British man found dead inside Pattaya home

rooster59

British man found dead inside Pattaya home

5078.jpg

Image: Siam Chon News

A British man was found dead inside his house in Banglamung district on Friday afternoon.

The 70 year old man named by police as Mr Brian David Way was found lying face up in the bathroom.

Concerned neighbours said they had not seen Mr Way for four days and raised the alarm when they ntoiced an unpleasant smell coming from the house.

Neighbours said how Mr Way had lived at the property with his Thai wife but had most recently been living alone.

After searching the property, police found a selection of different medication but nothing unusual and no sign of a struggle or forced entry.

They put Mr Way's death down to old age and an underlying medical condition.

His body has been sent to Banglamung Hospital to establish an official cause of death.

Source: Siam Chon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-18

5 minutes ago, ffaarraanngg said:

70 is old. 

In Thailand it is not unusual for Thai people to die of age related diseases in their 70's or even earlier.  This is one thing that really upsets the young Thai women who grab themselves and "older" Farang.  It is their perception that their "husbands" will only last a relatively short time and then they will be free and rich.  My wife was really p*ssed off when she discovered that I may live well into my nineties and maybe even longer.   Given that, I think I have a better chance of survival outside of Thailand where unexplained deaths are less common.

40 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Well at 70 it is an unexplained death and therefore there should be an autopsy to establish the cause of death.  Still that would involve work and in Thailand the result will never come out so...case closed.

Not exactly..."His body has been sent to Banglamung Hospital to establish an official cause of death."

I do not think that 70 is OLD.   I am 76 and I am still active and aiming for 100.  My Thai wife firmly believes I will make it and is hoping that I will outlive her (unlikely) as she does not want to be left on her own, even though she will be well taken care of when I am gone.

Of course, in the West wives normally outlive their husbands by a few years.  When one guy was asked why he thought men generally died before their wives, he replied "because they want to".  :sleep:

23 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

In Thailand it is not unusual for Thai people to die of age related diseases in their 70's or even earlier.  This is one thing that really upsets the young Thai women who grab themselves and "older" Farang.  It is their perception that their "husbands" will only last a relatively short time and then they will be free and rich.  My wife was really p*ssed off when she discovered that I may live well into my nineties and maybe even longer.   Given that, I think I have a better chance of survival outside of Thailand where unexplained deaths are less common.

23 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Your "wife" was really pushed off !! Dear God that's not a wife, that's an inheritance seeking gold digger, and you should pave pissed her even more by showing her the door. 

40 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Your "wife" was really pushed off !! Dear God that's not a wife, that's an inheritance seeking gold digger, and you should pave pissed her even more by showing her the door. 

It's called irony.  Unlike the gold diggers you refer to my wife has been the opposite.  Never asked for a penny and when I was having financial difficulties her family transferred money to me in a heartbeat.  We live in the UK now so that our son has a proper education.  Wasn't her choice to come here but as a family commitment she did it anyway.  It is because our relationship is so strong (16 years and counting) that I can call upon ironic comments.  However I do realise that I am very lucky and there are many who are not so fortunate.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Be careful of what you eat and crossing the roads. :giggle:

RIP to the oil guy, dying alone,   not the best exit

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

In ALL the world it is not unusual for people to die of age related diseases in their 70's or even earlier.

Biologically speaking Thais aren't a different species, natural life expectancy will be similar for a Westerner/Thai human who has made it to said age. 

Figures are swayed by higher child mortaity rates, 
http://www.infoplease.com/world/statistics/life-expectancy-country.html

In Patts many of these men drop like flies due to drinking like Georgie Best whilst have the diet of Bernard Manning.

I'd sooner drop off at 70 after a few years of running round after slim younger women and partying then living until 90 in an old peoples home.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

3 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

I'd sooner drop off at 70 after a few years of running round after slim younger women and partying then living until 90 in an old peoples home.

Obviously you haven't seen the young nurses in the old peoples homes!

I haven't reached 70 yet but as it on the horizon in a couple of years time I am aware of it's approach.  Thing is I still do pretty much everything I used to do when I was 40 and all of the people I know who are north of seventy do the same.  I always said that I didn't want to live beyond fifty as I felt that was the age when everything started getting boring and the body starts to malfunction.  Then I said sixty but that didn't seem to slow me down at all.  If I die when I reach seventy I will be really cheesed off.  Once my son has gone off to university I intend to move back to warmer waters and buy a boat to explore.

I may end up in an old peoples home when I reach 90, who knows?  But in the meantime I intend to enjoy everything that life throws at me.  I did watch "The Real Marigold Hotel" the other day which looked at a few celebs who went off to look at India as a possible place to move to.  89 year old Miriam Stoppard and 90 year old Lionel Blair are seriously looking at buying second homes there and will spend half the year in England and the other half in Cochin.  Don't think they are planning an old peoples home any time in he future.

Literally everytime the falang is found dead, the Thai wife or Girl friend recently left or separated, or there was a fight, etc.  Many times the situations really were suspect.  Other times, I guess the separation stress is too much?  I recall in some social and psychology articles that the three biggest Stress events for people are: 1:  breakup or divorce, 2:  job loss, 3: home loss or having to move.

15 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Be careful of what you eat and crossing the roads. :giggle:

RIP to the oil guy, dying alone,   not the best exit

True, and last memory being a bad smell, i am not trying to be funny but it's not the way most of us would not like to be remembered by, For all that, rest in peace, and as others have said, hope you had an enjoyable innings!