Mercury expected to rise to 40C for North, Northeast

rooster59

Mercury expected to rise to 40C for North, Northeast

By The Nation

People in the North and Northeast are warned to brace themselves for heatwave during the day as the mercury is expected to rise to 40 Celsius degree Sunday.

In its daily weather forecast issued for 6 am Sunday to 6 am Monday, the Meteorological Department explained that a lower pressure ridge is now covering upper Thailand, resulting in rising of temperature and in heatwave during the day.

It said northern provinces are expected to see maximum temperatures from 34 to 40 degree and northeastern provinces from 36 to 40 degree.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30308753

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-12

Up here in rural Khampaeng Phet it has been 35/36/37 most days for a couple of weeks now with early mornings of 23/24/25 and it isn't even the middle of bloody March yet.

I am dreading April as it is generally hotter than March.

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's not the heat, it's the lack of wind up there. One good reason to live near the sea.

Quite agree. Living on an upper floor in a condo near the sea, with the windows open pretty much 24/7, as long as there's a breeze ... and there usually is ... I rarely feel the need to resort to using the A/C.

On the other hand, when visiting Bangkok, with the buildings holding heat and blocking air movement, the A/C is more of a necessity for comfort even though the weather is pretty much the same as here in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's not the heat, it's the lack of wind up there. One good reason to live near the sea.

I, like many others, have lived here long enough to get used to the hot air, meteorological and political. To get relief from the former I just jump in the hot tub.

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I live in the North near Phayao and has been windy here for the last 2 days.  

Edited by ripstanley

14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It`s the winds that really scare me.

Up here in Chiang Mai the months of March and April seem to become hotter each year. Over the last 3 years each time there is a storm it is accompanied by fierce winds that are like 20 minute hurricanes of 80mph gales. So strong that I`ve been worried the windows will blow in. During these times my GF and I have been cowering in fear at the corner of the living room praying and hoping that it won`t blow the house down, really, it`s become that bad.

Now during this period each time I hear thunder in the distance and can feel the winds picking up, I start bracing myself, it has become a big problem. Hoping that this year these storms will not be so severe.

In rural Khampaeng Phet next to the Mae Wong national park it was 36C in my bedroom when I went up for an afternoon kip yesterday.

The only good news is the we still have the government water supply, just. I filled storage 4 ongs on Friday, about 6,000 litres and it took 9 hours.

I'm a trip down to the south now, in Bangkok and Pattaya.  The difference is the humidity. I started sweating within a couple of minutes , In CM it's not as humid and that's a good thing. Still a light breeze from the sea here helps a lot.