Hamburger Buns

JimGant

I kinda like to put my hamburger in an American style round hamburger bun. Yeah, I've been using square British sandwich slices as a substitute -- but that kinda sucks. However, I've never ever seen round hamburger buns in the supermarkets here. Obviously, importing such buns smacks of staleness. But, hey, where do MacDonalds and Burger King get their buns? Hotdog buns of the American variety would be nice too.

Any ideas? Or have I just been blind to their existence........

Rimping is where I typically get mine. Always seem to have them when I go. I typically go to the one near the Airport mall. I prefer the whole wheat variety. 

Now getting bagels is another story. Rimping has those also but generally not always in stock or fresh so if anyone can let me know where a person can always get a good bagel I'd appreciate it.

Most of the good bakeries have them but you have to buy early in the morning as they sell out fast. The best IMO is the bakery that sets up at 3 Kings on Friday - or they used to...they also deliver with a 400 Baht minimum. The ones from Rimping and Tops, Tesco, Farmhouse, etc. not very good.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Info for wrong city. Not sure the OP wants to go to Pattaya from Chiang Mai to get the buns.

Wasn't just for the OP. Was intended as general info for anyone seeking a burger bun

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Info for wrong city. Not sure the OP wants to go to Pattaya from Chiang Mai to get the buns.

Hey there are probably many more buns in Pattaya but perhaps too big for a burger.....  and I'm betting way past the 'best by' date...

I just don't know why anyone would touch a hamburger, or a bun, while living in Thailand, unless they were not yet properly localized.

My suggestion is to just eat Thai food, which is both plentiful and priced reasonably.

Hamburgers are for Wimpy.

Real men and women just eat Thai food.

10 minutes ago, GiantBlob said:

I just don't know why anyone would touch a hamburger, or a bun, while living in Thailand, unless they were not yet properly localized.

My suggestion is to just eat Thai food, which is both plentiful and priced reasonably.

You should have added if you dont like the local food go home.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

You should have added if you dont like the local food go home.

Go home.

Go home.

But, unfortunately.....As Thomas Wolfe accurately stated......

'You Can't Go Home Again'

Instead, try to sample the local buns, because they are very tender.

Hamburgers are a sandwich with meat in it. Hardly an exclusive American thing. Aren't sandwiches British?

You can make them as healthy as you like and flavor it how you like. Put what ever kind of meat in it, use whatever kind of bread. 

So many food snobs out there.

6 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Hamburgers are a sandwich with meat in it. Hardly an exclusive American thing. Aren't sandwiches British?

You can make them as healthy as you like and flavor it how you like. Put what ever kind of meat in it, use whatever kind of bread. 

This aint a sandwich.

Burg1.jpg

14012009756.jpg

Just now, Don Mega said:

This aint a sandwich.

Burg1.jpg

14012009756.jpg

Correct.

In fact, it is not even food.

Looks more like a dissected part from a cancer patient with Parkinson's disease.

I suggest you chuck in the nearest garbage bin, take an emetic for even looking at it,

And stop uploading images of animal meat.

13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Not all of us have the immature pallette of a teenage boy, who demands hot dogs and hamburgers, while living in a country rich in culinary excellence. If you interpret that as being a food snob, then I guess we know where you stand on rating the hamburger as a fine dining experience. 

As a food photographer I can tell you that you can make em look as good or awful as you like, Tell me what mandatory ingredient to a hamburger is unhealthy.

12 minutes ago, JaySonic said:

Not all of us have the immature pallette of a teenage boy, who demands hot dogs and hamburgers, while living in a country rich in culinary excellence. If you interpret that as being a food snob, then I guess we know where you stand on rating the hamburger as a fine dining experience. 

Thailand is not exactly the place to get healthy food, unless you quite picky about where you eat of make it all yourself.

Lots of cheap palm oil, sugar, white rice and MSG to go with the nutritious bits that are tossed in for presentation. The average Thai diet is loaded with junk.

Edited by canuckamuck

16 minutes ago, GiantBlob said:

Correct.

Looks more like a dissected part from a cancer patient with Parkinson's disease.

I suggest you chuck in the nearest garbage bin, take an emetic for even looking at it,

Oh a vegetarian, I get it now. 

20 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Tell me what mandatory ingredient to a hamburger is unhealthy.

You cite white rice as being unhealthy, yet you ignore the white bread bun of a hamburger 

And what of all those carcinogens when the meat is cooking ! Hamburger is a suicide food. 

50 minutes ago, GiantBlob said:

Correct.

Hahaha, want some tissues to dry your eye !!

Run along  and eat your lawn clippings whilst us real men talk hamburgers.

Edited by Don Mega

47 minutes ago, JaySonic said:

Sweet baby Buddha, what is that... that... THING !? 

And an egg on your hamburger? Come on, man. Next you'll add a pineapple ring and a slice of pickled beetroot. 

yep both are in there as well !!

37 minutes ago, JaySonic said:

You cite white rice as being unhealthy, yet you ignore the white bread bun of a hamburger 

And what of all those carcinogens when the meat is cooking ! Hamburger is a suicide food. 

Yep I will have killed myself by the time I am 90.

And why not a multi grain bun then.

5 hours ago, GiantBlob said:

Keep your nose out of other people's eating habits. Go eat your som tam and stop trolling.