Teen, 15, hopeful to find British dad who abandoned him via Facebook

webfact

Teen, 15, hopeful to find British dad who abandoned him via Facebook

By Coconuts Bangkok

co.jpg

Photos: Tawan Scheer/ Facebook

BANGKOK: -- Jamie, a 15-year-old teen in Thailand, is hoping to reunite with his British father after the boy was abandoned when he was only two months old.

Facebook user Tawan Scheer shared information about Jamie and pleaded with netizens to help share the post so that the teen can reunite with his father, identified as Richard Williams from Ilford, England, according to information on his passport.

The March 11 post, which contains old photographs of the Brit holding Jamie when he was a baby, said: “Please help a boy to meet his British father. Jamie, 15, is now studying in Mathayom 4 level. He wants to meet his dad just once in his life. His dad went back to the UK when Jamie was only two months old, and he never contacted the boy again. Now Jamie is living with his grandmother. Folks, please share and help look for this man in the photo.”

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/teen-15-hopeful-find-british-dad-abandoned-via-facebook/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-03-13

I hope the father doesn`t turn out to be another dead beat fly by night Farlang. In England there is no way he could have just walked away like had. He would had been stung for child maintenance and made to face up to his responsibilities. 

Would be wonderful if the father bonded with his son and became a real dad. But I`m not raising my expectations and hope the boy doesn`t end up bitterly disappointed.

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Jumping to conclusions solely on evidence presented via a Thai media outlets happens daily on this website. I won't comment beyond that as I'm fairly sure what direction this'll go...

Dad's already been in touch.

Coming out in three months time.

Or so he says.

As no-one is conversant with the situation of this man in the past it is not fair to pass judgement on him.

He has said he will be here in a few months, so good luck to the whole family.....I hope it works for them..:thumbsup:

From the headline, I thought that Facebook had added an extra option alongside the "unfriend" one. Fed up with your children? Click the "Abandon" button and publicly disown them.  Now all that's needed is a "divorce" option and you can break up the family without interrupting your valuable social networking time.

Based on real stories:

Maybe the father ran for his life after the mom put a hit on the new dad?

Maybe the father ran for his life after the mom's thai ex boyfriend threatened his life?

Maybe the father ran for his life after police needed a scapegoat for a murder?

Maybe the father ran for his life after a teacher threw a mug at his face?

Maybe the father ran for his life after death due to fired guns at the wedding?

Maybe the father ran for his life after _______?

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

You'd have a little more sympathy if you'd ever been in the position of either party or jumped through family court hoops in your homeland.

I have experience of that, and it dosen´t make it better! Still a kick in the nuts, on the irresponsible dork of a father.
If run away and not accept responsibility for his actions, he is nothing more than a useless sack of shit.

No sympathy needed or existing on this earth!

1 hour ago, stravers said:

Based on real stories:

Maybe the father ran for his life after the mom put a hit on the new dad?

Maybe the father ran for his life after the mom's thai ex boyfriend threatened his life?

Maybe the father ran for his life after police needed a scapegoat for a murder?

Maybe the father ran for his life after a teacher threw a mug at his face?

Maybe the father ran for his life after death due to fired guns at the wedding?

Maybe the father ran for his life after _______?

What is the point of irrelevant speculation based on real but irrelevant stories.

35 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I have experience of that, and it dosen´t make it better! Still a kick in the nuts, on the irresponsible dork of a father.
If run away and not accept responsibility for his actions, he is nothing more than a useless sack of shit.

How about some sympathy for the son?

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Maybe you only heard the sanitised story for Thai consumption.

As in blame the farang.

Maybe ask yourself why mum dumped the son with granny.

I guess there is much more to this as you and I will ever know.

You really have got to feel for the kid......

My dad went to the shops to get fags when I was only 7 years old, and he never returned.

-

Growing up I used to get really mad just thinking about it,

the thought that he is out there somewhere, just walking around....

