Container conversations

• 3 weeks later...

I have spoken on the telephone with Mr. Simon Fox of Container King Thailand.  They have an impressive web site. I have met in person a South African expat named Julian Ocean who has shown me photos of the conversion of the 45' high cube container he is currently converting to a moderate cost house in a village not far from the Buriram Airport. Julian Ocean informed me that he was converting the shipping containers to houses, for movement to different home sites for customers who wanted the option to move a home.  I noted he had installed Cotto Sanitaryware, EVE LED Lighting fixtures  and other name brand fittings.  I 100% understand the appeal, especially how promptly one could have a well built home for a fixed contract price.  The price of the empty container seemed transparent to me on the web site  http://www.containerkingthailand.com/    I have no affiliation with this company, yet I have seen examples of OTHER traditional house building practices in Isaan that left me stunned. To have a home built with daily supervision on site by a man such as Julian is a rare benefit in Isaan.