Jomtien 90 day report experience

On my last two visits to the Jomtien Office to do my 90 day extension including a visit today) I did not get the usual white paper with the date to come back again in 90 days........rather,..... I got a green slip of paper with the words......"This is not an extension of stay, please notify your address again on ...(date).  Looks like this is a new thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

On my last two visits to the Jomtien Office to do my 90 day extension including a visit today) I did not get the usual white paper with the date to come back again in 90 days........rather,..... I got a green slip of paper with the words......"This is not an extension of stay, please notify your address again on ...(date).  Looks like this is a new thing?

Green or blue receipt with the report date on it. That's all you need next time and your passport if your still at the same address.

Yes, I don't think the color is important.  What *is* important is that the part of the form stapled into your passport has the bar code that they can scan next time.  No bar code = completing the forms again, just like in the old days.

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I have had the green slip on at least my last two 90 dayers, at Chom Chien Pattaya so it's seems it might be a stayer, and as reported very smooth operation, the IO even told my wife i need'nt be there she could do it alone, which suits me!

Props to Jomtien Immigration.  I did mine last week in 10 minutes, as well.  No need to fill out any forms.  Just get a number and hand 'em your passport.  They change the blue paper at the back of your passport and you are out the door.   Couldn't be easier.

I.gotta do mine tomorrow. Usually fast in and out. But it is still a pain in the butt. I wish at least.they would go to six months. Especially since I have been here for a while...Its not like I am going to change my.address with out telling them. Give long term expats some slack.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BrainLife said:

10 minutes, very slow. Last week I did it within 1 minute.

Last time I did my 90 day report, it took me between 5 and 10 minutes but there were 2 or 3 people ahead of me in the queue. I've been here almost 12 years now and have only once had a problem when doing my 90 day report and that was my fault for being more than 7 days late.

Alan

1 hour ago, AbeSurd said:

Question to the OP...

Were any people doing 90 day reporting being sent to the TM30 naughty boys reporting room?

Thanks.

There was only 2 people in front of me. One already being dealt with and one waiting. Neither of them were sent upstairs. The only people being sent were those doing visa extensions that I actually saw. There was a woman outside when I left, telling anybody who would listen that she had just been fined after wanting to extend her tourist visa. I would say the vast majority of long term stayers that are dealing with Jomtien are probably by now complying with the TM30 requirement. IMO the I/O's now just wait until extension time and then take up the issue with the TM30.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

On 17/02/2017 at 1:01 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

There was only 2 people in front of me. One already being dealt with and one waiting. Neither of them were sent upstairs. The only people being sent were those doing visa extensions that I actually saw. There was a woman outside when I left, telling anybody who would listen that she had just been fined after wanting to extend her tourist visa. I would say the vast majority of long term stayers that are dealing with Jomtien are probably by now complying with the TM30 requirement. IMO the I/O's now just wait until extension time and then take up the issue with the TM30.

So, reading your original post, am I right to believe that you always did a new TM 30 after you re-entered the country (because, same as myself, you seem to travel a lot and have never reached the 90-day-limit before).

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

So, reading your original post, am I right to believe that you always did a new TM 30 after you re-entered the country (because, same as myself, you seem to travel a lot and have never reached the 90-day-limit before).

My first TM30 I ever did was in November 2016 and only because I took an early retirement so would not be travelling in out as often as I have done for the last 30 odd years between the UK, US and Thailand. I knew at some stage I would eventually have to do a 90 day report because of not being in and out as often as I was, I decided after the reports, to go and get the TM30 sorted once and for all. I got fined 4000BHT after they looked at my records on the computer system of the amount of times in and out over the years. The last time a TM30 report was submitted was by a hotel in Hua Hin 3 years ago. Since that time, I had stayed in a lot of hotels. Major chains that had not reported me. Jomtiem IO answer to that is, you need to know the immigration laws in the country you wish to stay and you need to be reported or report yourself. No if's or buts.
I then asked them to make it clear exactly what they required as I had no mind to keep giving them 4000 bht. They require a report, each and every time you are away from your address out of the province for over a 24hr period which also includes any in and out trips from and too Thailand.
No need to do a new TM30 form though each time. Just report with your original slip and passport plus your new TM6 arrival card if you have left and re-entered the country. I have since done 2 report ins now plus a 90 day report. They issue a receipt for the TM30 report each time which you keep as proof you have actually reported should there need to be a stewards enquiry.
There is now no point in doing a run out for a few days shopping to KL or Singapore and at the same time, for the sake of resetting your 90 day report clock because you still need to report a new TM30 arrival on your return. Still, that's how they want it and that's what you need to do in order to stay legal and avoid being fined over and over. If they are happy, then I am happy. We are all happy. :smile:

