First Pattaya visit. Plastic everywhere!

khunpa

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

Dude you will die of boredom in Chiang mai. Living in Chiang mai retirement village vs Pattaya? My heart still beating so pattttaaayyyaaa!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

A happy "Dude" in Chiang Mai. 

23 hours ago, khunpa said:

I agree, that CM is "boring". However, with cheap flights to both Pattaya and Bangkok (I prefer Bangkok), then CM is a great place to live what I would describe as a more "normal" life. If I want to party hard, I can always visit. But I could never live there. 

23 hours ago, khunpa said:

I know a lot of people have invested there successfully (including my Thai and Farang Friends). 

However, and as you say, the place truly is a shit-hole, which tells me that the place is a long-term bad investment (just my opinion).

I lived here for 8 years and it becomes worse and worse every day.

Since the army took over City Hall nobody takes care about anything.

I'm happy to leave next weekend.

Those who invest here now will make a bad business. 

Here are 1000-ends of new condos for sale and they continue to build. Who will buy? 

Only private investments. 

The City doesn't invest in any new roads for all the people who are expected to live there. They don't even repair all the broken ones or take care about the environment, filled with all shit you can think about. 

Most people I know who say they live in Pattaya actually live in the surrounding area's, I have owned and rented a number condo and house over the years and all of which I would tell friends were in Pattaya, but none actually were. The only time I have truly stayed in Pattaya was in hotels and that was solely for the night life. Pattaya it's self is shit hole, the surrounding area not so. If you look at Bangkok, street level sukhumvit you would have to say the same about that, also Phuket beautiful beaches and mountains but patong Shit hole, Chiang Mai nice temple and beautiful mountain, but the street where the night bizzar is? Burning season?

I think I could make bad comments about every city or town I have visited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, khunpa said:

I agree, that CM is "boring". However, with cheap flights to both Pattaya and Bangkok (I prefer Bangkok), then CM is a great place to live what I would describe as a more "normal" life. If I want to party hard, I can always visit. But I could never live there. 

Some investor you must be with a troll post like this.

I live in Bangkok and because my wife works for a big international company (brag, brag) she doesn't have a lot of free time, so we mostly go to Pattaya on weekends and holidays. I think I stayed in just about every big and small hotel in every part of the city and while the beach is somewhat dirty it can not compare to filth of Chiang Mai let alone Bangkok, rofl.

The food in Patterz is great.

Seriously, "the potential is there", rofllmao?

Have you seen the rest of Thailand big shot?

LOL

7 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

Cheap flights to Pattaya? With who.

I just spent 3 weeks in Chiang mai, booked for 4 but escaped. Chiang mai is wonderful if your 80 and tucked up in bed at 10pm. Or if you like befriending the hoards of back packers, never again for me!

You should have had a look at jomtien many choose to live there because it's just a sleepy little seaside town but just 15 mins from Pattaya By baht bus to party , it's sort of a chiag Mai by the sea and condos way cheaper

Or even Bang Sarai, 

Pattaya City is unique... Where else will you find such a concentration of flabby, old men shuffling along the beach in Speedos receiving a echo chorus of "sexy-man"  Where else can you sit and watch tourists from the four corners of the world run for their lives across Beach Rd while a tour bus of Chinese is bulleting towards them (while a policeman is focused on a poor  motorcycle driver not using his turning signal?). Where else can you stand along the curb and become unconscious from inhaling the sewer fumes? Where else can you walk three...four...maybe five blocks before you find a trash bin to throw away your empty plastic water bottle? Where else can you find concrete wheel chair sidewalk "slopes" that are more narrow than the width of a wheel chair? Where else can you find four massage parlors and two Indian tailor shops in a row (across from one 7-eleven and one Family Mart? Where else can you find a so called "Beach Restoration project" proudly advertised on a banner two blocks long , but behind it ...there is  no restoration going on?   The only way this city will ever be "fixed" is if the management was out-sourced to the Swiss or Germans.  No Thais can ever make the corrections needed.

2 minutes ago, toenail said:

Pattaya City is unique... Where else will you find such a concentration of flabby, old men shuffling along the beach in Speedos receiving a echo chorus of "sexy-man"  Where else can you sit and watch tourists from the four corners of the world run for their lives across Beach Rd while a tour bus of Chinese is bulleting towards them (while a policeman is focused on a poor  motorcycle driver not using his turning signal?). Where else can you stand along the curb and become unconscious from inhaling the sewer fumes? Where else can you walk three...four...maybe five blocks before you find a trash bin to throw away your empty plastic water bottle? Where else can you find concrete wheel chair sidewalk "slopes" that are more narrow than the width of a wheel chair? Where else can you find four massage parlors and two Indian tailor shops in a row (across from one 7-eleven and one Family Mart? Where else can you find a so called "Beach Restoration project" proudly advertised on a banner two blocks long , but behind it ...there is  no restoration going on?   The only way this city will ever be "fixed" is if the management was out-sourced to the Swiss or Germans.  No Thais can ever make the corrections needed.

