Chaos, confusion, confrontation and conning...Pattaya Immigration

Surprised about immigration insisting on the Landlord having to attend. On their own website (If you correctly call it that) it states that the person submitting the TM30 can supply the Landlords details, providing that they also have a completed signed and witnessed "Power Of Attourney"

Chiang Mai certainly accepts this, of course providing you also submit the 1600 Baht fine. Maybe it is another scheme where they simply want the money? How many landlords are going to be able to jump up and get to immigration within 24 hours of a tenant arriving in Thailand?

Crazy!

12 hours ago, mngmn said:

Are you saying that they require the LANDLORD to notify each and every entry of their tenants into Thailand BUT they are fining the TENANTS if the landlord fails to do so?

Exactly !   They do the same in Chiangmai.

The fine applies to landlord but the tenants as to pay to get his extension....

With modern computer system available it border on ridiculous....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

" Tenants CANNOT do so "

why? The tenant has the most time on their hands to do this.

I travel  throughout Asia and  I have never seen these kinds of ridiculous standards in any other country:bah:

Not only that, the tenant can be considered the "possessor" (read the regulation) and so on the hook for the TM30 reporting...   'Even someone on a plain vanilla tourist visa if staying in a condo and the condo management isn't doing the reporting.

It IS absurd, but TIT.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

" Tenants CANNOT do so "

why? The tenant has the most time on their hands to do this.

I travel  throughout Asia and  I have never seen these kinds of ridiculous standards in any other country:bah:

you have probably never been to another country that has so much tax evasion, especially in the hotel industry. You cannot blame the country for trying to do something about it.

These sort of problems always seem to happen in Pattaya. But probably there is nowhere else in Thailand, where all the hotels, resorts and other accommodations cheat the tax Department. Crime and cheating in Pattaya seems to be a way of life

12 hours ago, onemorechang said:

I have always believed i was never a welcome guest in Thailand.

Maybe i was right all along. :jap:

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory thought or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me"). 

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Slightly misleading I think. You do not distinguish between tourists and people living here permantly. I have lived in Pattaya 16 years, always owned my own property and had the same address for 15 of those years (changed it this year for the first time). I have travelled to my home country on many occasions, have been on hundreds of week long holidays around Thailand.....and never filled out any form to tell anybody of my movements?

As it stands, the Law certainly doesn't differentiate between Tourists and people living here permanently. Every single foreign national entering Thailand needs to be reported or report within 24 hrs of arriving at there accommodation or place of abode. I agree, a Tourist not needing to deal with an immigration office is highly unlikely to be caught for failing the report BUT there is absolutely no doubt that if you want to take it to the letter of the law, you yourself and anybody that is failing to be reported or report is most definitely in the country illegally should push come to shove. That is why the fines are being applied.

14 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

I travel  throughout Asia and  I have never seen these kinds of ridiculous standards in any other country

you see? the old saying "same same but different"

2 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

I come and go as I like, no re-entry permits, no 90 day reporting, no BS fines.  Why can't Thailand do this ....?

the Phillies - not afraid of anybody anymore - already have their full load of terrorists, international gangsters etc., Thailand still tries to keep them out of the country or under control (= bestowe them with higher positions...)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, abab said:

Just be invisible, do a visa run every 3 months, and you will be find, nobody will never ask you anything !

How do you propose to do that without using an extension at an immigration office or obtaining Non O etc ?

Edited by Lovethailandelite

1 hour ago, gamini said:

you have probably never been to another country that has so much tax evasion, especially in the hotel industry. You cannot blame the country for trying to do something about it.

So then thai locale travelers who stay in hotels should need to report also to immigration if what u saying its a tax issue..seems more like an hassle issue.

25 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes so then its not a tax issue..

