Filthy dirty stinking rubbish just yards from Pattaya city hall - it's a disgrace say residents

webfact

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On March 1, 2560 BE at 3:04 PM, Philthyphil said:

But this one would have to be the tour buses favorite. The buses usually stop at the lights here and get a nice welcome to Pattaya. 

Opposite Outlet mall. Sukhumvit d Kao Talo.

the hotel in the background has ocean climpses but a great view of the "park"

image.jpeg

IMG_5842.MOV

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well, after four years of inaction, and three weeks of posting on social media it looks like something in being done.

sukhumvit-kaotalo was cleaned up this week.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If they haven't fenced the area off   the fly tippers have most likely already started again..its really is disgusting that people who (mostly)

claim to be so proud of their country treat every vacant or not fenced off piece of land as a rubbish dump..without repercussion

but are quick to lock up a tourist for "feeding the fish"   :bah:

6 minutes ago, johng said:

If they haven't fenced the area off   the fly tippers have most likely already started again..its really is disgusting that people who (mostly)

claim to be so proud of their country treat every vacant or not fenced off piece of land as a rubbish dump..without repercussion

but are quick to lock up a tourist for "feeding the fish"   :bah:

Not yet, as there are still people there clearing it.

But next week, probably. 

Some parts of Thailand are clean. I think it depends on the testabaan to be honest. Pattaya was always dirty, but since the new administration took over last year, it really has become filthy, even directly behind their offices at City Hall.

Edited by Philthyphil
Grammar

7 hours ago, johng said:

Yes those holes have been there for years  I think they are owned by the failed "highest condo in Thailand" project

14713759_1274508615927390_151515003019764613_n.png.b7e73a8c022c201238349b500e2ba6b2.png14729164_1274508752594043_2828974185690376472_n.png.959a05465d580eacdc0355f1ff89ca95.png14720573_1274508959260689_5373704834681884998_n.jpg.e1abfd6720faf3549467a96bc77ae56e.jpg14670795_1274509182594000_6122401775228514082_n.png.2954371eed699fce2b5e30e181478995.png

You photos of the holes look better than mine. I see they used to have grass and even a safety stick.

if we are waiting for the Ocean1 tower to be built before the holes are fixed we will be waiting forever. But I see the developer is still doing fine in his luxury house and still cruising Pattaya in the latest and greatest luxury vehicles. 

Shameless.

Not yet, as there are still people there clearing it.
But next week, probably. 

Some parts of Thailand are clean. I think it depends on the testabaan to be honest. Pattaya was always dirty, but since the new administration took over last year, it really has become filthy, even directly behind their offices at City Hall.

Pattaya City Hall is too busy concerning itself with what naughty adults are up to. Hanky-panky, bridge-playing ... you know, all the really bad stuff.

In north pattaya today.

i took a short cut behind the new Pattaya Posh condo block which is also the Soi behind the bus terminal.

i was thinking to myself, if I was posh, rI don't think I would like this view much.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Philthyphil
Forgot

• 2 weeks later...

If you come to Pattaya by road you see piles of stinking rotting burning rubbish.

If you come by boat, you travel through raw sewerage.

If you come by train you don't miss out either.

Welcome to Pattaya, this is Pattaya Train Station. 

The position of the way this rubbish has been dumped I suspect the railway staff actually dumped it. Passengers don't carry big piles of garbage on the train with them.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thailand's plastic dependency deepens. I was looking through the latest Tops shopping supplement that covers the Songkran holiday and no less than 16 special offers reward the shopper with some form of plastic, from 'handy' water bottles, 'snappy' laundry baskets, 'summer' picnic bags to various gaudy, small plastic containers only good for storing more plastic crap... before being thrown away. The companies that market their products with these useless plastic giveaways need to seriously consider their contribution to the sea of plastic rubbish.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thailand's plastic dependency deepens. I was looking through the latest Tops shopping supplement that covers the Songkran holiday and no less than 16 special offers reward the shopper with some form of plastic, from 'handy' water bottles, 'snappy' laundry baskets, 'summer' picnic bags to various gaudy, small plastic containers only good for storing more plastic crap... before being thrown away. The companies that market their products with these useless plastic giveaways need to seriously consider their contribution to the sea of plastic rubbish.

It's not easy though, environment/new benz, environment/new benz ?

decisions, decisions, decisions.