All true - except that the concrete "slopes" were installed for motorbikes, not wheelchairs.:wink:

pattaya beach is dirty,at high tide its discusting..i have condo at cosy beach away from the noise,but unfortunately there is more rubbish on the roadside there,despite there being ample rubbish bins,there are plastic bags and bottles everywhere...i just cant understand why the authorities dont educate the local people to be clean..heavy fines for dropping litter....everyone would benefit in the long term-more tourists more business...almost,without fail,when i tell people i live in thailand, they say -but its so dirty,i wont go back....this is far worse than the sex xcene...every morning when i go for a walk,i take a plastic bag to fill with rubbish....of coarse i dont have to go far to fill a bag  and rubbish is thrown back in a few days..the locals look at me like i am seriously retarded---but i refuse to live in a dump and have my investment degraded...the next problem is soi dogs and the many many speed boats permanently anchored along the beach front at pattaya...surely no tourist wants to swim amongst them all...its so sad and unbelievable,..i think most of the rubbish comes from the local  people, the tourists are generally cleaner??   

52 minutes ago, murraynz said:

pattaya beach is dirty,at high tide its discusting..i have condo at cosy beach away from the noise,but unfortunately there is more rubbish on the roadside there,despite there being ample rubbish bins,there are plastic bags and bottles everywhere...i just cant understand why the authorities dont educate the local people to be clean..heavy fines for dropping litter....everyone would benefit in the long term-more tourists more business...almost,without fail,when i tell people i live in thailand, they say -but its so dirty,i wont go back....this is far worse than the sex xcene...every morning when i go for a walk,i take a plastic bag to fill with rubbish....of coarse i dont have to go far to fill a bag  and rubbish is thrown back in a few days..the locals look at me like i am seriously retarded---but i refuse to live in a dump and have my investment degraded...the next problem is soi dogs and the many many speed boats permanently anchored along the beach front at pattaya...surely no tourist wants to swim amongst them all...its so sad and unbelievable,..i think most of the rubbish comes from the local  people, the tourists are generally cleaner??   

Why isn't there yet  a songteaw line going around pratumnak hills that would help this remote location the most.I not sure if by picking up some plastic bags thiswill prevent your investment to degrade further but its good exercise for your body.

13 hours ago, dotpoom said:

So, you have told us what you think of Pattaya......my question is " What do you expect us to do now that we know how YOU feel about the place?

Unwittingly a good post. Was down Beach yesterday at usual concession and the mama always puts basket with liner to our side for rubbish as a matter of course.

Got up for a swim and just in front of the front rows where we were sat were two plastic water bottles small ones and bit of other garbage so picked up and put in basket.

Come back from swimming and this <deleted> of a farang tells me I can be deported for working (for picking up the rubbish) When you got <deleted> like that here there is no future for high end tourists

I just looked at him and shook my head.

I was in Pattaya three days ago for two nights, and I didn't see anything that you described.

Of course I spent my time in the Hilton Hotel on Beach road, shopping in the fabulous malls and dining in a few of the best restaurants with a beautiful Thai woman that a I have known for two years that is under the age of 30.  I will be 70 in July! I walked the full length of Beach Road by the sea.

However, I was not focused on trash, but rather the interesting people, the beautiful women and the smiles on most everyone's faces.

And, the draft beer happy hour prices of 69 THB!

Your negative comments are not appreciated for us expats who have lived here for many years.

You need to change your life and your thinking!

If you want to read about and see trash on the beach go to the link below.  It's about South Beach, in Miami now during spring break. Perhaps one of the most popular beaches in the world.  

You can always find a negative story in any popular tourist destination by an unhappy reporter. :sad:

Edited by Kabula

4 hours ago, murraynz said:

I don't think you have been to Pattaya Beach for awhile.  I see Pattaya Beach from my condo and walk along it often and usually the beach is pretty clean in my area--not pristine but also not a disgusting trash dump.  (And, if it were a disgusting trash dump, would it be attracting the hoards of tourists every day? I think not.)  The speed boats you mentioned still anchor off shore but most no longer pick up and discharge passengers along the beach--that's all been moved to Bali Hai pier and the beach is much quieter with no speed boats right on the shore.  There used to be up to 70 tour buses parked every day in the vacant Chang Beer land near Hard Rock Hotel. This morning--zero. The tour buses have mostly been moved to the Bali Hai pier area, too, and that's also been a big improvement for the beach area.  I wouldn't swim in the water but pontoon swimming areas are being maintained so brave swimmers won't be hit by a jet skier.  Lots of negative comments, as always when it comes to Pattaya, but if you and others look around you will see there have been some improvements. 

a farang tells me I can be deported for working (for picking up the rubbish)

Well technically he was correct..
Remember after the tsunami the foreigners helping the clean up where told they had to obtain work permits ?