Only the need for a Thai not to report themselves on a TM30. Pattaya is under investigation for non licenced hotels and guest houses so it's understandable they now require the owners of these places to attend immigration for the first registration be the landlord  Thai or Foreign. The real reason for the need is a security issue with them needing to know who is and who isn't staying where they say they are. The TM6 has proved not fit for purpose for that issue. Far too many people just writing anything down and no proof needed. The TM30 needs more or less concrete evidence of you staying where you say you are before you can register it. It appears the TM28 is no longer being used at Jomtien anymore, only the TM30 being used for both purposes.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

This is the very first time I have heard of someone being fined at Jomtien for failing to submit a TM30. Personally, I have visited Jomtien Immigration 7 times in the past 12 months (3x 90 day reports, 2x re-entry permits, 1x extension of stay, 1x transfer of visa etc. into new passport) and was never asked for TM30. A neighbour who was worried (after reading Thaivisa Forum , tried to submit a TM30 at Jomtien and had it handed back to him with a big smile ( Mai Ow).

I am not disputing the verity of your post - but - was this an "official" fine, or (as you called it) a "donation"?

Did my latest 90day rapport 20 feb.Nothing asked ,never done Tm30 never asked 8 years here living condo  .last ret.ext only copy contract & bank letter ,passport ,application. form,this so for 3 ret.ext.This always Jomtien imm.

Edited by david555

I am at a total loss to understand why there is a requirement to notify your local IO within 24hrs that you've arrived/returned to an address in Thailand using Form 28/30.

I say this because at present I have the Departure part of Form TM6 stapled to the inside of my passport since 24/7/2014, when I returned from Amsterdam to my intended destination Thai address. On arrival at Swampy Immigration the Arrival part of Form TM6 containing this address was detached and retained by the IO.

I would like to believe that someone in the Immigration Office actually enters the address on a national computer system. Maybe this is just wishful misguided thinking on my part.

I just finished doing my visa extension, 2000 baht or 75 dollars later, I will never come

to this country again without a visa that lasts my whole time here. The government 

slowness was frustrating. If the Canadian office haad given my a 90 day visa, I would

be much happier. Too bad that Thailand will not modernize.

Geeze4

Yes, this law Is being enforced in Jomtien and a few other locations. Yes, if you leave the country or your residence for any amount of time ( I was told my Bangkok long weekend would not matter) you have to do the 24 hr reporting again, bringing the " receipt of Notification" that is stapled in your passport with you ! Yes, they are fining people, a young couple waiting told me that they hadn't done the 24 h notification and hat they had to pay a hefty fine ! Other people have been fined. It's very strict now and I don't think there's anything you can do about it. There are notices up on the walls and doors, and it's on the list at the information counter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Munotlaw said:

Seems a little odd that people using an agent to apply for their visas, don't have to worry about this issue. Normal folks, using the proper way, get harassed. 

Munotlaw 

Yes.  Isn't that odd?   Hmmm.

17 hours ago, mngmn said:

Are you saying that they require the LANDLORD to notify each and every entry of their tenants into Thailand BUT they are fining the TENANTS if the landlord fails to do so?

Probably, This is Thailand.

15 hours ago, onemorechang said:

I have always believed i was never a welcome guest in Thailand.

Maybe i was right all along. :jap:

We were never guests in this country, yet there are so many deluded Thaivisa members who actually think we are. :crazy:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I just finished doing my visa extension, 2000 baht or 75 dollars later, I will never come

to this country again without a visa that lasts my whole time here. The government 

slowness was frustrating. If the Canadian office haad given my a 90 day visa, I would

be much happier. Too bad that Thailand will not modernize.

Geeze4

"Too bad that Thailand will not modernize".  I hope you are not in inferring that Thailand is a third world country.:shock1:

A backward country definitely, but not third world.

• Like 1

The TM6 has proved not fit for purpose for that issue. Far too many people just writing anything down and no proof needed.

How do you know that, any evidence? The TM30, which should be done by the corresponding business owners, is more ..."fit"?? Obviously not in Jomtien , otherwise they would not need the help from temporary staying aliens.

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I heard that Udon immigration were asking extension applicants and 90-day reporters to get the landlord to fill in the TM30 but most can self-file (or get their partner to file) as 'possessor' of the residence albeit a tenant or temporary visitor. 

News to me and those living in Udon province. No reports of tm30 required AFIK, personal experience of being told not needed.