) are getting the ax and another 800 in Lansing, Michigan -- both key states that led to Trump's victory.

Continues....

Net result???

Meanwhile, CNNMoney has a separate report that pretty much recaps a lot of the recent interaction between Trump and the various automakers. If you read thru the details of each situation, there's not much there in reality for Trump to claim real involvement in.

But it's not clear how much credit Trump deserves when it comes to the recent flurry of announcements about jobs.

Most of the investments announced by companies since the election were already in the works. Several automakers spelled out the plans in their contracts with the United Auto Workers, signed more than a year before Trump's win at the polls.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/18/news/companies/trump-autos-jobs/index.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 18 January, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Boon Mee said:

We can only hope the protesters behave themselves and show respect to the incoming POTUS :smile:

sadly, no chance of that happening….there will be major unrest….im predicting some sort of large scale riot.

the home guard needs to be brought out….as well as plain clothes federal agents.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

sadly, no chance of that happening….there will be major unrest….im predicting some sort of large scale riot.

the home guard needs to be brought out….as well as plain clothes federal agents.

...and some guys in Gestapo- uniforms...

21 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

We can only hope the new POTUS behaves himself and shows respect to others. :smile:

That's not a realistic hope.

This is the most ominous Inauguration Day in modern history

You might say that since Election Day, Trump has chosen cynicism over trust, and chaos over community. Far from calming the country down, Trump has reminded everyone who opposed him on Nov. 8 of why they saw him as utterly unfit for the presidency in the first place.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-is-the-most-ominous-inauguration-day-in-modern-history/2017/01/18/5105f7ee-ddc0-11e6-918c-99ede3c8cafa_story.html?utm_term=.190b4bae1b74

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

An interesting article that ends with an interesting saying that I can't recall having heard before:

Meanwhile, Trump will have his moment, that’s for sure, but when things go wrong he will be chased from office — just like Johnson once was. The ancient Greeks knew why: A man’s character is his fate. In that case, Trump’s presidency is doomed.

The sorrowful part is, as with the article's historical discussion of LBJ and the Vietnam War, it often in history seems to take years or even decades and tens/hundreds of thousands of people to die before fate catches up with such people. Many other innocents end up paying the price for the misadventures of such leaders.  :sad:

PEE-OTUS (soon POTUS) supposedly "writing" his inauguration speech. 
Note the blank paper. The writing paper. The lack of computer (he doesn't use computers). 

Does anyone really believe this man has ever written a speech in his life or ever will?

Yes, he writes tweets. That's the extent of his attention span. C2eFuVtUcAEpXW8.jpg

Con man all the way. Here he comes. Doesn't the picture kind of look like he thinks he's a Roman Emperor? The "Decline and Fall" kind ...

Considering the absurdity of this clownish buffoon soon holding the most powerful office on the planet.

He's a man that hasn't even applied for even one job in his entire life. Not to mention never holding any public service office. 

God help us. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, iReason said:

That's true. Take the lying con-man for starters.

And plenty of Trumpeteers.

Truly hilarious that you post a 1:00 AM "Twitter Tweet" from the con-man as some sort of validation.

:cheesy:

Pop over to the "Woefully unfit" thread and have a look at what GM has to say...

Depending on how he combs his hair he could pull the wool over his own eyes. 

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I see Obamas policies being turned over very fast if that happens.

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

PEE-OTUS (soon POTUS) supposedly "writing" his inauguration speech. 
Note the blank paper. The writing paper. The lack of computer (he doesn't use computers). 

Does anyone really believe this man has ever written a speech in his life or ever will?

Yes, he writes tweets. That's the extent of his attention span. C2eFuVtUcAEpXW8.jpg

Con man all the way. Here he comes. Doesn't the picture kind of look like he thinks he's a Roman Emperor? The "Decline and Fall" kind ...

Considering the absurdity of this clownish buffoon soon holding the most powerful office on the planet.

He's a man that hasn't even applied for even one job in his entire life. Not to mention never holding any public service office. 

God help us. 

Do you remember how the little witch looked, when Trey Gowdy was making her look very stupid over Benghazi?

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:23 AM, craigt3365 said:

We can only hope the new POTUS behaves himself and shows respect to others. :smile:

He's already saved the world from a 5x-better funded Hillary Clinton.  He deserves a Nobel for that feat alone.   And he can hardly be any less respectful or more arrogant than Obama has been for the last 8 years!

And wingnut brownshirts don't have many lessons to teach anybody when it comes to "showing respect for others", that's for sure!!

Edited by hawker9000

3 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

He's already saved the world from a 5x-better funded Hillary Clinton.  He deserves a Nobel for that feat alone.   And he can hardly be any less respectful or more arrogant than Obama has been for the last 8 years!

And wingnut brownshirts don't have many lessons to teach anybody when it comes to "showing respect for others", that's for sure!!

I've yet to see Obama be disrespectful.  Far from it.  Nor arrogant.  Trump wins awards for these.

It's yet to be seen if Trump will be better.  We can have this conversation in 4 years! LOL

What's a wingnut brownshirt? LOL

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I've yet to see Obama be disrespectful.  Far from it.  Nor arrogant.  Trump wins awards for these.

It's yet to be seen if Trump will be better.  We can have this conversation in 4 years! LOL

What's a wingnut brownshirt? LOL

Right as always.!!!

But this was a take down with style...

31 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Anyone who doesn't think he has class is just trolling.

Obama is iconic of Amlerican  elegance and intelligence

Maybe the last POTUS of that class, with a  remarkable eloquence  

154295500-e1425034525125.jpg

Edited by Opl

20 hours ago, uptheos said:

Do you remember how the little witch looked, when Trey Gowdy was making her look very stupid over Benghazi?

I like the picture of the Donald writing his acceptance speech. Must be tough to find additional phrases to go along with great again, tremendous, outstanding, I will, I leave you with the following

On January 21st of 2017, the day after I take the oath of office, Americans will finally wake up in a country where the laws of the United States are enforced. We are going to be considerate and compassionate to everyone. But my greatest compassion will be for our own struggling citizens. Donald Trump
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/donald_trump.html  A new episode of the Apprentice begins. 

Edited by elgordo38