4 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

My first TM30 I ever did was in November 2016 and only because I took an early retirement so would not be travelling in out as often as I have done for the last 30 odd years between the UK, US and Thailand. I knew at some stage I would eventually have to do a 90 day report because of not being in and out as often as I was, I decided after the reports, to go and get the TM30 sorted once and for all. I got fined 4000BHT after they looked at my records on the computer system of the amount of times in and out over the years. The last time a TM30 report was submitted was by a hotel in Hua Hin 3 years ago. Since that time, I had stayed in a lot of hotels. Major chains that had not reported me. Jomtiem IO answer to that is, you need to know the immigration laws in the country you wish to stay and you need to be reported or report yourself. No if's or buts.
I then asked them to make it clear exactly what they required as I had no mind to keep giving them 4000 bht. They require a report, each and every time you are away from your address out of the province for over a 24hr period which also includes any in and out trips from and too Thailand.
No need to do a new TM30 form though each time. Just report with your original slip and passport plus your new TM6 arrival card if you have left and re-entered the country. I have since done 2 report ins now plus a 90 day report. They issue a receipt for the TM30 report each time which you keep as proof you have actually reported should there need to be a stewards enquiry.
There is now no point in doing a run out for a few days shopping to KL or Singapore and at the same time, for the sake of resetting your 90 day report clock because you still need to report a new TM30 arrival on your return. Still, that's how they want it and that's what you need to do in order to stay legal and avoid being fined over and over. If they are happy, then I am happy. We are all happy. :smile:

Great that "You are all happy", but me I am certainly not. This basically means you r restricted from any sort of travel even within the kingdom as most Hotels let alone Guesthouses still do not report their guests. So what you do if you stay for 2 nights in Ubon and then two nights in Khonkaen followed by two nights in Korat as I recently did. Even worse if you stay only ONE night and have to leave early the next morning. You have no chance/option to investigate if you have been reported as a guest, or go to immigration at every town, yet they still may fine you for something you are NOT actually responsible for.

These rules are completely nuts and only a way to fleece Farang even more.

But great for those in Pattaya or CM or wherever who barely have set a foot out of their town for the past decade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

Great that "You are all happy", but me I am certainly not. This basically means you r restricted from any sort of travel even within the kingdom as most Hotels let alone Guesthouses still do not report their guests. So what you do if you stay for 2 nights in Ubon and then two nights in Khonkaen followed by two nights in Korat as I recently did. Even worse if you stay only ONE night and have to leave early the next morning. You have no chance/option to investigate if you have been reported as a guest, or go to immigration at every town, yet they still may fine you for something you are NOT actually responsible for.

But great for those in Pattaya or CM or wherever who barely have set a foot out of their town for the past decade.

What can you do other than smile and get on with it? I don't like it as much as you don't as I have better things to do other than go to Jomtien Immigration. You either have to put up and comply with it or move to an area that isn't playing it to the book. At least we can live peacefully here in great weather as long as we play it by the book. I wish I could just go and live as easily in my place in Florida for years at a time. That unfortunately isn't ever going to be allowed to happen because of there immigration rules.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

On 18/02/2017 at 3:42 PM, Lovethailandelite said:

What can you do other than smile and get on with it? I don't like it as much as you don't as I have better things to do other than go to Jomtien Immigration.

I agree. But this already made me slow down on my traveling within the kingdom, which means a few hotels sell a few rooms less than they could. Not sure if that is what they want but I am aware authorities in TH are not anticipatory at all

On 2/18/2017 at 3:37 PM, siam2007 said:

If a hotel does not report you, how would immigration know you have traveled? There would need to be other circumstances for them to pick up on that.

When we travel my wife always checks in, they usually ignore me but if they do ask for ID I use my pink card.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 3:37 PM, siam2007 said:

With a condo or apartment, reporting could be called "your problem" - but a hotel or guesthouse for a 1 or 2 nighter?   Fact is, you don't know whether the hotel or guesthouse reported you, and if they did, you will be caught for not reporting when you return.  If they didn't, you still did the "right thing" by coming in upon your return.  I would keep hotel/guesthouse receipts to show, for this purpose.  If you showed you were doing your part by reporting when you return to your primary residence, I doubt they'd fine you.

With a condo or apartment, reporting could be called "your problem" - but a hotel or guesthouse for a 1 or 2 nighter?   Fact is, you don't know whether the hotel or guesthouse reported you, and if they did, you will be caught for not reporting when you return.  If they didn't, you still did the "right thing" by coming in upon your return.  I would keep hotel/guesthouse receipts to show, for this purpose.  If you showed you were doing your part by reporting when you return to your primary residence, I doubt they'd fine you.

If you have to travel on regular base, this would be not practical. If I return to my primary residence, I possibly should travel each time 100 km to my next immigration office to declare myself?? And why should I do that ?- TM 30 is at least at the time being not my responsibility.
At the time being

1 hour ago, wobalt said:

If you have to travel on regular base, this would be not practical. If I return to my primary residence, I possibly should travel each time 100 km to my next immigration office to declare myself?? And why should I do that ?- TM 30 is at least at the time being not my responsibility.
At the time being

It depends on your local office's requirements.  I can only speak to what they are doing at Jomtien.  As an example, they don't require any TM-30 reporting at Changwattana (yet).