19 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

Dude you will die of boredom in Chiang mai. Living in Chiang mai retirement village vs Pattaya? My heart still beating so pattttaaayyyaaa!

It won't beat long if you keep on living there.

11 minutes ago, johng said:

Well technically he was correct..
Remember after the tsunami the foreigners helping the clean up where told they had to obtain work permits ?

Correct my backside.....by same token if the debris was broken glass and I stood on it who in City Hall do I make a claim against for injury  ??

13 hours ago, hdkane said:

I understand your sentiments quite well...I wish I could have seen the place about 50 years ago...if you squint your eyes, you can imagine how lovely the nature was there, before the unchecked development...mountains and beaches make a beautiful image...

I visited Pattaya for the first time in "77, 40 years ago.

It was a lovely place than.

Practically no traffic, no extension of 2nd Rd yet.

TAT office was located at about half-way Beach Road.

Bus to Bangkok was also parked there.

There were round tables with seating and rattan roofs on the beach, which were gratis.

Most importantly, we could swim in the sea as it was clean.

Weekender Hotel soi 1 was the place to stay, no other choice.

No super markets or shopping malls, there was Mikes Shopping a small thing.

The first super market which came to Pattaya was Foodland, forgot the year.:smile:

13 hours ago, citzofwrld said:

Problem, solution.

Walking the beach yesterday I noticed all the plastic and other garbage lying around. Having lived near a tourist beach along Lake Michigan I know there is a solution. A gas powered beach sweeper. It has prongs on a wide round rotating spindle that goes four inches below the sand level picking up everything and dropping it in a trailing cart to be dumped. Twice a day, morning and afternoon it ran the beach.

Yes, you are correct. A lot of people dont realize the 5am clean up that happens on tourist beaches and waterways, all over the world. I lived at Bondi Beach in Australia and an army of machines, boats and people cleaned the beach every morning, the local stormwater system had machinery to trap and remove rubbish. The local government taxes and levies reflected this infrastructure, it was a very expensive place to live.

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Are you typing this acid stuff from Chiang Mai with your gasmask on?Post a photo of that here please?

I just spent 3 weeks in CM and travelled thousands of km in the area on scooter.  And have spent 3 weeks on 4 other occasions there in the last two years.  I have yet to have any need for a gas mask, far from it.  I specifically paid attention to the air on this trip as I have read so many derogatory comments about the "bad" air on ThaiVisa.

15 hours ago, newnative said:

Apparently he only sampled the nightlife and drove by a beach in his car and thinks he's taken Pattaya's measure. 

Exactly ! Like all the ridiculous who think they know Pattaya after visiting walking street !

15 hours ago, Bartman1369 said:

Couldn't agree more. I could never live in Pattaya. Great for the occasional visit but I have lived in Jomptien now for more than a year and absolutely love it. 

For most people who know nothing as the OP, Pattaya and Jomtien, even Sattahip, Bangsarey, Chonburi, Bangsaen, are all the same big dump !!!!

19 minutes ago, BsBs said:

I very seldom post here anymore because of "anus" types like BsBs who just can't take a comment and leave it alone.  His last short sentence is exactly what I am talking about.  I made an observation " A whole".  But I must give the guy credit for figuring out that I am a scientist.  But that's all the credit he deserves.  Like your screen name ..... very appropriate.

You must be a scientist to believe that you will feel the pollution particules that you breath daily when stating there.

Nothing smart to say instead ?

15 hours ago, zuperman said:

Most people I know who say they live in Pattaya actually live in the surrounding area's, I have owned and rented a number condo and house over the years and all of which I would tell friends were in Pattaya, but none actually were. The only time I have truly stayed in Pattaya was in hotels and that was solely for the night life. Pattaya it's self is shit hole, the surrounding area not so. If you look at Bangkok, street level sukhumvit you would have to say the same about that, also Phuket beautiful beaches and mountains but patong Shit hole, Chiang Mai nice temple and beautiful mountain, but the street where the night bizzar is? Burning season?

I think I could make bad comments about every city or town I have visited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like your post. When you find Utopia PM me.