Pattaya beer bar attack: woman denied bail as police say call us if there's trouble with drunk tourists

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Just get out of it! I am entitled to my opinion. Same goes for you. As for telling me what to do, just buzz into the darkness you came from.

read the next post knuckle dragger, its from someone that was actually there, try telling her they deserved to get assaulted. THEY PAID THE BILL

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

The Get Real poster  always does that.he probably gets paid a commission for all his sane baiting posts here with the only purpose of making the thread longer.His strategy is always blame the farang and or the victim.very predictable 

Just check his posts they all rotten.

Yes - we've "crossed swords" before! Bit of a troll, actually - surprised it hasn't been picked up on before now!

31 minutes ago, maryell said:

Let me put this straight to all of you. I am now known as 'the woman in the white dress'. We had 1 drink only in that bar as I cheked the bin as soon as it was put on the table. She charged us 350bht for a vodka and tonic .For a drink in an ordinary street bar that is outrageous. Our other drinks were also well overpriced. We had words with her over the bill, PAID IT IN FULL and went to leave. She then produced another pot with a bin in it( not the pot on our table) and wanted more money. We refused to pay more as seeing her prices on the 1st bin there wasn't any way we would order more. She lost it when I said I wanted tourist police at the bar. The 711 story is a load of nonsense. The only comment made about anything like that was I live here I know what things cost. To charge 70bht in a small bar for a coke or tonic is well out of order. As if anyone with half a brain expects to pay convenience store price in a joke. We are happy with the help we are getting from the Thai police. My partner didn't even want to report it. It was me that made him go there. This crazy behaviour cannot be allowed in Thailand. I have many Thai friends and they are disgusted by this incident. She needed reporting, as I wouldn't like to see her get away with it again. Next time, it could leave someone with a permanent injury or worse. For those people who have given us your support we want to say 'thank you'.

Are those that insulted this lady's husband going to apologise? 

Edited by LandOfWiles

53 minutes ago, Get Real said:

You´re entitled to you opinion. Mine stay formly attached to the ground. You just don´t go out drinking beer in a beer, and get beaten in the head with a shoe out of no reason at all.
If you want to believe that, it entirely up to you. The part of getting upset is also totally up to you. I you can´t read a comment and control you senses, I just cant help you with that.
Just take a cold one and chill out!

One of your previous posts state that "You have your opinion, and nothing will change that", and many others infer the same thing.

Nobody is trying to change your opinion, but as you say yourself, people are entitled to their opinions, and therefore do not need to be lectured by you on how to "control their senses" , or "take a cold one and chill out". Also you  contradict yourself by saying "You're entitled to you (your?) opinion. Mine stay formly (firmly?)  attached to the ground."

In at least one previous post you are actually insulting the poster i.e. "Just get out of it! I am entitled to my opinion. Same goes for you. As for telling me what to do, just buzz into the darkness you came from".  

I gave my reasons for thinking that the bar girl/owner was out of order for doing what she did, and in your opinion you think that it was acceptable behaviour, but obviously  the police didn't, and several people on here didn't

The obvious conclusion to this would appear to be that you should realise that you are the one out of step here, not everybody else. But of course that is not just my opinion but that of several other people, (to which,they are entitled, yes?) but of course, nothing is going to change your opinion. Just try to present it in a more logical way without the insults and arrogance that seem to be inherent in most if not all of your replies.

Edited by sambum
Additional text

46 minutes ago, sambum said:

Yes - we've "crossed swords" before! Bit of a troll, actually - surprised it hasn't been picked up on before now!

I have had my times with him as well just not say what I think of him .

Edited by georgemandm
Add on

39 minutes ago, maryell said:

Let me put this straight to all of you. I am now known as 'the woman in the white dress'. We had 1 drink only in that bar as I cheked the bin as soon as it was put on the table. She charged us 350bht for a vodka and tonic .For a drink in an ordinary street bar that is outrageous. Our other drinks were also well overpriced. We had words with her over the bill, PAID IT IN FULL and went to leave. She then produced another pot with a bin in it( not the pot on our table) and wanted more money. We refused to pay more as seeing her prices on the 1st bin there wasn't any way we would order more. She lost it when I said I wanted tourist police at the bar. The 711 story is a load of nonsense. The only comment made about anything like that was I live here I know what things cost. To charge 70bht in a small bar for a coke or tonic is well out of order. As if anyone with half a brain expects to pay convenience store price in a joke. We are happy with the help we are getting from the Thai police. My partner didn't even want to report it. It was me that made him go there. This crazy behaviour cannot be allowed in Thailand. I have many Thai friends and they are disgusted by this incident. She needed reporting, as I wouldn't like to see her get away with it again. Next time, it could leave someone with a permanent injury or worse. For those people who have given us your support we want to say 'thank you'.

I know how it went down from the start before you made your statement I was behind you 100% but if you start to run a very bad thai lady down on here all the tolls  get it to you , like get real and deepinthailand one  more who run you down and your partner , they call it thai  bashing , bs we were trying to have our say .

hop it works out for you both and great you reported that no good lady .

i have a thai partner and I have lots of thai friends I know , but in all countries all over the world we  have good and bad people .

I am having a say , I am not thai bashing.

Get real needs receive a ban for always placing baiting distorted annoying posts here.example :a guy walking crosses a greenlight zebra crossing road .minivan driver on the phone rides a red-light with high speed so the pedestrian is killed... now Get real will spin this news item into it being  the pedestrian his own fault??why do we need debate with idiots?

Can we concentrate on the topic please not other posters.

