Shameful: Farang lowlife cons Thais stuck in traffic by lying about robbery

webfact

Shameful: Farang lowlife cons Thais stuck in traffic by lying about robbery

By Coconuts Bangkok

farang_con.jpg

Photo: We Love Pattaya

BANGKOK: -- A shameless farang has been taking Bangkok’s gridlocked traffic as an opportunity to con Thai drivers out of small amounts of cash by speaking a little Thai and pulling on their heartstrings.

His latest victim was conned just last night. Retired Lad Phrao woman Sureewan Supanpaesat, 60, was parked not far from her home when a young foreigner driving a motorcycle knocked on her car window at a corner near the Ratchada - Lat Phrao Intersection. In Thai, he told her that his motorcycle’s underseat storage had been broken into and his stuff stolen. He asked her for “THB60 or THB70 cash to fill up his tank.”

But, according to records on social media, the same man has been “robbed” and had to beg other motorists for gas money at least fifteen times in the past year.

An annoyed Sureewan half-believed his story, so she handed him a THB20 bill to make him go away. Looking at the bill, he took the money and drove off without saying thank you.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/31/shameful-farang-lowlife-cons-thais-stuck-traffic-lying-about-robbery

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-01-31

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, webfact said:

A shameless farang has been taking Bangkok’s gridlocked traffic as an opportunity to con Thai drivers out of small amounts of cash by speaking a little Thai and pulling on their heartstrings

Surely this is a reserved occupation in Thailand; only Thais can carry out this sort of work?

He has been around for a while now. I myself got scammed into giving him 100 Baht when suddenly out the blue, he appeared on a motorbike and tapped on my car window at a red signal, and gave me a story about having been robbed in Silom and needing to fill some oil in his bike to reach home. Next dsy i found out that he has scammed many others. This was a year ago.

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

in Los Angeles, it is a common occurrence to be approached in a gas station by people saying they just ran out of gas and need some money to "get home".

same people everyday.

Gotta stick with what works, I guess.

Looks like the guy I once saw when I was walking into the breakfast room at Fraser Suites on Sukhumvit 11.

As I was walking in he was walking out with a plastic bag full of food from the buffet and said "thank you" to the entrance staff who had just arrived, which is probably the reason he had managed to get in at all.

They stopped him and asked for his room number, he replied "oh I can't remember." After a short discussion they let him leave but asked him not to come back.

1 hour ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Surely this is a reserved occupation in Thailand; only Thais can carry out this sort of work?

And, once again, the person doing something underhanded is a farang, but we immediately redirect the bashing to Thais and Thailand.

I remember sitting outside my hotel near Khoa San Road. Some nice young local came and told me he had lost his money and needed to buy a ticket home in the north of Thailand. Needed money for a bus ticket. I just gave him 200 baht and he was on his way. My missus was angry I'd fallen for this, as he'd done this before. My reply? "Oh, well. You live and learn". 

53 minutes ago, George Graham said:

When Thais con Farungs, why are they not referred to as "shameful low life Thais?"

Thais are bashed and called names on a daily basis here at TV, even in a thread like this one about some farang. Surely you can't be that oblivious.

3 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Thais are bashed and called names on a daily basis here at TV, even in a thread like this one about some farang. Surely you can't be that oblivious.

I actually lived in Oblivion for a while loved it, but then it was taken over by a bunch of shameful low life Thais. 

16 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Don't you ever get bored of making the same post .... again, and again, and again ....

Obviously not, you clearly cherish your role as the number 1 Thai apologist on these forums.