.......with my fags.

..........:coffee1:

This happens everyday. I have a Laotian friend that got a child with a British guy, he left for UK when the child was newborn, he did send some money (£100) one time when the boy was 2 months old and stopped calling/answering the phones or mail when the boy was about 3 months old. Now that boy is about 1.5 years old, don't know his father and miss his mum most of the time.

That's because she left her child with grandmother in Laos so that she could go to Thailand to work and earn money to support her son as the deadbeat father don't give any support at all!

55 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Maybe you only heard the sanitised story for Thai consumption.

As in blame the farang.

Maybe ask yourself why mum dumped the son with granny.

I guess there is much more to this as you and I will ever know.

2 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

This happens everyday. I have a Laotian friend that got a child with a British guy, he left for UK when the child was newborn, he did send some money (£100) one time when the boy was 2 months old and stopped calling/answering the phones or mail when the boy was about 3 months old. Now that boy is about 1.5 years old, don't know his father and miss his mum most of the time.

That's because she left her child with grandmother in Laos so that she could go to Thailand to work and earn money to support her son as the deadbeat father don't give any support at all!

Where are you from & how did you meet? If I were into this stereotyping lark my guess would have to be while riding a buffalo past her farm...

15 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I hope the father doesn`t turn out to be another dead beat fly by night Farlang. In England there is no way he could have just walked away like had. He would had been stung for child maintenance and made to face up to his responsibilities. 

Would be wonderful if the father bonded with his son and became a real dad. But I`m not raising my expectations and hope the boy doesn`t end up bitterly disappointed.

It is easy enough to avoid paying the ridiculous demands of the CSA in England.

If they asked for reasonable payments more people would be happy to pay for their children's upkeep.

Comment based on personal experience.

Well I hope the young man kicks his "father" firmly in the nuts and tells him to p*ss off back to England.

Hardly likely chum, since he is the one hopeful to reunite. Derr. No excuse walking from a kid and all that, but you don't know the circumstances surrounding the woman/family.

Maybe he's an <deleted> and abandoned his kid.  Or maybe he had reason to believe the child wasn't his because mommy was a <deleted>.  I'll wait to pass judgment. If it's his kid, he should take care of him.  My dad died when i was a child so i kind of understand the boy's desire to have a father.

1 minute ago, Elkski said:

he does look like dad.  how would his friends and maybe current wife feel to learn dad was dead beat?

Was dad a deadbeat? What are the exact circumstances that make him a dead beat?  I remember growing up and not seeing my father after I was 5 yrs old until I was 21 and tracked him down.  I have a great relationship with my father now and totally despise my mother.  She constantly moved around with us and after I made contact with him my mother threw me out of the house.  People not knowing my story might say my father was a deadbeat dad.

This thread exemplifies a worrying trend; family members harrassing each other on social media (like Facebook), making claims against close relatives without providing any relevant proof and without giving the "defendant" any opportunity to provide an alternative perspective.. I wonder if the boy understands what civil or human rights represent and why certain protocols need to apply to public media.  It is on dangerous ground, especially when a thoughtless person decides to expose some controversial, delicate, personal issues.  It seems unhealthy to shatter a person's privacy.

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

Was dad a deadbeat? What are the exact circumstances that make him a dead beat?  I remember growing up and not seeing my father after I was 5 yrs old until I was 21 and tracked him down.  I have a great relationship with my father now and totally despise my mother.  She constantly moved around with us and after I made contact with him my mother threw me out of the house.  People not knowing my story might say my father was a deadbeat dad.

Any adult child subjected to the above should pursue a case against the state for violating their right to family life once old enough to come out of that 'interests of the child' baloney that is used to beat fathers in secretive and extremely biased family courts in the west.

They won't get away with it forever.

https://fnf.org.uk/

If I hadn't experienced it for myself for a full 8 years I'd never have believed it.

Archived