We know who the trolls are and some have already gone on holiday today,  please use the report button and we will take care of inflammatory posts that break the forum rules, but please remember we can not sit on a topic 24 hours a day so need your help to report them and not answer them which makes the problem worse. Thank you.  :smile:

Very good of you to put the record straight and I hope it all goes well for you and your husband.

I very much doubt whether your credible explanation will have much effect on the pedantic bickering going on here though [emoji50]

About a year ago there was a story in Bangkok about a guy who refused to pay his bill and was roughed up by bouncers.  Waitress said the guy refused to pay because he could get drinks cheaper at 7-11, exact same as this story.  Leads me to believe this is a common bs version of events that waitresses will spew when a customer refuses to pay a padded bill.  No proof of course.  I just like speculating. Lol

14 hours ago, nev said:

Looks like a case of bill padding gone wrong, I don't believe the tourist said anything about cheaper beer in a convenience store just made a made up story to justify the attack.

Better to check every chit that is put in your bin, if you find the price is excessive for the first round pay and move on.

I second that as every English man and his dog know that a bar charges the top price for a drink, that's why over 15.000 pubs have closed in the last couple of years here, go to Tesco or any supermarket and bingo, then take it home put on the big screen and no driving and no silly soaps

Last time in the evil city alcohol prices where ok but coffee at £3.00 a bit much and padding, not only on the women but also the drinks bill oh to be a farang

4 hours ago, maryell said:

Glad to hear more details about what actually happened. By Thai Law the bar owner is required to have CCTV in her bar. This law was implemented about 5 years all over the kingdom and it was big news at the time as most businesses had to do it. I had to, and from time to time the police come by requesting footage facing the street for investigations. 

I am sure this is one of the first things the police asked for after going to the bar. So I don't think the police were finding her credible without it. 

You are lucky though as someone filmed the attack, without it would have just turned into another report filed at the police station with no further action. Glad to the see the press going to the bar immediately after, that helps also.

The thai lady was screaming in thai that your husband did not pay the bill as he was leaving, seems the other thai's in that area (there were many) were not going to help what so ever. To me this says this is a regular occurrence for this bar. 

12 hours ago, maryell said:

i thought this would be the case 100% if you see any of my posts about this you will see i said it would of been about the old rat jacking up your bill. i knew the 7/11 thing was a crock of sh@t put forward by the rat as her excuse. ive read a lot of what people have said about you and your friend and i thought why are people here not reading more into what the true story would of been instead of taking the rat side and giving you 2 a hard time. may be an idea not to drink in those down market sh@t holes anymore,i never do. good luck,

Outstanding. Even if the dude was a drunken bum it's not OK to smash him in the face

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

And probably as usually shouting this is Thailand, this is my country to scare them even more while going of her nut

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bandito said:

In my opinion, it did justify the attack.

Try not to pay your bar bill in any country in the world and see what happens.:post-4641-1156694005:

Read what the lady in the  White dress said the bill was paid ,  but the bad thai mole wanted them to pay some bs bill .

if you have no idea about what happened then not open your mouth.

sure beer is cheaper in the convenience stores and no one is forcing people to go to bars for a beer. it is their choice and if so you must pay the bar prices.

Do you really believe this fairy story. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't utter such nonsense given that this senior gent would surely 'after all these years' took onboard bars are more expensive than any convenience store.

And by looking at his bevied state looks like he's been in a few pubs in his life - before this mishap. To me this bar owner didn't like any Farangs to argue about being ripped off as we Numpties usually just smile and take this Shiite as the norm. It's disgusting and just demeans tourists as easy prey but it'll never be stopped being a perk for greedy heartless parasites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 18/02/2017 at 9:00 AM, sahibji said:

sure beer is cheaper in the convenience stores and no one is forcing people to go to bars for a beer. it is their choice and if so you must pay the bar prices.

For Gods sake, stop believing the 7/11 quip. It was never mentioned. She robbed us, we paid the extortunate bill, she then produced a further bill for an imaginary beer. We refused to pay anymore money for something we had not consumed, tried to leave and she went ballistic with said shoe

A post has been removed, now we have the correct story from the people involved, further inflammatory posts bad mouthing the couple will be removed without notice and I will warn and could suspended that poster depending on what troll comment was made

Yes, last time I was there in 2012, there were plenty of bars with damn near 711 prices plainly listed on the wall...especially, one or two roads away from the beach.  Wouldn't surprise me if it is now better prices than CM, where most of the three for XX promos, that were less than 711, have vanished.  I learned decades ago that any place that is worth patronizing does not make prices a secret and there will always be a menu, with prices on the maitre de's podium.  I would say at best case the couple let their guards down and should have known better.  You go drinking in DC or San Fran without knowing the price...could cost more than 10 per drink.  Two miller lites were 13.50 at the NYC Marriott.... 28 years ago.  Might have even been the same lady...and the Russian slopfia is doing 500 dollar bottles of four dollar wine at Miami Beach.

Let me add that places where people are getting extorted by the mob, their landlord, and or the police will often be in very bad moods and the costs get passes on to the customer.  But, of course, there is none of that in pattaya.  The World just isn't as honest as before the GFC....used to be able to drink for free all day in Vegas with 20 us or less in your pocket....gone with the wind.

On 2/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, Get Real said:

Now the tactic seemd to be at resoring the face in the eyes of the tourists. Better the tourists think about the bars generally charges more for beer and drinks than a 7/11 shop. Just another maniac.
And yes, it justifies the attack. Enough of these people can even make me irritated just sitting in a bar drinking and hearing them complaining with their galactically stupid reasons.

$5 bottle water in bkk agogo same @ 7-11 cost 20 baht.   Guy does have a point............................lol.       Me personally  wouldnt try to point this out to bar owners or bouncers.......................