Al Jazeera's Report On Dhammakaya Chopped By Truevisions (Video)

rooster59

Al Jazeera's Report On Dhammakaya Chopped By Truevisions (Video)

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

temple.PNG

BANGKOK — A local cable television provider on Friday censored Al Jazeera’s report on the military government’s blockade of Dhammakaya temple, prompting an online reaction from the news agency’s Thailand correspondent.

Wayne Hay, Bangkok-based senior correspondent for Al Jazeera tweeted a picture of a blank television screen with a message in the middle stating: “Programming will return shortly.”

“This is what comes up on screen,” Hay noted on his Twitter account @wayne_hay Friday.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/03/04/al-jazeeras-report-dhammakaya-chopped-truevisions-video/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-03-05

Not only Al Jazeera! For many months the moment NHK, probably the least radical of all news channels, mentions Thailand the same thing happens. The ape at the controls actually cut coverage of the CM flower festival three weeks ago. Must have been been one hell of a contentious floral display in there somewhere.

So now I watch it on the internet, uncensored.

18 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Journalistic integrity and openness is in free fall at the moment. 

Not just journalism, the entire country is in free fall.  I think it is going to be a very hard landing when it does occur.

Members are reminded about the contents of the pinned topic in the News Forum:

Thailand remains under the close watch of the Thai military and the rules related to Social Media and posting on Thaivisa will follow the guidelines set forth by the government and the military. Here are some things that you should consider when posting:

All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial. In the past, discussion of the lese majeste law has been allowed, but due to increased scrutiny by the government this will no longer be permitted on Thaivisa.

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed. Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

Please check the entire list of forum rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

How can anyone feel comfortable or secure in a country where social/news media have to post warnings like the above from TV? It would probably be enough to ensure a post of such a warning goes viral globally to help people understand "democracy" in Thailand.. 

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Can't have real news and reporting can we.

Well, we don't have a real government, real PM, real monks, real Buddhists, real law enforcement, and in many cases, real women.

Why have real news when everything else is fake? 

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Without VPN impossible to access the DailyMail online in Thailand like it was an ISIS website :saai:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that ISIS websites are not blocked here. 

3 hours ago, dcnx said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that ISIS websites are not blocked here. 

Why on earth would you want to look at that crap for. ISIS  is totally offensive to all nationalities and should be blocked everywhere and 10 out 0f 10 to the lads hacking it, long may they continue

8 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Without VPN impossible to access the DailyMail online in Thailand like it was an ISIS website :saai:

There is an app for your phone android phone ...

I'm amazed Al Jazeera is even complaining.It's not as if they have ever had the freedom of press that other broadcasting stations have. Oh they can say whatever they want about the west or as in this case in S.E Aisa. But let them try having the freedom of press to report on the gulf states or the religion of peace in a negative/truthful light. 

That report was full of half-truths, it failed to mention that the Supreme Patriarch had ruled in 1999 that the head of temple had violated monastic rules and therefore should have been prosecuted, secondly it went on about Thaksin being removed in a coup, it failed to mention that he was not PM at the time, he had already resigned in April and the so called election prior to that was one that was boycotted by his political opponents.

Portraying the temple as being a place where they just wanted to be left in peace to worship in the own way,  was a misrepresentation. Had I been watching this in Australia or Europe I might have had a tendency to believe their misrepresentations. Al Jareerza are a dubious channel anyway, especially after they blatantly lied about Gaddaffi and have been doing a similar thing with Syria. 

Forget watching the local controlled media outlets. One can watch all of this online directly from their feed. Though there are some that enjoy the childish commercials and of course the soaps. Where the very white skinned hi-so continue to rub the noses of the poor into their obscene opulence. Easy to do with sheeple.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:06 AM, Deez said:

Where are the Thai apologists to say this happens everywhere in the world?

They are very busy defending the "double pricing" thread, but dont worry I expect the apologists to chime in soon.

Aah, Al Jazeera's 'reports' always so true, honest and correct, no bias, no misleading, no manipulations, when all information spread over the media had he same quality, even Qatari extremist Muslims would not need to invest in propaganda...

18 hours ago, marquess said:

That report was full of half-truths, it failed to mention that the Supreme Patriarch had ruled in 1999 that the head of temple had violated monastic rules and therefore should have been prosecuted, secondly it went on about Thaksin being removed in a coup, it failed to mention that he was not PM at the time, he had already resigned in April and the so called election prior to that was one that was boycotted by his political opponents.

Portraying the temple as being a place where they just wanted to be left in peace to worship in the own way,  was a misrepresentation. Had I been watching this in Australia or Europe I might have had a tendency to believe their misrepresentations. Al Jareerza are a dubious channel anyway, especially after they blatantly lied about Gaddaffi and have been doing a similar thing with Syria. 

They failed to mention that Thaskin wasn't the PM at the time, because he WAS care taker PM at the time. Me thinks listening to you trying to rewrite history with lies to be amusing yet utterly useless. Al jazeara indeed was right in this parituclar case.