F1 2017

Mosha

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Disaster !!
Clicked on Teatime tv to watch the race as usual and it’s got a 6 hour lag on it ( instead of the usual 5 minutes ), same on iPhone and iPad !!
What’s going on !!

always best to have a few different feeds, + get up and running a hour before lights out so you can try a few different ones to find the best...     Odd Qualifying was perfect on Channel 4, but there was NO live race on 4..  Sports Devil and Made in Canada were fine

2018 will see F1 on ESPN, that maybe fun, have lots more feeds for ESPN/

On 10/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, ignis said:

2018 will see F1 on ESPN, that maybe fun, have lots more feeds for ESPN/

I hope it's not going to be like NBCSN... :dry:

They re-broadcast (live) an F1 feed from Sky Sports F1, but it is riddled with advertisements and you can miss some of the action.

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

How long does it take a F1 Ferrari mechanic to change a spark plug?

maybe the rest of the year ?  at least if he is not on the Race track he can't run in to other cars then blame them.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Lewis take F1 Drivers championship tonight???

Probably not, he needs to win 16 more points than Seb and 3 more than Valtteri.

But there again LH  has a white wash to complete and Seb is so desperate I can see him taking out another driver at the first corner and if it is Kimi    ...well Ferrari will be in the market for another driver for the rest of the season and next year

Edited by Basil B

Will Lewis take F1 Drivers championship tonight???

Probably not, he needs to win 16 more points than Seb and 3 more than Valtteri.

But there again LH  has a white wash to complete and Seb is so desperate I can see him taking out another driver at the first corner and if it is Kimi    ...well Ferrari will be in the market for another driver for the rest of the season and next year

My heart says hopes so
My head says doubtful.

*Unfortunately, I’ve been reading on forums and MSM that many are curious as to see if Lewis will stand or kneel during the US Anthem.
Personally, it’s a no brainier & I’m sure Lewis & Mercedes know the common sense option.

*excuse the thread drift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, citybiker said:

My heart says hopes so
My head says doubtful.

*Unfortunately, I’ve been reading on forums and MSM that many are curious as to see if Lewis will stand or kneel during the US Anthem.
Personally, it’s a no brainier & I’m sure Lewis & Mercedes know the common sense option.

*excuse the thread drift.

Lewis Hamilton has launched a veiled attack on President Donald Trump on the eve of the United States Grand Prix - but says he has rowed back on plans to protest during the Star-Spangled Banner.

Hamilton claimed at last month's Malaysian Grand Prix that he would consider following in the footsteps of NFL players who have knelt during the American national anthem in protest at racial inequality in the country.

The 32-year-old Briton - Formula One's first and only black champion, who could seal his fourth world title in Austin this weekend - has been vocal in his support of the so-called 'take the knee' movement and his distaste of Trump and his administration.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/lewis-hamilton-decides-against-kneeling-during-american-national-anthem-before-us-grand-prix-a3663256.html

Unless other drivers are going to as well he is better off not doing so.

Edited by Basil B

Mexico GP - results. Say your 1-2-3 before the race starts.

1) Vettel

2) Verstappen

3) Botta

Btw. Are you going to watch the race which starts at 2am?

OK will/when will Hamilton surpass Schumachers 7 world championships and 91 race wins?

My thoughts:

He will almost certainly surpass Schumachers 91 wins by 2020 if Mercedes continue with making a superior car.

8 World championships is a far more difficult target, as he will have new blood challenging him in the next few years.

Contenders:

Max certainly

Bottas, is learning from Hamilton but only a few years younger

Vettel, more at home on the dodgems, past his prime and should be put out to graze 

Riccardo, very likable chap but only good to make the numbers up on the podium

Ocon, can do better with with a better ride

Räikkönen, too long in the tooth

Stoll, maybe...

Edited by Basil B

OK will/when will Hamilton surpass Schumachers 7 world championships and 91 race wins?

My thoughts:
He will almost certainly surpass Schumachers 91 wins by 2020 if Mercedes continue with making a superior car.
8 World championships is a far more difficult target, as he will have new blood challenging him in the next few years.

Contenders:

Max certainly

Bottas, is learning from Hamilton but only a few years younger

Vettel, more at home on the dodgems, past his prime and should be put out to graze 

Riccardo, very likable chap but only good to make the numbers up on the podium

Ocon, can do better with with a better ride

Räikkönen, too long in the tooth

Stoll, maybe...

I think Mercedes will struggle to maintain a reliable car for Lewis but it is possible. Red Bull & Ferrari will ensure the pressure is firmly applied to ensure Lewis is unable to go for his 5th.

Max, Ricardo, Vettel & Bottas all the ability if less clumsy mistakes are made in the opening laps for 2018.

Potential from Ocon & Stoll if they’re given a reliable car.

2018 should be interesting.