Thai man goes armed with a knife to Chonburi "to sort out insurance policy"

webfact

5 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

I hope the poor victim has insurance

She probably does, but they will also probably find some excuse not to pay.

We will hear about that next month, when the woman stabs her boss.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thai way is; if a customer has a problem is to either ignore, give a snide grin as if to convey a message; is there something wrong with you? Or try to fob them off to go somewhere else. Basically, the staff just want the customer to turn his back, walk out and not be seen or heard of again. I know it`s happened to me on many occasions and very frustrating when you have a problem and end up going around in circles getting nowhere dealing with staff that are not interested and couldn`t care less.

I am surprised that such incidents as described in the OP are not a lot more common.

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Its the modus operendi here. Shift the problem to someone else back to the mobile. Don't waste my time. 

Yes, you're right it's a curiously Thai thing. No one else ftom any other country in the known universe ever does it. 

16 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Is it something in the water? Why do so many Thais lose it so easily?

Unfortunately I am not a geneticist, however in another post previously I did suggest that perhaps inbreeding and higher than average acts of incest may have some bearing. The problem of course is compounded because no Thais seem able to "hold their drink", much like most juveniles.  4 bottles of beer and they are as good as gone,  8 bottles they are away with the fairies. And that is after watering it  down 50% with water and ice !!

I can't condone his action, but unfortunately, I sympathize and appreciate the frustration the man has endured, as I'm sure it didn't happen in one incident. He bought the knife before even going in the last time, knowing he was going to get poor service trying to deal with the lazy individual.

When I first came here, I was very impressed with the huge amount of staff employed to help customers at all the businesses around here. I soon realized, they are all totally useless, untrained, unskilled, and run away from you if you have a simple question, or need help locating something, let alone offer a suggestion as to where else you might find it in town. At one major big motorcycle accessory store in Pattaya, after being ignored, lied to, and walked away from by one particularly ignorant and unhelpful individual, I asked to see the manager. He informed me that he was the store manager.

I have since gave up expecting any type of customer service, and have resigned myself to the fact that this is the way it is done here, accept it. There is no assistance, there are no guaranties, and once you bought it, it's yours and you can't return it. Make sure it is absolutely what you want, or don't buy it.

...and by all means, before I go out, I leave the knife at home.

41 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

I can't condone his action, but unfortunately, I sympathize and appreciate the frustration the man has endured, as I'm sure it didn't happen in one incident. He bought the knife before even going in the last time, knowing he was going to get poor service trying to deal with the lazy individual.

When I first came here, I was very impressed with the huge amount of staff employed to help customers at all the businesses around here. I soon realized, they are all totally useless, untrained, unskilled, and run away from you if you have a simple question, or need help locating something, let alone offer a suggestion as to where else you might find it in town. At one major big motorcycle accessory store in Pattaya, after being ignored, lied to, and walked away from by one particularly ignorant and unhelpful individual, I asked to see the manager. He informed me that he was the store manager.

I have since gave up expecting any type of customer service, and have resigned myself to the fact that this is the way it is done here, accept it. There is no assistance, there are no guaranties, and once you bought it, it's yours and you can't return it. Make sure it is absolutely what you want, or don't buy it.

...and by all means, before I go out, I leave the knife at home.

Good points but this is far from the end of it.

It`s fine when dealing with goods and have the choice to buy or not, but it`s when dealing with service providers such as electric company, phone and Internet providers, banks and other services when simple problems can turn into a rising blood pressure, insane making head bashing get nowhere fast nightmare. So in many cases problems will arise that have to be faced head on and can take months to sort out. There have been times when confronting staff they thought my plight was hilarious and I`ve felt like either ripping them apart with my bare hands or blowing the place up. In the end all I could do was turn my back and walk out of there, which is exactly what they wanted me to do. I`m sure I`m not the only one who has been faced with these situations.

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

doing anything in thailand seems to be very frustrating. i am out after 10 years of being jacked around. i will never own anything or work in thailand again. couple months a year for a holiday will do me.

They will make up for their loss in the couple of months as a tourist.. don't worry. I've been out of there for a good couple of years now.. didn't realise how much I was taking while there..

21 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Will the police gives back his newly bought 0,80 bht knife?

It's a police exhibit and they put it in plastic bag with a number on it. In court room they refer to it as "exhibit number 3 ( just take 3 as example) is the weapon used your honor. " This is very British system in the court. I don't know thailand.

19 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Unfortunately I am not a geneticist, however in another post previously I did suggest that perhaps inbreeding and higher than average acts of incest may have some bearing. The problem of course is compounded because no Thais seem able to "hold their drink", much like most juveniles.  4 bottles of beer and they are as good as gone,  8 bottles they are away with the fairies. And that is after watering it  down 50% with water and ice !!

I must say they shouldn't be drinking at all. Some races can't coup with alcohol. The Japanese can drink and wake up early next day for work, I don't know how they do it.

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

Silly bugger, he should have known he was wasting his time.

Usual answer, not up to me phone this number.

We have all had this crap at sometime.

Yes all sweetness and light when selling you something, but short shrift  with complaints and  of course, this is Thailand, we don't do refunds.

20 hours ago, Sphere said:

Yes, but I also use a fork on the breast and ribs. A knife alone just doesn't cut it. :thumbsup:

Not sure about the ribs but I find lips and hands are good for breasts  - no need for cutlery  :smile:

Another Thai man that didn´t get his way, and just as every time had to resort to violence. Just because they are not properly fit to engage in a convesation.
Can´t handle rejection, disregarding any subject it might regard. 

17 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The Thai way is; if a customer has a problem is to either ignore, give a snide grin as if to convey a message; is there something wrong with you? Or try to fob them off to go somewhere else. Basically, the staff just want the customer to turn his back, walk out and not be seen or heard of again. I know it`s happened to me on many occasions and very frustrating when you have a problem and end up going around in circles getting nowhere dealing with staff that are not interested and couldn`t care less.

I am surprised that such incidents as described in the OP are not a lot more common.

With the larger organisations i would agree with you but when i have been dealing with sole traders or family businesses i have always found them very helpful and willing to help sort out any problems