Thai Cable Tv

Ayutthaya

Hi!

I wonder if there are any other cable TV companies here than UBC? So I can get a few international sportchannels and maybe some movie channel with english sound instead of Thai dubbed western movies?

I guess UBC is ok but you need at least the Gold package to get the good movie and sport channel. And the gold package is 1500 B/month

Just asking. I live in Ayutthaya 70km north of Bangkok so maybe here aren't to many options but it would be nice to know if there are any other cable TV companies.

/Martin

Hi!

I wonder if there are any other cable TV companies here than UBC? So I can get a few international sportchannels and maybe some movie channel with english sound instead of Thai dubbed western movies?

I guess UBC is ok but you need at least the Gold package to get the good movie and sport channel. And the gold package is 1500 B/month

Just asking. I live in Ayutthaya 70km north of Bangkok so maybe here aren't to many options but it would be nice to know if there are any other cable TV companies.

/Martin

UBC doesn't even have Fox News.

What a waste of a TV Network! :o

I dont know about your area but in phitsonuluk we have mss cable tv about 350 baht a month, fox news some sports channels a decent english movie playing channel, loads of thai channels some music channels the usual discovery channels and a aussie channel. Dont know if this helps!! :o

I dont know about your area but in phitsonuluk we have mss cable tv about 350 baht a month, fox news some sports channels a decent english movie playing channel, loads of thai channels some music channels the usual discovery channels and a aussie channel. Dont know if this helps!!

In Khon Kaen we have KTV for 350 baht - It has Fox news(rubbish unless you're interested in USA), CNN(not much better) and BBC(excellent).

60 channels in total - Supersport ESPN about 6 movie channels, discovery, National geographic, French/Chinese/Australian MTV, Channel V, etc etc.

UBC - a waste of money.

Edited by Neeranam

Yeah I agree UBC is a waste, I ve never had it but after looking at all my options I choose to go with kctv which is Cable in Korat. It has all of the English premiership and champions league football and thats pretty much all I watch over here, there are a few English speaking channels and a few news and movie channels and its only around 300baht per month

Yeah I agree UBC is a waste, I ve never had it but after looking at all my options I choose to go with kctv which is Cable in Korat. It has all of the English premiership and champions league football and thats pretty much all I watch over here, there are a few English speaking channels and a few news and movie channels and its only around 300baht per month

Thats interesting. Im in Korat also. please tell me more. Do they have anything else other than football?

I have UBC now. It's ok but for 1500 I should get more.

What a waste of a TV Network! :D

Having O'Reilly Factor withdrawals, are you? :D

I find Fox News to be entertaining as heck and it also provides a much needed alternative to the liberal point of view adopted by most news channels. However, the main thing that I like about it is it's interesting on some level most of the time. I can watch it for hours.

CNN pretty much sucks and the International version of the BBC is boring as he11 other than Hard Talk and its documentaries which I quite like. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I stayed in a hotel once which had Fox News, watched it a couple of times and found it hilarious! I would only watch it at home if I wanted a laugh, or to be astonished at how some people actually take it seriously.

The worst thing about UBC is the censorship. Absolutely ruins some movies by cutting out whole scenes or sections of dialogue because of a couple of swear words...

I stayed in a hotel once which had Fox News, watched it a couple of times and found it hilarious! I would only watch it at home if I wanted a laugh, or to be astonished at how some people actually take it seriously.

So I've heard many times.

The funny thing is that most of the people who claim it is so terrible have never watched it at all or are - IMHO - psuedo-intellectual lemmings who believe and repeat everything they hear from other psuedo-intellectual lemmings.

Anyway, to each his own. :D

Thats interesting. Im in Korat also. please tell me more. Do they have anything else other than football?

I have UBC now. It's ok but for 1500 I should get more.

Theres not loads of English speaking channels but ive got a list of what they do have.

Real Madrid TV, which changes to the football when its on

Disney channel

BBC World

Australia Network

Zone Reality

Fashion TV

DW Tv, I think its a german channel but at the moment its in English

Bloomberg

Boomerang, cartoons

Now TV, not sure what this is, in the listings its supposed to be the discovery channel but ive yet to see that.

Thats pretty much it overal theres 61 channels mostly Thai, there are a few thai music channels like mtv that play both asian and western music. Theres also a few movie channels that sometimes have english speaking movies, again nothing ive been interested in watching. For me its perfect because Ill i watch is the football and then during the day i might have a music channel on in the background but i guess it depends how much you watch tv. I think the deal the have at the moment is you can pay 3,600 baht for the whole year.

Most, if not all, of those little cable companies for 300 baht a month are illegal, I believe.

However, if I had a choice - 1500 for UBC or 350 for SomeTV, what would I choose? Let me think about it.

I still don't get it.

Where's the catch???

Dynasat, oth, receives free to air channels, right? No ESPN but South African sports, right?

Thanks for your answer. Both KTV and MSS sounds good. But I can´t find any website about them. Do you have a webpage, e-mail or phonenumber so I can contact them to ask if I can get it here in Ayutthaya?

Martin

There are approximately 300 local cable companies in Thailand, with each one for a particular town or area. The ones you mentioned won't be available in Ayuthaya, but I'm sure Ayuthaya would have its own. Check with Thai neighbors in your area and they should be able to direct you to the office. The cable companies typically charge around B350 (for Sriracha, we have PTV which charges B250 if you pre-pay 6 months). As is common, we have around 50-60 channels (it varies) including the usual line-up like Fox News (which I've deleted from the channel selection for obvious reasons), BBC, Channel News Asia, movie channels, music channels, etc. Normally get movies long before they show up on HBO or Cinemax and quite often are the ones running concurrently in the cinema or have just been through within the past few weeks. The channel lineups vary often as new channels come and old channels disappear, eg. we've just started getting Aljazeera News, which is proving to be quite interesting. Perhaps if Ulysses is lucky, they'll start broadcasting it up there as well.

*edit*

oh, I almost forgot to mention. A week after UBC dropped MTV, our cable provider picked it up and is providing it with their lineup. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I thought the timing was spectacularly in-your-face on our cable provider PTV's part.

Edited by sriracha john

Thanks for your answer. Both KTV and MSS sounds good. But I can´t find any website about them. Do you have a webpage, e-mail or phonenumber so I can contact them to ask if I can get it here in Ayutthaya?

Martin

There are approximately 300 local cable companies in Thailand, with each one for a particular town or area. The ones you mentioned won't be available in Ayuthaya, but I'm sure Ayuthaya would have its own.

I think you're right...Yesterday I saw a minivan. on the sides of the van it said "ATV" (Proboably ayutthaya TV) and then some commersial about some channels like star movies and star sports too. So I got the number and will call them today.

Thanks for all replies

/Martin

Martin

There are approximately 300 local cable companies in Thailand, with each one for a particular town or area. The ones you mentioned won't be available in Ayuthaya, but I'm sure Ayuthaya would have its own.

I think you're right...Yesterday I saw a minivan. on the sides of the van it said "ATV" (Proboably ayutthaya TV) and then some commersial about some channels like star movies and star sports too. So I got the number and will call them today.

Thanks for all replies

/Martin

mai pen rai... always glad to help people find reasonable pricing... for which, IMHO, UBC fails to meet. Good luck to you and enjoy.