Welcome to Pattaya - Finnish couple on first day in the resort latest victims of snatch theft

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, arrowsdawdle said:

Turn a 3-iron upside down and use it as a cane...until some idiot steps over the line and does something stupid, whereupon you get the pleasure of showing him your knock-down shot. Graphite shaft is less likely to break than steel, but steel makes a good skewer if it does break.

They come from behind, they are right on your case, pillion rider rips, the driver concentrates on the getaway. It happens in seconds...

I have seen a crime like this take place in bkk..I think you would just about have completed your backswing when they are 20 meters down the road...with your valuables.

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Don't wear necklaces in Pattaya ... just too much of a risk. 

Dont go to Pattaya to much of a risk total, Thailand for that matter

Well done TV I just saw one of you adds for the Algrave only £175 for a week good idea anyone know id they scam rob or murder tourists there?

8 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Nonsense, go to the outskirts of any city as whitey in Brazil and your throat will be slashed just to see what's in your pockets!!

Yep Pattaya does that too and stick a mirror in the rear to if you hid anything there

normal everyday in Pat where you been hiding any more room in there for me?

54 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Dont go to Pattaya to much of a risk total, Thailand for that matter

Well done TV I just saw one of you adds for the Algrave only £175 for a week good idea anyone know id they scam rob or murder tourists there?

No. They just snatch children!

I once visited a country where my friend who is a native of that country would leave some money on the table whenever he went out. I asked him why he always leave money on the table. He said if the robbers came into the house and found no money to steal they would break everything you have in the house, they would even use a knife to cut your shoes and slippers, clothes so you got nothing to wear.

Is Thailand approaching such a scenario?

18 hours ago, captspectre said:

I have been here seventeen years! obviously you have not heard about the snatches in soi 4 and sukhumvit. but it is easy when you have your head in the sky. finland? never heard of it BUT the tourist companies if they are worth their  weight in salt should warn their tourist about the pitfalls they "may" expect.and tourist should have a "little" common sense when traveling in certain areas.

I agree...I don't live in BKK but every time I do visit BKK someone tries something; small over-shoulder bag-someone tried to cut the strap. waist wallet (outside) strap also cut...and one or two other incidents. Of course, this is probably true of any big city anywhere...crime is increasing. 

In response to johnbarpic. . .

Singapore's legal system is not everybody's cup of tea.  Homosexuals are jailed, it's illegal to chew gum and caning (canes for the use of parents and children are openly sold in the shops) is routinely administered as part of swingeing punishment for relatively minor offences.

However, I'd certainly welcome  the Asian city state's tough strictures against theft adopted more generally - not so much as a deterrent to petty pilferers, but to bring to book dodgy banks and financial institutions which currently get away with murder (or at least being accomplices, in the case of banks caught laundering money for drugs cartels and terrorist organisations).

When was the last time the boss of a bank convicted of criminal practices -  not some minor fall guy - wound up behind bars? Usually, the punishment is a slap-on-the wrist fine, which is ultimately recouped by charging customers more for services.

No matter how developed and wealthy the society,  there is one law for the rich and another for the relative poor. This is what Brexit, the shock US election result and the worldwide revolt against the Establishment is all about. Singapore is no different - and certainly no role model for a better, fairer society.

7 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

In response to johnbarpic. . .

Singapore's legal system is not everybody's cup of tea.  Homosexuals are jailed, it's illegal to chew gum and caning (canes for the use of parents and children are openly sold in the shops) is routinely administered as part of swingeing punishment for relatively minor offences.

However, I'd certainly welcome  the Asian city state's tough strictures against theft adopted more generally - not so much as a deterrent to petty pilferers, but to bring to book dodgy banks and financial institutions which currently get away with murder (or at least being accomplices, in the case of banks caught laundering money for drugs cartels and terrorist organisations).

When was the last time the boss of a bank convicted of criminal practices -  not some minor fall guy - wound up behind bars? Usually, the punishment is a slap-on-the wrist fine, which is ultimately recouped by charging customers more for services.

No matter how developed and wealthy the society,  there is one law for the rich and another for the relative poor. This is what Brexit, the shock US election result and the worldwide revolt against the Establishment is all about. Singapore is no different - and certainly no role model for a better, fairer society.

Source?

Archived