Surin vendors upset over exclusion from 10-percent zone

snoop1130

Surin vendors upset over exclusion from 10-percent zone

Kongleaphy Keam

1_201731317219351_nXBjzjXDniNBMRwbZuksjXqBOZTztEygczQbjnfW_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- A number of vendors working in the vicinity of Surin this morning submitted a letter to the Cherng Talay OrBorTor demanding a 10-percent zone to operate in, similar to the arrangement at other Phuket beaches (except Laem Sing which is now apparently private).

Surin, which previously operated under the 10 percent rule, was converted to a ‘virgin beach’ in late 2015 by Cherng Talay OrBorTor President Ma-ann Samran, who cited the vendors’ failure to follow rules as the reason behind the change. Since then, no vendors have been allowed on its sands.

It was then declared as a ‘Beach of Honor’ in June last year, in honor of HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej and HM Queen Sirikit’s visit to it in 1959. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Surin-vendors-upset-exclusion-10percent-zone/66365?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-3-13

On a country wide scale, this is why we had a coup. Politicians acted like children and wouldn't obey basic rules.

There is a beach, where vendors are too greedy and dumb to follow rules. You have a beach "coup" kicking them off.

Others, who have been bad, but not repeatedly stupid get 10% rules.

So now the worst offenders are told, "tell us how you will behave properly, since you had no concept of it before."

They should be "requesting" 10%, not demanding it, and should quite rightly be asked to explain how they will achieve behavioural levels that previously were beyond them.

Personally, I think if they were too too stupid and greedy before, giving them a foot in the door now will be a mistake.

First time I went to Surin Beach in 2007 I thought WOW! what a nice place to hang out... Last time I went last year I thought Wow! what a $ hi tHole, seriously gone from a top notch place to a refuse dump.

My first visit to Surin beach in 1982 found a long stretch of unspoilt beach and no, repeat no vendors or buildings of any kind. Absolute beauty, nature at it's best. The waves crashing in  on the shore and complete tranquility.

Now it's a cesspit.

Of course people my age long for the past. Can anyone say that today's Phuket is better?