Help needed. UK investments no UK address or bank account

First of all, may I say thanks for taking the time to read my query.

I am a UK citizen living in Thailand. I haven’t been back to the UK in over 10 years and thus I have neither a UK address nor bank account. I am what some might call a digital nomad, in that I earn my monthly income from working on the internet. I do have however have Thai bank accounts and PayPal.

In a couple of months’ time I will sell my house in Europe, and thus have some funds for investment either to provide a small income or more likely for a retirement fund.  I ‘m particularly interested in P2P lending, crowdfunding, UK/US stocks and shares.

My question to you guys are after extensive research I’ve been unable to find a bank / broker (web platform) to deal with without having resident status and / or a UK bank account.

I am in no way seeking financial advice or detailed investment plans. But, if any of you wonderful people out there have overcome a similar situation, I would welcome a few pointers of places to start looking.

Many thanks in advance.

I fought this same problem for a long long time, a fight which ended up with Baroness Altman in her capacity of advisor to DWP. Her advice put me on to the list of UK IFA's, some of whom will provide IFA services to expat UK citizens. I cannot at short notice find the link to the DWP list of IFA's but a digital nomad of your talents should have no difficulty.

A second and more remote opportunity is unbiased.co.uk

9 hours ago, topt said:

These have been talked about before and I looked at them but not sure of their current suitability and costs

http://int.tddirectinvesting.com/

Perhaps worth investigating?

Provided the OP can provide proof of residence in Thailand there shouldn't be a problem opening an account.  However, there may be issues with funding it.  The money must come from an account the the account owner's name.  Also, for the initial transfer they are fairly fussy where it comes from.  When I opened my account (albeit many years ago) they wouldn't accept an initial transfer from Jersey.