Two months late with 800G deposit, what to do?

Could someone please give me advice? I’ve been on a retirement visa for two years and my renewal is coming in March, however, I’m two months late with my 800,000 B deposit this time. Does anyone know what the fine will be or will I have to leave? Thank you.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You extension of stay (not a visa) based upon retirement application will be denied for not having the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

You will need to leave the country to get a new non-o visa and apply for a new extension.

Question ?  Depending on his nationality example American.,can he get a income letter from his Embassy ? No need for the 800k . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Question ?  Depending on his nationality example American.,can he get a income letter from his Embassy ? No need for the 800k . 

If he had the income to get a income letter that would work. I assume he does not have the income since he is using the money in the bank option.

• Like 2

You extension of stay (not a visa) based upon retirement application will be denied for not having the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

You will need to leave the country to get a new non-o visa and apply for a new extension.

You can't get a not o vias anymore in my country Australia , you have get your  retirement visa in Australia before you go to thailand.

the not o visa we stop 2 years ago .

so not sure what country the op comes from .

5 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You can't get a not o vias anymore in my country Australia , you have get your  retirement visa in Australia before you go to thailand.

He can get the non-o visa in Vientiane or Penang. He does not have to return to his home country to get it. 

38 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

I got a Non-O about August in Brisbane before they stopped issuing them. Can still get one in Sydney, I was told.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He can get the non-o visa in Vientiane or Penang. He does not have to return to his home country to get it. 

Try to do that 2 years ago was a no go for me , had to go back home get a  retirement Visa .

could have changed not sure ,  how long ago did you do it ? .

6 minutes ago, Jimeo47 said:

I got a Non-O about August in Brisbane before they stopped issuing them. Can still get one in Sydney, I was told.

How long ago did you get it ?. 

You can't get non - o vias in Australia anymore.

you have to get the  retirement Visa .

i think you have been miss lead if you think you can still get them .

16 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Try to do that 2 years ago was a no go for me , had to go back home get a  retirement Visa .

Many people have gotten a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over at Penang and Vientiane. Many reports on this forum about getting them.

Perhaps you were mistakenly trying to apply for a OA visa which can only be applied for in your home country.

I haven't gotten a non-o visa in almost 9 years and it was based upon marriage.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people have gotten a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over at Penang and Vientiane. Many reports on this forum about getting them.

Perhaps you were mistakenly trying to apply for a OA visa which can only be applied for in your home country.

I haven't gotten a non-o visa in almost 9 years and it was based upon marriage.

Like I said try for not o visa no way 

making people go back to there country to do them because now you need a  criminal  check .

you did it 9 years ago and you are saying you can get it at Vientiane, I tried 2 years ago with no  success so I think I would no more about then you .

what you read on here is not all ways right, like people like you that are not with the new visa rules and make  comments .

Edited by georgemandm
Add

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

United States.

44 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Hi, where are you from?

Go and tell them about your predicament at the immigration office you attend. And they may give you a two month visa extension to cover the two months needed to meet the 3 month requirement for the 800K to be in the bank. I was in a similar predicament with a 12 month marriage visa which is only 400K in the bank but they gave me the aforementioned two month extension and told me to come back and apply just before the visa ran out. I did and everything was fine and I was granted the 12mth visa.

• Like 2

I have just realised that this sort of thing could happen to me. I am 86 and beginning to get rather forgetful. What would happen if I forgot to put the 800 K on my account.? I cannot travel or walk. So I  would not be able to leave the country. Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, PixelPac said:

Go and tell them about your predicament at the immigration office you attend. And they may give you a two month visa extension to cover the two months needed to meet the 3 month requirement for the 800K to be in the bank. I was in a similar predicament with a 12 month marriage visa which is only 400K in the bank but they gave me the aforementioned two month extension and told me to come back and apply just before the visa ran out. I did and everything was fine and I was granted the 12mth visa.

The 60 day extension is only possible if married to a Thai or have a Thai child.

The OP has not mentioned being married.

48 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

How long ago did you get it ?. 

You can't get non - o vias in Australia anymore.

you have to get the  retirement Visa .

i think you have been miss lead if you think you can still get them .

On 8th August 2016 my Non-Immigrant O multiple entry visa was issued, and at the time Andrew (Consul) said you can only get them from Sydney or Canberra now. I'll go and see him in June when I go back to Brisbane for a visit just to make sure. I was just going to keep getting the non O's, but if I can't I'll have to bite the bullet and get the retirement extension.

If he had the income to get a income letter that would work. I assume he does not have the income since he is using the money in the bank option.

In any event, if he's American is there some special waiver or whatever?

22 minutes ago, gamini said:

I have just realised that this sort of thing could happen to me. I am 86 and beginning to get rather forgetful. What would happen if I forgot to put the 800 K on my account.? I cannot travel or walk. So I  would not be able to leave the country. Any ideas?

If you got confirmation that you cannot travel from a doctor immigration could do a extension for medical reasons long enough to have the money in the bank for 3 months.