True Visions fined after ripping off customers over cancelled movie channels

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, andypenn5 said:

True cancelled 6 channels! Someone can't count they cancelled 7 they also cancelled BBC Entertainment. Asked what did they replace that with answer was nothing. One of the replacement movie channel is Celeste how many non Chinese are enjoying that?

You can't count, either, my friend! In addition to the 6 HBO channels and BBC Entertainment, True have also pulled the plug on CBeebies and 3 Discovery channels (Science, DMAX and EVE) in recent times, making a grand total of 11 by my reckoning.

And while True may have substituted the HBO channels with (albeit inferior) replacements, they have made absolutely no attempt whatsoever to replace the 5 BBC and Discovery channels which they have unceremoniously ditched!

In addition, True's own Explore Life documentary channel (560), which used to include some interesting English-language content, now only carries Thai-language programming for some obscure reason.

If all that wasn't enough, they now also appear to be in the process of "Thailandising" their 4 Bein sports channels, with all English-language content gradually being phased out (as particularly evident in the EPL and La Liga trailers now being shown on these 4 channels).

What's the betting that True will have phased out all English-language output by this time next year, thus meaning that we farangs shall all have to enrol on Thai language crash courses to enable us then to "reap the full benefits" of their programming?

Edited by OJAS

On 24/01/2017 at 4:24 PM, khunano said:

Why would anyone still bother with TRUE when there is all this stuff you can download/stream on the internet nowadays!?!

When,like me you can only get a mobile internet package because there is no hardwire connection. See how much watching tv on that basis costs you!

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

You can't count, either, my friend! In addition to the 6 HBO channels and BBC Entertainment, True have also pulled the plug on CBeebies and 3 Discovery channels (Science, DMAX and EVE) in recent times, making a grand total of 11 by my reckoning.

And while True may have substituted the HBO channels with (albeit inferior) replacements, they have made absolutely no attempt whatsoever to replace the 5 BBC and Discovery channels which they have unceremoniously ditched!

In addition, True's own Explore Life documentary channel (560), which used to include some interesting English-language content, now only carries Thai-language programming for some obscure reason.

If all that wasn't enough, they now also appear to be in the process of "Thailandising" their 4 Bein sports channels, with all English-language content gradually being phased out (as particularly evident in the EPL and La Liga trailers now being shown on these 4 channels).

What's the betting that True will have phased out all English-language output by this time next year, thus meaning that we farangs shall all have to enrol on Thai language crash courses to enable us then to "reap the full benefits" of their programming?

Or better still quit True and explore the wealth of vastly superior options that are out there.

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Or better still quit True and explore the wealth of vastly superior options that are out there.

Unfortunately these vastly superior options are, to the best of my knowledge, only available via the internet and therefore non-starters in my backwater - meaning that True have, to all intents are purposes, got us by the short and curlies.:sad:

33 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Unfortunately these vastly superior options are, to the best of my knowledge, only available via the internet and therefore non-starters in my backwater - meaning that True have, to all intents are purposes, got us by the short and curlies.:sad:

Ah...sorry  about that.

We live in Bangkok. We decided enough is enough with True and stopped our subscription to their cable TV service a few days ago. We couldn't stand there and take it on the chin without fighting back. It was not a happy decision for us because we liked True's programs offered and their schedule formatting. When they decided to just take away some of their most popular programs with bad replacements that was it for us.  Now we are trying to put together some of the other options available, but we are beginners and if you know of any good options please post it. 

5 minutes ago, DividendGuy said:

We live in Bangkok. We decided enough is enough with True and stopped our subscription to their cable TV service a few days ago. We couldn't stand there and take it on the chin without fighting back. It was not a happy decision for us because we liked True's programs offered and their schedule formatting. When they decided to just take away some of their most popular programs with bad replacements that was it for us.  Now we are trying to put together some of the other options available, but we are beginners and if you know of any good options please post it. 

I too cancelled our TrueVisions subscription... 2 platinum packages.

They came to collect their boxes and dish yesterday.

Whilst they were here they asked what were we watching now, as they heard Thai TV going on in the background.

The missus replied Internet TV.

There was no further comment.

Have a look in the Audio Visual Forum .

There are a lot of good topics in there on Android Boxes, Kodi etc.

32 minutes ago, DividendGuy said:

Look at the pulse tv thread

3 minutes ago, DividendGuy said:

I am on my way to buy an Android box so, I can try and put together something viable.

There are many Android boxes on the market.

Do not buy a cheap model as it will likely be under-specked and not perform as you want it to.

I bought a cheap box from Lazada and it simply did not work (except for Thai TV channels).

I returned it within 14 days for a full refund.

I can refer you to someone who knows their stuff if you want.

PM me for details.

On 1/24/2017 at 6:07 PM, ghillie44 said:

Try Watchfree.to.  You can get all the UK series including a series of Father Brown which was not shown on BBC Entertainment.

I complained to BBC but was told they had discontinued the Entertainment and another channel through Asian distributor.  And they said I should push True to get them to take the new channels from BBC (I think like SG has).

But the BBC is so poor that I really do not miss them.  They have soooooo many repeats which they justify by saying "but everybody else does it".

Actually Father Brown WAS on BBC Entertainment - I was watching it in Dec last year until True took the channel off this year. And Wallander, Graham Norton Show, several other good 'cop' series, etc. Went to see True at our local office with my Thai partner and he spoke to them about this but they just smiled in the usual polite Thai manner and told him to speak to customer services on the phone, which he did - with similar reaction - 'sorry but can not get back!' - so he told her to escalate up to her manager. We left it at that after telling her we await full compensation. Some hopes! They have given me a free upgrade from Gold to Platinum until the end of this month - big deal!