"Round up the usual suspects" - Pattaya station chief echoes "Casablanca" as ladyboys dragged in

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't even remember a hundred names let alone swear that I know hundreds of people who I call friends.  Lucky person I guess that can attest to that.  But the story was about the usual suspects being 'dragged' in,  which as usual is only a decoy from solving the real issues.

25 minutes ago, Philthyphil said:

Nah mate. 

I dont.

i will give the secret.

dont pay hookers.

Dont get married.

Date, pickup girls. There are millions free ones out there. All over the world.

Simple.

Works for me.

Success at picking up girls for free, all over the world????  Unlike me he must be a "hansum man."  When you get to my age there are no "girls" available who want us.  If you like them at an age that (shall we say) "sufficiently inspires us" than it gets to be pretty lean pickings.  Paying helps when your money is more of an attraction that you are, even scrubbed up and with a nearly clean SINGA or CHANG singlet on.

17 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Sure seems to be a lot of smiling going on in that photo, both by the police and the suspects. 

Haha, nobody cares...just a minor interruption. Normal operation to commence shortly.  No body held accountable.  Carry on as normal.

16 hours ago, Philthyphil said:

No, it is usually the those types who are doing most of the molesting in Pattaya.

And if the farangs were not so attracted to them and would stop paying for their services then they would go away. 

Interesting to see they targeted Soi Buakeaw and walking street. I was down the beach yesterday arfternoon and evening. There were no hookers at all during the day,light hours. And very, very few later when it got dark. 

Good  to see. For those who have to pay for love they should be forced behind closed doors, bars if you want to drink, or massage shops if you don't. The beach was a lot more pleasant last night without all the ugly mongers mongering around. Normal people shouldn't have to watch the desperates in action on a public beach.

"And if the farangs were not so attracted to them and would stop paying for their services then they would go away."

Total BS.  The problem is that they're notoriously aggressive, and molest non-interested passersby because no one DOES want their "services"!  Lack of trade does NOT make them go away; it only makes them more aggressive!!

The serious end of crime waves in any country are usually the result of a small minority of bad apples, and I'm sure the ladyboys are no exception. The really shameless gold chain snatchers and pickpockets are so blatant and aggressive in their approach that they must have had countless brushes with the law. The thing that shows breathtaking incompetence here is how they don't accumulate a long rap sheet and get locked up for good. Targetting the worst 5-10% in this way would go a long way towards solving the problem. 

On the other hand, whipping up a media circus like this makes the authorities look like they have no handle on things at all. It also has the effect of marginalising the ladyboys further as a group, not the smartest incentive to get them to abstain from petty crime. 

The serious end of crime waves in any country are usually the result of a small minority of bad apples, and I'm sure the ladyboys are no exception. The really shameless gold chain snatchers and pickpockets are so blatant and aggressive in their approach that they must have had countless brushes with the law. The thing that shows breathtaking incompetence here is how they don't accumulate a long rap sheet and get locked up for good. Targetting the worst 5-10% in this way would go a long way towards solving the problem. 

On the other hand, whipping up a media circus like this makes the authorities look like they have no handle on things at all. It also has the effect of marginalising the ladyboys further as a group, not the smartest incentive to get them to abstain from petty crime. 

Lol. Yeah, like anything short of being physically removed and then kept off the streets is going to get them to abstain from their assaults on foreigners. But I agree that all-too-typical photo-ops like this serve no worthwhile purpose save in the minds of gullible foreigners.

9 hours ago, Trouble said:

Kind of pathetic when a local police chief can just order the roundup of people on the street.  Seems if they can do it to the ladyboys, they could do it to any group of people.  What a country!  

Few here are able to make that logical leap unless it involves themselves or their immediate circle.

On 3/9/2017 at 7:49 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Seems harse rounding up all ladyboys in sight. Maybe one day they will round up bald fat old tattood shirtless men

I know what would please tourists from uk changing the exchange rate from 43 to 70 like it used to be im sure lots of tourists would flood here then 

Many people seem to be convinced that there is an automatic link between ladyboys and crime. Do they think they're all, or the majority of them, are involved in crime? Are the ones working on the tills in Big C likely to suddenly mug you? Are the ones working as air hostesses for Airasia going to stick one on you mid flight? Are the ones working in salons, shops, markets,  cabarets or even bars more likely to commit crimes than the average Thai? I don't believe they are.

Their employment options are limited because Thai law does not offer them the same rights as transgender people in the West. I've spoken to university-educated ladyboys who were prevented from entering the medical profession, the teaching profession, etc., essentially just because of the way they look. There is a great deal of prejudice towards them, notwithstanding Thailand's supposed tolerance of transgender people.

Some of them do commit crimes, and some of them are bad. But a few rotten apples doesn't mean they're all like this.

I've lived in Thailand for over a decade and have personally never experienced any threats or crime from ladyboys, other than the odd risque comment on passing a bar.

When it comes to discussing ladyboys,  nothing quite reaches the heights of hypocrisy with regard to some expats. A significant percentage, I suspect, have their dark, little secrets concerning the odd dalliance with a ladyboy. Many of them are often the most vociferous in expressing their disgust or disdain for them. I think the psychology behind this is fairly easy to understand.  We can all remember Colonel Frank Fitts in the movie "American Beauty".