Family man shoots teen dead after parking dispute in Chonburi

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Lannig

Not taking the piss,but how can a bullet falling from the sky be harmless? I  think it was one of the south American countries stopped the firing of guns into the air during festival times to stop exactly that.It is said that if you dropped a coin from the top of the Eiffel tower,and if you accept that the rate of fall, when reaching terminal velocity, which is some 147 feet per second,per second  (and please correct me if i am wrong)would kill some one if it fell on their head.

We know that velocity of gathering speed will add mass.Therefore the example given is that a coin weighing,say 1 gramme would weigh a lot more as it falls,eventually weighing enough to kill someone,or give them serious injury.

Sorry Dave, don,t know where you went to school, but increasing the speed will not alter the mass of the object one teeny weeny bitty. It will however increase the momentum of the moving object, and if that falling object has the required ballistic characteristics it could accelerate to a speed that could cause damage. 

I don't understand the movie.

What I see is: 

he parked the car,

then the van aggressively approached, cut in front of him, may be even blocked his car

obviously had followed him

he got out

people from the van get out run to him (which is an aggressive approach)

than they run away.

When were the shots fired? I can't see

The people in the van were the aggressors 

he acted in self defense against a gang assault

premeditated murder ? rubbish

Edited by sweatalot

5 hours ago, Canceraid said:

He should have shot all of them and not just one, now the surviving hooligans will harass other innocent people. These are scum that should be eradicated.

Yes those Thai Teenagers---their defiantly over the top aren't they......:shock1:

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

I'm trying too work out why nearly everyone has guns? Who is controlling issuing of permits? If you're not police on duty or Military on duty, where is the need to have a gun? Is it the glamorizing of guns as a cool social ad don as seen on TV that's fueling this obsession?

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

No premeditated murder here! The man was attacked by the 17 year old and his friend. They were also trying to stop him from leaving his parkingspace. Folowing him and his family. Surely a clear case of self defense.

Suthep was charged with lethal use of a firearm and premeditated murder. He has been granted bail.

Kind of helps if you read the links to these articles.

phantomfiddler

I was mulling over the post you sent me about the speed mass thing and i came across a article about it.It went something like this.

There are two types of mass.Sometimes people say mass,when they mean relativistic mass,that mass gains

mass with velocity.Other times they say mass when they mean invariant mass,this type of mass tends to infinity when the velocity approaches light speed. I would appreciate your thoughts and possible answer to this statement.Because the first mass would bear out my statement that mass is gained with velocity.

Now i am confused,please clear this up,if you can.

Also check out the velocity/mass item on google.:smile:

25 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Suthep was charged with lethal use of a firearm and premeditated murder. He has been granted bail.

Kind of helps if you read the links to these articles.

Charging is one thing. Trying to prove it is another. This ain´t gonna be any premeditated murder, and that´s simply why they give him bail. And also because of that he stayed at the place until police arrived. If you understand anything about how the law works, then you would understand things like this without asking. End of story.

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

Mythbusters tested it out. They made a gun that can fire a penny at 64.4 miles per hour — the same speed at which a penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building would hit the ground at.

They launched it into a ballistics dummy and found that it only caused a little damage. Then, they shot each other with the gun, and while it stung, it didn't really do any harm — certainly not enough to kill someone.

Apparently the myth is simply not true. A penny just can't gather enough velocity from the top of the Empire State Building to do any real harm.

Acceleration due to gravity is 9.8 meters per sec per sec. the coin falling from  any height would be subject to friction of the air which due to its shape would drastically slow it down

compare a kg of lead against a kg of feathers, 

both accelerate at the same level due to gravity but one gets slowed down a lot by air friction. 

Lesson over kids now go shoot each other with feather bullets and lead bullets to try it out.....

:sorry::post-4641-1156693976:

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Premeditated murder, then granted bail !

What exactly does one have to do to be kept incarcerated ? Computer crime ?

well to start with, you need to be a farang...after that its any crime in which the justice system feels they can fleece you the most.

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

We will all have to take your word on that GT.......us that haven't seen, or made a study of Thai dicks that is................:coffee1:

It's a well known fact that with most Thai males half an inch less and they would have been born a female :giggle:

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

It's a well known fact that with most Thai males half an inch less and they would have been born a female :giggle:

Ah so you moved here so you would not stand out..  people who are obsessed by the size of their..  usually have no size.

