"They shalt not fornicate" - Chiang Mai cops determined to stop teens having sex on Valentine's Day

webfact

"They shalt not fornicate" - Chiang Mai cops determined to stop teens having sex on Valentine's Day

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

CHIANG MAI: -- Chiang Mai cops were out in force last night under orders to stop teens under 18 from having sex in the city's numerous short time hotels.

Under the leadership of deputy chief Piyaphan Phatraphong they had set up checkpoints outside 24 hour "curtain" hotels and bungalows for the Valentine's Day period, reorted Thairath.

Thai IDs were being checked and those milling around near the hotels were given some lectures on obeying the law.

Short time hotel staff were also asked to help with the crackdown for the period of the "day of love" when teens were expected to have more sex.

Piyaphan said that he was acting on orders from National Police Head Office to keep a watch on the behavior of teens and that all 25

districts and 38 stations in the area would be onboard with the crackdown.

Piyaphan also asked parents to help with the initiative by keeping a careful eye on their offspring.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-14

Thais have taken this rather quaint Christian festival, when traditionally, cards or letters are sent, usually anonymously from an admirer, into a night when teens either go willingly, or are lured, or pressured by peers, to seedy love motels and 'bungalows' to have sex.  Sad.

17 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Thais have taken this rather quaint Christian festival, when traditionally, cards or letters are sent, usually anonymously from an admirer, into a night when teens either go willingly, or are lured, or pressured by peers, to seedy love motels and 'bungalows' to have sex.  Sad.

what is more sad is people thinking sex is somehow seedy... shock horror, we are animals and we enjoy sex.

55 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

I've read it was originally Pagan (the ancient Roman feast of Lupercalia), part of that celebration was the pairing off for the duration of the festival, of couples who, if they took to one another, would marry soon after the feast.

Yeah, that'll help ... already had a laugh at that last year. and the year before ...

I'll just quote 'onemorechang' from the similar threat, fits perfectly here too:

> Nice to see the police getting the important  things,   ...

i do believe this could be the correct music for this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4RHZ1ssCBA     < 

Sex is really bad. We cannot let the youth have sex. If we stop them from using these short time hotels, they will not have sex anymore. We sat down, brainstormed, and we came up with this conclusion. Pretty clever, huh? We are real problem solvers. We are smart men. We really do care. We are looking after our people, and we are going to make sure that the moral fiber returns to this nation. Just have a look at us? We are setting the example of righteousness! We are the man!

This nonsense is rolled out every year.Where there's a will there's a way. Many students live in shoe box condos and can organise a roster system for privacy.

Valentines Day in Bangkok used to be hilarious when I was teaching.

In the mega shopping malls there used to be 100's of students running around with a red rose or 2 looking for their mate.   

Of course this activity in immoral behaviour is a high prority for the BIB, aka the "moral crusaders"

Edited by Sparkles

5 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

In the States we call this the Prom. Good times, I vaguely remember. :burp:

This is such a waste of time  If a couple of 16 year olds want to get it on They will regardless of whether they can go into a short stay motel or not 

The better thing to do is teach them Birth control rather than have the 16 year old girl go home and say GUESS WHAT MOM I AM PREGNANT 

What moron thought of going to short stay motels to stop Teens

Get real and join the real world 

My Valentine's Day was just great.  I "reminded" Hubby of the day, when I conveniently forgot to bring a dress into the shower room this morning and asked him to bring in my red dress, in honor of Valentine's Day.  It's not my favorite color, but sometimes you just have to wear red here (Chinese New Year's, etc).  He got the message, apparently.

I came home this afternoon to find he was gone, but there was a V-day card waiting for me, along with a new toilet seat!  Wow, I thought he'd forgotten about my few reminders about how our toilet seat had "issues".  How romantic!  He showed up soon with a few items we need like breakfast cereal, yogurt and Scotch.

Who needs a short-time motel.  We already have curtains.

13 minutes ago, NancyL said:

My Valentine's Day was just great.  I "reminded" Hubby of the day, when I conveniently forgot to bring a dress into the shower room this morning and asked him to bring in my red dress, in honor of Valentine's Day.  It's not my favorite color, but sometimes you just have to wear red here (Chinese New Year's, etc).  He got the message, apparently.

I came home this afternoon to find he was gone, but there was a V-day card waiting for me, along with a new toilet seat!  Wow, I thought he'd forgotten about my few reminders about how our toilet seat had "issues".  How romantic!  He showed up soon with a few items we need like breakfast cereal, yogurt and Scotch.

Who needs a short-time motel.  We already have curtains.

and who said Romance was dead a man after my own heart 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Under the leadership of deputy chief Piyaphan Phatraphong they had set up checkpoints outside 24 hour "curtain" hotels and bungalows for the Valentine's Day period, reorted Thairath.

Thai IDs were being checked and those milling around near the hotels were given some lectures on obeying the law.

And who is stopping real crimes?