Obama denies Trump claim he wiretapped him during campaign

rooster59

This is a hoot. For more than six months the mainstream anti Trump press has been suggesting that there was  collusion between Trump and Russia based on unnamed intelligence sources. Trump tweets he has been spied on and now the same press is trying to discount that fact.

Edited by lostlink

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, lostlink said:

This is a hoot. For more than six months the mainstream anti Trump press has been suggesting that there was  collusion between Trump and Russia based on unnamed intelligence sources. Trump tweets he has been spied on and now the same press is trying to discount that fact.

You should learn the difference between facts and allegations.  That Trump said he was spied on  by orders from Obama is a fact. That he was spied upon on orders from Obama is an allegation unsupported by any real evidence.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway also made a TV appearance Monday morning, speaking on "Fox and Friends," and was asked how Trump knew Obama tapped his phones.

"He's the President of the United States," Conway said. "He has information and intelligence that the rest of us do not."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-does-not-accept-fbi-denial-over-phone-tap-claims-2017-3

Not only that, he has information and intelligence that the intelligence community hasn't got.  

I believe he's created a new government agency: The Department of Wishful Thinking

25 minutes ago, pegman said:

For the love of God when is this man going to get the mental health accessment he so desperately needs?

a tv forum member asking when someone else is going to get a mental health assessment

ROFLMAO

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

remember to keep an open objective mind.  this guy is a constitutional attorney

I didn't make it through the entire thing, it was so repetitive there didn't seem to be any point.  Levin is outraged that the FBI and other agencies investigated links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.  He isn't concerned about possible Russian interference in the election, he's only upset that the investigation occurred during the election.  He also doesn't present any evidence that anything illegal was done, to the contrary he presents evidence that proper procedures were followed during the investigation.

Finally, he doesn't present any evidence that Trump himself was wired tapped.  But that isn't important to him, apparently he thinks the FBI has no business investigating possible illegal links between a presidential candidate and a hostile foreign power.  Somehow I think that if the FBI had investigated links between the Clinton campaign and a foreign government his attitude would have been different.

Let me see if I've got this right.

Last week Trump was blasting the media for citing anonymous sources in their stories about him. This week, Trump accuses Obama of snooping on him, relying on sketchy stories from news outlets that cite - wait for it - anonymous sources.

I hope they have removed all the sharp objects and breakables from the Oval Office.

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

"WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday."

"Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said."

"Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/us/politics/trump-seeks-inquiry-into-allegations-that-obama-tapped-his-phones.html?_r=0

The Clown in Chief is losing his marbles...

Lovin' it. :thumbsup:

Still waiting for the buffoon to prove his claim of 3 million illegal votes in the election...:whistling:

Edited by iReason

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 9:46 AM, kevkev1888 said:

The evidence is the FISA order. There is a paper trail that Trump was wire tapped and nothing was found to link Trump to Russia.

Now let's investigate Obama's wire tapping.

The Democrats are OFFICIALLY DONE after this. GAME OVER.

We're talking about indictments of the former sitting President and his staff.

No , that is merely wishfull thinking from narrow minded hypocrites.

Dangerous donald. At least he's PREDICTABLE. :wacko:

The dangerous rage of Donald Trump

This feels like a cycle that is going to keep repeating itself. Anger, release, anger. The issue is that Trump's “release” mechanism is getting more and more dangerous. If he's offering (so far) unfounded allegations about being wiretapped by the former president less than two months into his tenure, what will he be saying in a year's time when something provokes him to anger?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/06/the-dangerous-anger-of-donald-trump/

Reminder, this clearly mentally unstable man has the NUCLEAR codes. Something is wrong with this picture. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, atyclb said:

He's a far right nut-job radio show host with not much credibility.  Attorney or not.  There are dozens of journalists trying to find any info this happened.  None have been able to.  A conspiracy theory at it's worst.  Pure click bait.  And it seemed to have worked!  Sadly....

13 hours ago, atyclb said:

Obama and the administration was completely within it's right to investigate Trump, and his underlings, for their contacts with Russia. This was a national security matter. One thing Levin and his ilk do not want to discuss was why there was such repeated contact with the Russians. They are no friend of the US. In some countries this level of contact with a nation with such bad intentions might be considered treasonous. But, not here. His camp always want to turn everything into a conspiracy, and a threat against them and their wonderful intentions. 

12 hours ago, pegman said:

For the love of God when is this man going to get the mental health accessment he so desperately needs?

Possibly paranoid schizophrenic, or a neuro developmental (intellectual disability of some sort) disorder, impulse control disorder (Impulse-control disorders are those that involve an inability to control emotions and behaviors, resulting in harm to oneself or others. These problems with emotional and behavioral regulation are characterized by actions that violate the rights of others such as destroying property or physical aggression and/or those that conflict with societal norms, authority figures, and laws), or simply a pathological nature. Regardless, a really good shrink needs to prescribe some powerful meds, and he needs to do it fast!

