PM orders creation of national water database centre

rooster59

PM orders creation of national water database centre

By The Nation

e5d5a1060b80e896391282c74e41e000-sld.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed the Water Resources Department to upgrade its water disaster prevention centre to become the country’s central water database operation.

In a move designed to boost water planning effectiveness and natural disaster prevention, a central database operation at the 13-year-old Mekhla Centre – which the premier inspected yesterday – will gather and integrate all water-related data from concerned agencies.

“The integrated information will result in better water planning for various groups of water users while preventing and mitigating water-related disasters,” Prayut said.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305644

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-04

He should check out Water Board Monopolies: East Water make continual mistakes when bar-coding their bills so unable to pay at 7-11s.  The only way to pay them is a 50kms round trip to their office in Sattahip!  Why should their incompetence cost me?  

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed the Water Resources Department to upgrade its water disaster prevention centre to become the country’s central water database operation. "

Will most likely have all of the effectiveness as photographing the Titanic sinking.

Yes, the best way to coordinate a response is to create yet another disparate committee, panel, organization, stand-alone database.

Seems like there should be one single department (RID?) in one single Ministry (maybe Interior rather than Agriculture?).

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

He should check out Water Board Monopolies: East Water make continual mistakes when bar-coding their bills so unable to pay at 7-11s.  The only way to pay them is a 50kms round trip to their office in Sattahip!  Why should their incompetence cost me?  

Tell me about it my water bill ( usually Bht 100 pcm) came in at Baht 800 then Bht 600 two months b4 xmas. 

On querying ( as did every household on the Soi) "engineers" were immediately dispatched to check the water meters ( as if fifteen failed simultaneously) 

f****k all done since and no chance of getting the stolen money back

This Is Thievery (TIT)

8 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

There hasn't been anything resembling water management in Thailand to date, maybe not a bad idea to compile a data base that would allow informed decisions instead of political ones.

It is amazing that the Water Resources Department does not have such a data already. But TIT

huh! just like at school. well I'll be darned.

the only folks listening to this stuff are other government officials who are required to go to these announcement ceremonies... plus some farlang looking for a good laugh.

the ajarn same..... as often as not... the only one listening to the ajarn speak is the ajarn himself or herself. most everyone who can has a hidden or maybe not so well hidden smartphone or comic book.

Edited by maewang99