Russian drug mule arrested at Suvarnabhumi with 57 lumps of cocaine in her stomach

webfact

Russian drug mule arrested at Swampy with 57 lumps of cocaine in her stomach

dn.png

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Suvarnabhumi authorities said Monday that they had arrested a 32 year old Russian woman for trying to import cocaine into Thailand.

The coke was contained in 57 wrapped packages that she had swallowed before starting her journey in Brazil, reports Sanook.

Airport police became suspicious last Wednesday and decided to X-ray the woman. The packages were found to be in her stomach.

She was taken to hospital where it took five days before all the packages were successfully ejected from her body.

There was a total of around 650 grams of the Class 2 drug in her body.

Ilia Makuschova said that she had been paid $3,500US or 126,000 baht to carry the drugs to Thailand by a West African gang in Sau Paulo, Brazil.

She was due to deliver the drugs to other Africans in Bangkok.

She was charged with importing, possession and intent to sell Class 2 drugs.

Police said that a press conference about the matter will be held on Thursday.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-24

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

to carry the drugs to Thailand by a West African gang in Sau Paulo, Brazil.

No surprise there.

If some had burst in her stomach, it would have done her a favour. 

25 years in a Thai jail.............................no thank you.

Custom had to be tipped ahead, because with all my traveling in and out of Thailand for 30 years, I hardly ever see someone being x-rayed of body frisked,

mostly the custom guys just seat there glaring at the tilde after tilde of people

shuffling out with the occasional luggage checking ....

18 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Custom had to be tipped ahead, because with all my traveling in and out of Thailand for 30 years, I hardly ever see someone being x-rayed of body frisked,

mostly the custom guys just seat there glaring at the tilde after tilde of people

I suspect if you had 57 wraps of cocaine in your stomach on one of your many travels, you too might have acted suspiciously.

22 minutes ago, davehowden said:

" Airport police became suspicious last Wednesday "

I wonder why they became suspicious, rival gang tip-off to the police ?

Might be that some people get, and looks, a little bit too scared and swetty by carrying 57 packs of drugs that can kill them at any time trough the customs. Just a poor guess, I might be wrong.

Anyway, she just messed up her life big time for a small amount of money. Probably time for a very small pension when she sees the light of day again.

8 minutes ago, Lammbock said:

A new episode of locked up abroad. Sadly.

Sadly??? I think it´s perfectly justifieable to lock somebody up that breaks the law. It´s easy to not do, and then there would be no Locked up abroad to send. Just need some common intelligence.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She was taken to hospital where it took five days before all the packages were successfully ejected from her body.

No wonder she looks in agony in the photo. Five days of pushing and squeezing sure took its toll. The A on her jumper is appropriate:hit-the-fan:

If those packages had burst, WOW!! Russian here, Russian there, Russian EVERYWHERE.............

Africans and Russians,high quality tourist.walk around nana plaza,Pattaya,free trade coke,yaba black whores,scamming,thieving,fake money,right under the noses of the police.give me a police badge and I'll show you a dozen police stations and idc full to the brim in a couple of days.the place is the stinking armpit of Asia.what the police here is some good old training from the British police.the place is getting worse by the day.

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I suspect if you had 57 wraps of cocaine in your stomach on one of your many travels, you too might have acted suspiciously.

They picked up a mule the other week in Sydney , looked suspicious,  mainly grimacing with stomach pain

8 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Africans and Russians,high quality tourist.walk around nana plaza,Pattaya,free trade coke,yaba black whores,scamming,thieving,fake money,right under the noses of the police.give me a police badge and I'll show you a dozen police stations and idc full to the brim in a couple of days.the place is the stinking armpit of Asia.what the police here is some good old training from the British police.the place is getting worse by the day.

No what they need to do is piss test as many of the oh-so-squeaky-clean white sex tourists and sexpats as they can and dish out highly-publicised punishments (deportation, custodial sentences, large fines) as a deterrent.

These scum are the Africans' number one customer for coke, yaba and methamphetamine in those areas.

It's time people pull their heads out of their asses and realise that there's no supply without demand.

The police should tackle the problem from both sides of the equation - hit the dealers but make sure that customers realise the serious consequences of being caught with even a tiny amount of contraband

3 hours ago, davehowden said:

Not necessarily a rival gang. Perhaps the same gang need to provide the cops with a sacrificial lamb every now and then to stay in business.

US$3500? Seems like a pretty paltry sum of money to take such a huge risk. She must have been truly desperate or plain stupid. Hope there is some evidence that can lead the police to the people waiting for this stuff, but in all likelihood they'll get away...

1 hour ago, The man from udon said:

Absolutely agree with you. 2 weeks ago was my first time at Nana for around 4-5 years. After everything shut down at 2 A.M (ridiculous, I still had half of my evening budget money with me) I felt like being in a different country.  Everywhere full of African hookers and drug sellers. Sorry but what a shitplace has this area become?!? Definitely my last time there.

US$3500? Seems like a pretty paltry sum of money to take such a huge risk. She must have been truly desperate or plain stupid. Hope there is some evidence that can lead the police to the people waiting for this stuff, but in all likelihood they'll get away...

She can make up any figure she wants. The lower the better

1 hour ago, YeahSiam said:

No what they need to do is piss test as many of the oh-so-squeaky-clean white sex tourists and sexpats as they can and dish out highly-publicised punishments (deportation, custodial sentences, large fines) as a deterrent.

These scum are the Africans' number one customer for coke, yaba and methamphetamine in those areas.

It's time people pull their heads out of their asses and realise that there's no supply without demand.

The police should tackle the problem from both sides of the equation - hit the dealers but make sure that customers realise the serious consequences of being caught with even a tiny amount of contraband

Better still, decriminalise it all and let people be the masters of their own destiny. Worked out well for Portugal, Uruguay and The Netherlands among others.

Uruguay in particular never even bothered criminalising possession of any substance, and happens to be one of the safest and happiest countries in the world.

To be really shrewd, legalise, regulate and tax them so there is no market for street dealers and contaminants can be controlled.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Since a few years, almost all international flights I have taken required a full body scan at BKK.

You know, that cabin where you have to stand with your hands up, next to the carry-on luggage scan.

12 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Better still, decriminalise it all and let people be the masters of their own destiny. Worked out well for Portugal, Uruguay and The Netherlands among others. To be really shrewd, legalise, regulate and tax them so there is no market for street dealers.

I have been advocating the same for years! Decriminalise all of it and let people make their own choices. I would go one step further and have the government sell all of the crap at outlets and quality control the product at the same time as earning revenue.

By making drugs legal you would completely destroy the drug cartels, eradicate all the corrupt border police, DEA and corrupt politicians, judges and law enforcement. 

Crime rates would plummet and government coffers would fill up.

All revenue to be spent on improving Health care and education.

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

The flight from Brazil to BKK is a long one.  I don't know the exact route followed, but one thing some flight attendants notice either by accident or by training is when the person eats nothing at all on the long flight. From what I have seen on TV and other documentaries the drug mules typically won't eat much if anything at all in fear of triggering bowel movements.  Add to that the discomfort of a long flight, and possibly with a somewhat unusual flight connection that first got her to Brazil?  Maybe she flew from Russia to  Brazil, which is also a long flight but stayed there for only a really short time, like 3 or 4 days, and that looks a bit suspicious.  And maybe immigration asked just the routine questions about money and support while in Thailand.  Sometimes these mules come with absolutely nothing and no visible means of support.  Anyway, I hope for her sake she has some good information and can rat out the rest of the drug crew and she can get out of town with her body intact.