When should I do my TM30 thing at Jomtien?

This TM30 requirement is news to me. I have a retirement extension and I'm usually a long-term stayer but I only got back to Thailand recently after many months away. When in Thailand I always stay at the same house - never change my address.

Advice please. Should I...

(1) Go to Jomtien with a completed TM30 form from my landlord as soon as possible?
(2) Do it at my first 90-day reporting?
(3) Do it when I renew my retirement extension in a fews months' time?

Thanks.

Strange, but good to know.. I had absolutely no clou that it is the falang, that should bring the TM30,

I thought that we falang and renter, was forced to produce the TM28,,, and NOT TM30 which the landlord should take care of, otherwise being fined himself..??

So I am completely wrong here..???

Glegolo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Strange, but good to know.. I had absolutely no clou that it is the falang, that should bring the TM30,

I thought that we falang and renter, was forced to produce the TM28,,, and NOT TM30 which the landlord should take care of, otherwise being fined himself..??

Glegolo

There have been plenty of reports of people being fined for the TM30 not being done but some were fined under the clause that a TM28 is used to do a report for that has a higher fine than not doing a TM30 report.

Just suggesting he do it since it is Jomtien and they have been doing some strange things there.

5 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Glegolo

Depending which I/O you deal with, if you want delays and problems with your extension then wait for your landlord to do it. Either way, you'll still cop the fine along with the landlord. Whichever way people see it, Jomtien NEVER ask for a TM28 and base the fines on failure to lodge the TM30.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been plenty of reports of people being fined for the TM30 not being done but some were fined under the clause that a TM28 is used to do a report for that has a higher fine than not doing a TM30 report.

Just suggesting he do it since it is Jomtien and they have been doing some strange things there.

Thank you Joe for explaning good to know.

Glegolo

9 minutes ago, balo said:

I would just take my chances , never been asked for TM 30 in Jomtien .  If the day comes and they suddenly fine me 1600 baht then let it be. 

I have just done my extension renewal and 90 day report at Jomtien and was not asked for a TM30.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackaygo said:

I have just done my extension renewal and 90 day report at Jomtien and was not asked for a TM30.

Interesting. I assume you mean a retirement extension.

Could I ask: when was the last time you entered Thailand? I ask because if you haven't left Thailand for a long time, maybe they don't bother.

• Like 1

Just now, blackaygo said:

Yes, retirement extension. Entered back again in September 2016.

Thanks. So that's long after the Erewan Shrine bombing in Bangkok. According to another thread it was that incident that kicked off all this TM30 crackdown.

I have a 1 year rental contract in Pattaya which expires in a few months. That is the address immigration right now have for me(retirement extension.) I have recently signed to rent a another place with a new Landlord, but the move in date not yet decided by me. When I do change to the new place I will within 24 hours of my move go to immigration and submit form TM 28. At the same time I will on behalf of my new Landlord submit TM 30 which my new Landlord has completed except for the dates(s) left blank for me to fill in which my move date is known.

I would appreciate if anyone could confirm I am complying correctly with the rules?

Many thanks in advance.

30 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

"have been doing some strange things there" ?

Mind to elaborate a little further ?

I think what I wrote before that line explains part of it.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Charging a 4000 baht fine under clause 37 for not doing a TM30 form under clause 38 that has a max fine of 2000 baht fine is strange.

In the OP's case I assume that this will be the first time he has filed a TM30 with Immigration. However, had he already filed one previously and was also returning to the same address as before, would Jomtien have still required a fresh TM30 from him (or his housemaster)?

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think what I wrote before that line explains part of it.

Charging a 4000 baht fine under clause 37 for not doing a TM30 form under clause 38 that has a max fine of 2000 baht fine is strange.

That all sounds fishy indeed. I will rather hop on a plane to KL again before my 90 days r over until I finally managed to convince my OZ landlord that rules are indeed being ENFORCED nowadays

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

In the OP's case I assume that this will be the first time he has filed a TM30 with Immigration. However, had he already filed one previously and was also returning to the same address as before, would Jomtien have still required a fresh TM30 from him (or his housemaster)?

Jomtien require you report each and every time you are away from your province address for more than a 24hr period and allow you a 24hr period to report on your return. No need to do a new TM30, just report on your original TM30 slip and passport plus the new TM6 card if you have left and re-entered the country. I have now done 2 since November.

• Like 1

Do you know that every time you stay more than 48 hours at a place you need to report it? AND the hotel or wherever ALSO does. That's what immigration told me after I stayed 3 nights in CM on a trip layover. They let it go since I didn't know about it; but obviously the guesthouse in CM reported it as required. The law is total nonsense. It's as bad as commie China. 

1 minute ago, TerrylSky said:

Do you know that every time you stay more than 48 hours at a place you need to report it? AND the hotel or wherever ALSO does. That's what immigration told me after I stayed 3 nights in CM on a trip layover. They let it go since I didn't know about it; but obviously the guesthouse in CM reported it as required. The law is total nonsense. It's as bad as commie China. 

It's a shame in one respect that they never chose to implement it in Europe. Maybe it wouldn't be in the mess it is now with all sorts of oddments causing chaos and nobody knowing who or where they are.  Plenty of time and a good chance for the 'Don' and the US to implement a similar scheme though :smile:

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, glegolo said:

Glegolo

Depends on the circumstances.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned

Section4: “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

I always file my own TM30, don't rely on the landlord.

On 2/17/2017 at 5:28 PM, balo said:

I would just take my chances , never been asked for TM 30 in Jomtien .  If the day comes and they suddenly fine me 1600 baht then let it be. 

Same here.

Also, I have a lot of friends and neighbours who use Jomtien Immigration - but I've never heard of anyone being asked for a TM30. Nor have I heard of anyone being fined.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Same here.

Also, I have a lot of friends and neighbours who use Jomtien Immigration - but I've never heard of anyone being asked for a TM30. Nor have I heard of anyone being fined.

Anyone know about  Sakon Nakhon Immigration office as far as tm28 and tm30 goes? Have they got any rules of there own that l should know about?

Edited by ellathai

Jomtien require you report each and every time you are away from your province address for more than a 24hr period and allow you a 24hr period to report on your return. No need to do a new TM30, just report on your original TM30 slip and passport plus the new TM6 card if you have left and re-entered the country. I have now done 2 since November.

And when you leave during the 24 h grace period again....? I am wondering that you have done two TM 30, but have been fined for not doing a TM28...alternative facts??

8 hours ago, dentonian said:

Depends on the circumstances.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned

Section4: “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

I always file my own TM30, don't rely on the landlord.

Thank you, great,,,, will do the same in case of need.

Glegolo