5 hours ago, Lannig said:

Of course, but it has lost its velocity then so it's harmless.

if you shoot a lead pellet a mile up into the air,  it gains velocity as it falls back to earth.    many people are killed every year by bullets falling onto the top of their heads.  this happens a lot during 4th of july celebrations, when revelers discharge their guns straight up, to make noise. 

7 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

You never shoot only one shot if you aim at a person, always 2 shots. 1in the ground and 1 in the perpetrator and they doesn't have to be at that order as no one can ever prove which bullet you shoot first... that's what I was taught in the army.

BTW. Never ever fire a gun in to the air unless you are hunting birds or airplanes as you don't know where the bullet will land! 

the army learnt you to shoot in the ground, what a joke

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Premeditated murder, then granted bail !

What exactly does one have to do to be kept incarcerated ? Computer crime ?

Huh? How did you reach the conclusion it was "premeditated murder"? Sure he killed someone but maybe he felt physically threatened and was defending himself?

7 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Huh? How did you reach the conclusion it was "premeditated murder"? Sure he killed someone but maybe he felt physically threatened and was defending himself?

See #38, or just try reading links to articles.

Edited by Thaiwrath

16 hours ago, seancbk said:

Mythbusters tested it out. They made a gun that can fire a penny at 64.4 miles per hour — the same speed at which a penny dropped from the top of the Empire State Building would hit the ground at.

They launched it into a ballistics dummy and found that it only caused a little damage. Then, they shot each other with the gun, and while it stung, it didn't really do any harm — certainly not enough to kill someone.

Apparently the myth is simply not true. A penny just can't gather enough velocity from the top of the Empire State Building to do any real harm.

Actually, on the TV show a 1000 ways to die there was a spot on a guy who died from a bullet falling from the sky after some guys shot off their guns during a New Year celebration a couple of miles away

Maybe that is just Hollywood... who knows... but wouldn't want to try.

I can't disagree with what this guy did to these "Punks" ......after all he was protecting himself and his family 

But in hindsight, maybe a "pepper spray " would have deterred them and he wouldn't be in such a predicament 

I keep one in the car (legal or not) I will worry about that afterwards 

On 06/02/2017 at 7:51 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

The shooter was scared after he was surrounded by the teens in the van after they followed him.

So much road rage here, the Thais are supposed to be calm Buddhist but that seems to go out of the window when they are driving. 

Plastic Buddhist most of them...

Thai public rally to support engineer who shot at menacing teens, killing boy 17

5a.jpg

Picture: Manager

CHONBURI: -- An apparent road rage incident in Chonburi is at the top of the Thai news as video footage of the incident has emerged.

An engineer called Suthep Photsomboon was out with his family in the Chonburi area.

A van can be seen to apparently block his path at the three way Krok Yai intersection in Muang district. At the same time a car filled with teenagers hems him in from behind, it was claimed, reported Manager Online.

5a1.JPEG

Many teenagers got out of the vehicles to confront Suthep in a road rage situation. Feeling threatened he pulled out a .380 gun he had in a bag and fired what he claimed was a warning shot.

But Nawaphon Pheungphai, 17, a M4 student at a Bangkok school was hit in the chest. He died later from his injuries.

Suthep stayed at the scene to give himself up to police though it appears that he was set upon by angry friends of the victim.

The incident has divided Thai public opinion with many saying the reaction was over the top. Manager, however, reported that most members of the public were siding with the engineer who was protecting himself and the occupants of his vehicle.

5c.JPEG

A video has been posted on Facebook from dash can footage inside Suthep's vehicle but while there is audio indicating trouble it does not show the actual shooting or its aftermath.

A girl is heard to say: "Did you shoot?" to which the shooter replied "Yes, he went for me".

This is followed by much crying.

The matter is in the hands of police. The incident occurred on Saturday evening.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-09

That mob of kids looks pretty menacing. I suppose he could have just aimed for the legs. Or a warning shot would have more than likely scared these cowardly punks away. There is no doubt that today's youth is far more violent than the previous generation, which still had a fairly good amount of respect for people and society.