SURVEY: With Trump as POTUS is the world safer or not?

Scott

SURVEY: With Trump as President, is the world a safer place or not?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd have to vote "Not Sure."  I expect to see a deescalation in tensions in Eastern Europe and Syria, but this may be offset by increased tensions in the South China Sea and Iran.  And if the US takes a war posture with China over the Spratly Islands I'd expect conflicts to spill over into Africa (which is off most people's radars) as both countries <continue to> posture for dominance in the resource rich countries bordering the Great Rift Valley.  Also, the next decade is going to see a strong economic union form between China, Iran, Russia, and the Eurasian countries. Any US/China conflict will pull those players into an alliance with China to protect their common economic interests.  But then again if Trump actually chooses to stop financing the use of US military assets as the enforcement arm of the World Police and pulls our troops back toward the US borders with the mandate to provide the US with a primarily defensive vision, then possibly the world will be a safer place. The world could then see the development of strong, mutually beneficial economic ties between the US, the One Belt/One Road economic union in Eurasia, and with other developing and third world countries whose economies will directly benefit and flourish due to increased global trade which in turn would stimulate the development of middle class consumerism in countries that have historically have only had an upper and lower class. Things could turn out really good, or thing could turn out really bad. 
Time with tell. 

Edited by connda

He promised to drain the swamp and, based on his cabinet nominees, seems to be intent on making the swamp even swampier.

Maybe the question should be will all Americans be safe from their own government.

"...  fewer wars would probably make the world safer.  "

Agree, but two of the worst conflicts were a gift from Bush, some Republicans like  McCain and Graham wanted to start even more conflicts, and several members of the new government seem intent on stirring the pot with China, Taiwan and South China Sea islands.

Edited by Suradit69

10 minutes ago, connda said:

I'd have to vote "Not Sure."

I agree, but safer than the last 8 years anyway.

He will not minimalize the effects of Islamic Terrorism. He will not enable Iran to eventually get nukes with senseless "deals" and and he will not ignore red lines concerning chemical weapons.

27 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I voted less safe, but I would qualify that. I think the world will be safer from US aggression but probably less safe from the aggression of others.

I agree with you.  I'm also hoping that General James Mattis will help Trump avoid open-ended conflicts.

8 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I personally believe Donald is not intelligent enough and emotionally unstable to be President.

So I voted No, it will be less safe.

You skipped over his magnetic personality and his advanced Twitter skills.

38 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

He promised to drain the swamp and, based on his cabinet nominees, seems to be intent on making the swamp even swampier.

No he's just stocking it with super-predators.

36 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

It will certainly be less safe for Donald, he will be assassinated within 6 months......

Congratulations.  You've been added to the US Secret Service database.  

They don't need no stinkin' gateway to keep track of you.  :ph34r:

The guy's incredibly unstable so one has to believe that Congress and the Senate will stop him doing anything really stupid.

Getting involved in slanging matches on Twitter is not the behaviour of a Commander-in Chief.

I think it's worth remembering the sheer scale of the opposition to him from within his own party during the presidential campaign.

That $1 trillion fiscal stimulus plan will be heavily opposed and Trump himself will be impeached within 2 years.

China won't back down, you can count on that.

Trade war? US loses.

1 hour ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I thought that outcome was a lay down misere for Obama and he survived eight years

I never heard any speculation about assassination of Obama, but with Donny the issue keep popping up everywhere....

12 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

I never heard any speculation about assassination of Obama, but with Donny the issue keep popping up everywhere....

Neither did I, but given the dysfunction of my fellow Americans, the NRA and the KKK, I would not have been surprised in the least

Edited by SaintLouisBlues

2 hours ago, chiang mai said:

A real estate developer with no prior political experience, what could possibly go wrong!

I think maybe that should be a FAILED real estate developer. His Atlantic city ventures were a catastrophic failure resulting in his company's bankruptcy together with the failure of a lot of his suppliers who were never paid many of whom were small businesses. 

Experts have calculated that if he had simply invested the fortune that he inherited in a decent fund like Berkshire Hathaway, he would be richer today even than he claims to be; although a lot of experts reckon he is worth an awful lot less than he claims.