Welcome to Pattaya - Russian lady out for a stroll gets impaled on a spike

webfact

She'll have to be more careful as a young(ish), attractive(-ish) Russian woman in the future when "taking an evening stroll" in that area, alone.  No family to accompany her on her stroll?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

New TAT slogan:  Come to LOS.."At Your Own Risk"..

Aimed at adventure tourism?

coupled with a free "I survived.... " tee shirt.... provided they survive...

Edited by farcanell

6 hours ago, Allstars said:

In civilized countries the land owner will be taken to court for putting the spikes there, not sure however about Thailand, since I mentioned civilized countries.

Warning - Sarcasm.jpg

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Private land so wasn't she trespassing...

i say jail time unless she can come up with 150k bail...

Exactly what I was thinking also.Just like the police might say in an other situasion.If she wast there,this would never happend.So no medical-bill to pay or anything for the owner.

6 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

It can be very dangerous to walk around here at times.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hopefully, the land owner will pay for the hospital bills.

Probably not - i mean the 'paying' part - but maybe if there's just enough 'online pressure' as it were ... 

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Pattaya has good restaurants, much better and cheaper than BKK.

The Thai there also speak better english than BKK.

It's cooler than BKK.

Which helps to mask the stench from the sewers, or at least blow it around some. Yum Yum!  :sick:

It's refreshing to see that Tatiana, as a Russian name is till going strong.

The vital information here is that locals had seen her 'strolling around'. An obvious wrong-doing for any tourist. A tourist should tour. Strolling around intimates that Tatiana had no objective, one could say she was therefore acting in a negligent manner. Negligence is itself an issue. If we are subjected to Tatiana's negligent behaviour should we therefore not be entitled to recompense for injuries caused by such behaviour. This is a serious matter, there is undue wear and tear to the spike, which will now be slightly blunted, blood which will attract insects and vermin and let's not forget the loss of face to the owner by attracting unwanted media attention.

I see that trespass has previously been mentioned in a post, but also you have to consider rent charges and the potential charge of loitering (albeit perhaps without intent).

And of course no one has thought to mention the damage caused to the jet ski bike, yet !

She will get off lightly with anything under 50k THB and should damn well consider herself lucky to do so.

The rule here is simple. Don't rely on everything, everywhere being made safe. Use your eyes and watch where you walk.... always. No one has got your back here - you are responsible for your own wellbeing.

Edited by tropo

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Private land so wasn't she trespassing...

i say jail time unless she can come up with 150k bail...

Interesting that your sarcasm, which I enjoyed, has gone largely unrecognised by the denizens of this site

7 hours ago, webfact said:

It happened at a vacant plot of land where the owner had put the spikes in concrete to stop parking.

Makes sense his brain stopped working at the same time. Could not think past his nose. Poor lady wish you a speedy recovery. Talk to the TAT lady she is very nice. She could come up with a free trip in the future for when you pursue your stupidity court case against the guy that put the spikes there in the first place. You will no doubt loose but its another holiday for you in the land of smiles and TAT can chalk up another visit or two or three or four.  

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Those are the (alleged) lucky ones.

pole dancer_85282.jpg

Someone needs to give these babes a heads up about Thai building standards?

babes a la "charlottes web".... ( just to be clear)

Edited by farcanell

What about this one at Tesco Lotus Chaweng, not far Home Pro entance?

I asked to speak to a manager at Home Pro, showed the photo taken with my telephone, telling it was a narrow shave with my tire, three people came with me...Antarai kap.... one year later it is still there!

IMG_0838.jpg

8 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

It can be very dangerous to walk around here at times.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hopefully, the land owner will pay for the hospital bills.

Not sure 100% I showed the original article from the Daily News written in Thai to a Thai. 

Reaction: Big why se not see my kaodjai ! :saai:

Edited by Tchooptip

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Pattaya has good restaurants, much better and cheaper than BKK.

The Thai there also speak better english than BKK.

It's cooler than BKK.

Good restaurants and English speaking Thais are no good if you get seriously injured or robbed by ladyboys enroute to the restaurants !!!

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

Hospital bills plus a totally new holiday to Thailand since this one is ruined by him. Also his actions ruined the "good image" of Pattaya and Thailand so he has to fix that as well.

And where was the government in their job to protect all quality tourists??? Was it in the safe zone? Beachroad should be a safe place to walk around, it's already hard enough to avoid the idiot drivers and criminal ladyboys there.

The image of Pattaya was ruined long before this incident, destination for quality tourists says it all about this dump.

Very soon the Russians are going to start kicking off about how their country man and women are being treated here and bye bye Ruble. with only the Chinese left to rob, how are we going to get the money so the HiSo can live without poverty?

Another notable hazard here is in the use of barbed wire. They often use it to fence of private land band,there is lots of it around, even in the centre of town and  nearby residential areas. Unfortunately it isn't just used as a finishing deterrent on the top of walls, you frequently see it used six or eight strands high from the ground level  upwards. I shudder to think of the injuries that might be sustained by young children or animals who might fall or inadvertently run into it.   

6 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

It's refreshing to see that Tatiana, as a Russian name is till going strong.

The vital information here is that locals had seen her 'strolling around'. An obvious wrong-doing for any tourist. A tourist should tour. Strolling around intimates that Tatiana had no objective, one could say she was therefore acting in a negligent manner. Negligence is itself an issue. If we are subjected to Tatiana's negligent behaviour should we therefore not be entitled to recompense for injuries caused by such behaviour. This is a serious matter, there is undue wear and tear to the spike, which will now be slightly blunted, blood which will attract insects and vermin and let's not forget the loss of face to the owner by attracting unwanted media attention.

I see that trespass has previously been mentioned in a post, but also you have to consider rent charges and the potential charge of loitering (albeit perhaps without intent).

And of course no one has thought to mention the damage caused to the jet ski bike, yet !

She will get off lightly with anything under 50k THB and should damn well consider herself lucky to do so.

We can be thankful for such diligent and future thinking minds as the landlord, protecting us from suspicious and negligent strollers disguised as tourists, obviously up to no good. They city should call a press conference and award him a medal! Maybe they can even appropriate some city funds to spike vacant land across the city.