Edited by spidermike007

10 hours ago, attrayant said:

Let me see if I've got this right.

Last week Trump was blasting the media for citing anonymous sources in their stories about him. This week, Trump accuses Obama of snooping on him, relying on sketchy stories from news outlets that cite - wait for it - anonymous sources.

I hope they have removed all the sharp objects and breakables from the Oval Office.

I'm hoping they remove the orange loon currently roaming the premises soon.

Edited by Bluespunk

On 3/5/2017 at 9:41 AM, Roadman said:

No us non Muricanos' dont want that. This is the best entertainment show of the modern era. It also gives the rest of us comfort that no matter how bad we think our leaders might be we only have to look at the US and know that some have if even worse. 

I no longer craziest leader.png

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Possibly paranoid schizophrenic, or a neuro developmental (intellectual disability of some sort) disorder, impulse control disorder (Impulse-control disorders are those that involve an inability to control emotions and behaviors, resulting in harm to oneself or others. These problems with emotional and behavioral regulation are characterized by actions that violate the rights of others such as destroying property or physical aggression and/or those that conflict with societal norms, authority figures, and laws), or simply a pathological nature. Regardless, a really good shrink needs to prescribe some powerful meds, and he needs to do it fast!

Those meds are expensive.  I hope he has a good insurance plan.  Maybe it's not too late for Trump to enroll in Obamacare.

Post removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

If posts breach forum rules they will be removed.

Posts are also removed if they respond to,or quote a removed post.

From the same dufus who hounded Obama for 5 years about not being an American, and therefore not being a legitimate prez.  And we're surprised he's making up aspersions every other day?

Yesterday, Mika from MSNBC put it clearly; "How can anyone trust what this White House says?"

If the N.Koreans launched missiles at Anchorage and Fairbanks this evening, US defense forces might not even notice before it was too late - everyone is so distracted by the hogwash coming out of Trump's tweet account.  

Edited by boomerangutang

There is an excellent article in Foreign Policy Magazine about this ( https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-knows-feds-closing-him-221816189.html ) that ends with:

"There is a good reason why Trump and his partisans are so apoplectic about the prospect of a special counsel, and it is precisely why it is imperative to appoint one: because otherwise we will never know the full story of the Kremlin’s tampering with our elections and of the Kremlin’s connections with the president of the United States. As evidenced by his desperate attempts to change the subject, Trump appears petrified of what such a probe would reveal. Wonder why? "

Trump isn't being entirely irrational, he's desperately trying to change the story.  Or, at the very least, bog Congress down with so many investigations it can't do a competent job on any of them.  However his unsubstantiated "Obama had me wiretapped!" claim serves to bring the spotlight back onto links between the Russians and the Trump campaign that need to be investigated.

GOP refuses to back Trump's wiretap claim

"President Donald Trump will have to look somewhere besides Republican-controlled Capitol Hill for backup to his explosive and unsubstantiated charge that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower before the election."

"Trump was reportedly incensed Sunday that Republicans didn’t defend his allegations on the Sunday shows — in fact, several pointedly refused to lend Trump a lifeline when pressed. And more than 48 hours after the initial allegation, Republicans in Congress remained mostly mum as the controversy flared and threatened to create a lingering distraction for them as they try to pass major legislation in the coming weeks."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-wiretapping-republicans-congress-235740

If the con-man keeps this up, they're gonna have to lead him out of the White House in a strait-jacket...

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

That guy is absolutely insane.  How anybody could watch that, much less believe anything that comes from this nut, is beyond me.  Sad statement on humanity.

How anybody could think Hillary would be better is beyond me.

How anybody can believe that the Russians had an impact on the election is beyond me.

The right & main-stream media starts screaming about "Evidence", yet have failed to produce a shred of evidence that the Russians affected the outcome of the election.

If former President Obama DID do what President Trump is saying, he needs to be in Leavenworth.

-----------

It's "The seriousness of the charge".

We have to investigate!

The left has been doing it for 50 years or more!

The new President has barely been in office 6 or 7 weeks & the left is LOSING their MINDS!...(Not that they had much to begin with).

3 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

How anybody could think Hillary would be better is beyond me.

How anybody can believe that the Russians had an impact on the election is beyond me.

The right & main-stream media starts screaming about "Evidence", yet have failed to produce a shred of evidence that the Russians affected the outcome of the election.

If former President Obama DID do what President Trump is saying, he needs to be in Leavenworth.

-----------

It's "The seriousness of the charge".

We have to investigate!

The left has been doing it for 50 years or more!

The new President has barely been in office 6 or 7 weeks & the left is LOSING their MINDS!...(Not that they had much to begin with).

Nice rant but what's it got to do with the OP? LOL  Deflecting like Trump? LOL

Enough with the left vs. right.  That gets old and except for a few extreme nut jobs, doesn't accurately describe most people.