Phantom/boss engine mood

themorn2112

Well spending time and money getting an old Phantom EFI'ed is beyond me as other posters also suggested.

I do prefer EFI on my bikes now, I admit, but they were build with it from the factory.

It's easier to go the other way, go from FI to carb, a friend of mine did that on his Dyna.

You should be able to keep your Phantom running for many years to come as it is.

I given up being nostalgic on my scooters/bikes, when for one reason or the other I want to sell it, it's bye-bye. There is no point denying that the newest models are the best, traction control, ABS, riding modes, EFI and so on but okay some older mechanics are just as happy as tinkering with their old bikes as riding them, respect for them.  

13 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Well spending time and money getting an old Phantom EFI'ed is beyond me as other posters also suggested.

I do prefer EFI on my bikes now, I admit, but they were build with it from the factory.

It's easier to go the other way, go from FI to carb, a friend of mine did that on his Dyna.

You should be able to keep your Phantom running for many years to come as it is.

I given up being nostalgic on my scooters/bikes, when for one reason or the other I want to sell it, it's bye-bye. There is no point denying that the newest models are the best, traction control, ABS, riding modes, EFI and so on but okay some older mechanics are just as happy as tinkering with their old bikes as riding them, respect for them.  

Thank you SOOOO much for your straight comment. you are right in that I am the tinkerer type. I was looking at if from the stand point as an exercise. I was concerned about the performance of the Thumper due to atmospheric changes (all i have to go on is my experience riding from Denver to Death Valley). I have not ridden anything on my own in LOS, so I am looking at as many possibilities as I expect to run in to. My ultimate goal is to have 2 machines, my main ride and a back up (with one I can tinker with and both capable of highway tours/visa runs). The EFI conversion would be a long term diversion for when I am settled in to my place of residence Thailand (Chiang Mai preferably).

Preserving my first machine will be an ongoing challenge and a constant reminder of my first memories of my long term stay in LOS. Once again, thank you for your comment. 

Edited by themorn2112
Additional commentary added.

Thumper = 175/200cc single. LOL.

My idea of a thumper starts with a RE 350, and moves on up from there. I would not even call a 200cc Tiger Cub a thumper.

Anyway, i'm done with this thread, i aint wastin' no more time talking to a brick wall/electronics tech.

What do i know, i've only owned, ridden and worked on motorcycles for 40 years, had my own shop for 15 years, designed, manufactured and sold my own parts,  and built several custom classic Meriden Triumphs featured in various magazines.

Yeah, i bow to your superior knowledge, i know Jack ShIt.

Bye...

31 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Thumper = 175/200cc single. LOL.

My idea of a thumper starts with a RE 350, and moves on up from there. I would not even call a 200cc Tiger Cub a thumper.

Anyway, i'm done with this thread, i aint wastin' no more time talking to a brick wall/electronics tech.

What do i know, i've only owned, ridden and worked on motorcycles for 40 years, had my own shop for 15 years, designed, manufactured and sold my own parts,  and built several custom classic Meriden Triumphs featured in various magazines.

Yeah, i bow to your superior knowledge, i know Jack ShIt.

Bye...

Thank you for your admission. I fully acknowledge that you probably have more insight on this subject matter, however you could work on how you choose to share your knowledge. Whatever you do, please don't take someone's questioning your answer as a challenge to your knowledge and ego. entertain the possibility that the person asking the question is seeking clarification on your answer. Like you I don't claim to know much of anything as well, but I go out of my way to find the answer and don't make it a habit to blindly accept an answer, I need to know why in order to clearly understand the answer. As i have said before, please inform me as to where my initial response in regards to the answer to my thread constitutes an insult or belittling? 

Don't tell my your intentions just do it. I humbly accept your intention. I wish you well and much happiness. 

Edited by themorn2112
Clarification and explanation of my comment, removed link

On 01/02/2017 at 11:39 AM, themorn2112 said:

Thank you for your admission. I fully acknowledge that you probably have more insight on this subject matter, however you could work on how you choose to share your knowledge. Whatever you do, please don't take someone's questioning your answer as a challenge to your knowledge and ego. entertain the possibility that the person asking the question is seeking clarification on your answer. Like you I don't claim to know much of anything as well, but I go out of my way to find the answer and don't make it a habit to blindly accept an answer, I need to know why in order to clearly understand the answer. As i have said before, please inform me as to where my initial response in regards to the answer to my thread constitutes an insult or belittling? 

Don't tell my your intentions just do it. I humbly accept your intention. I wish you well and much happiness. 

"Like you, i don't claim to know much of anything as well".  Ever heard of sarcasm...

... ok, i'll bite, one final post and then i'm outta here...

Snarky, irritating troll, ain't ya.

As Canthai so eloquently and politely put it in an earlier post on this very thread - GFY.

"Like you, i don't claim to know much of anything as well".  Ever heard of sarcasm...
... ok, i'll bite, one final post and then i'm outta here...
Snarky, irritating troll, ain't ya.
As Canthai so eloquently and politely put it in an earlier post on this very thread - GFY.

Have a nice day (you could use one).

Sent from my LG-H918 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app