Pitchfork

MrBrad

Has anyone seen a place that sells pitchforks here in Thailand, and specifically in Chiang Mai?  I know they're good for uprisings, but they're also very good for jobs around the yard.  My Thai neighbor says he'd never seen one.

Thanks much.

pitchfork.jpg

How many do you want ?. I live in a  dairy farming area , and most  farm shops sell this type a of fork , used mainly  for handling muck,  I have one .not over good quality  ,I snapped off one of the tines .

You are in CM  Google dairy co -op  Chaing  Mie , they will have one  or a farm shop near by ราน้การเกษตร  in Thai . 

A mystery to me why they don't use them in Thailand, although a good quality fork is expensive. I showed my sil how easy it is to load and unload hay using one,  he refused to be impressed and left it leaning against the wall, preferring to use a stick.

Similar deal when clearing up Bougainvillea prunings and the like: done in 15 minutes, they take all day.

However a guy in the village saw me using a fork and I saw him using one he'd made himself, welded reinforcing rods together on to a steel tube.

There is a difference between pitch forks, manure forks and compost forks (there are also potato and stone forks).

11 hours ago, cooked said:

A mystery to me why they don't use them in Thailand, although a good quality fork is expensive. I showed my sil how easy it is to load and unload hay using one,  he refused to be impressed and left it leaning against the wall, preferring to use a stick.

Similar deal when clearing up Bougainvillea prunings and the like: done in 15 minutes, they take all day.

However a guy in the village saw me using a fork and I saw him using one he'd made himself, welded reinforcing rods together on to a steel tube.

There is a difference between pitch forks, manure forks and compost forks (there are also potato and stone forks).

You are quite right, a pitch fork ,has 2 tines, used to pitch bales on to a trailer in the field ,or in to the barn from a trailer ,I use to use one regularly  when I was working on the farm ,the one the op posted  I would class  as a manure fork .

We use to have potato fork 's  about 18 inch's wide , with about 10 tines ,so the spuds did fall though ,with small balls  on the front ,so tines did not skewer the potatoes , use to use them  for sugar  beet to ,  probably some on Google if you look.

Around here when handling bales ,they use  hooks , with wooden handles , same ones that are used when handling sacks  of rice.

Archived