Bus to Pattaya gassing up on the way.

rak sa_ngop

12 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I go from Pattaya to Udom Suk, normally one of the first buses to leave.  I always get there in 2 hours or less.  No stops on the way.  Coming back is a different matter as I normally leave sometime after lunch, so traffic is a bit worse, and I leave from Ekkamai..  The only time I've had a 3 hour trip was when they diverted for various stops.  But yes, in the afternoon, 2.5-3 hours is the norm.  Stops included.  I've done this trip many times also. 

I've taken bus trips in many countries around the world.  For a "developed" country like Thailand, public transport here is an embarrassment. 

Yeah, almost everything on the Pats-BKK buses is broken: air vent valves, seat backs, seatbelts, chair adjusters, bottle holders, stowage webbing, shade curtains, footrests, window glass . . . We can be thankful that the air con usually works.

• 1 year later...

It happened to me today for the first time in 10 years. Gas station 10 minutes away from Pattaya. I think it's normal routine but I must have been lucky to avoid them in the past. The bus ride now took 3 hr 30 mins

3 hours ago, balo said:

It happened to me today for the first time in 10 years. Gas station 10 minutes away from Pattaya. I think it's normal routine but I must have been lucky to avoid them in the past. The bus ride now took 3 hr 30 mins

Well, yes it can take that long as I stated in a previuos post and was told I was wrong.

It is hit and miss about the gas stop has happened to me about 6 times.

Have they finally stop dropping people off in Chonburi town for good now? on my most recent trips I've been lucky that they don't do this, it used to be that they don't detour into Chonburi only during the rush hours, and only on customer's requrest.I never understand why people boarding at Ekamai has a choice to go with the bus company that's actually going to  Chonburi choose to board a Pattaya bus and make them detour into Chonburi at the inconvenience of other passengers.