Police arrest woman dubbed ‘Thailand’s cruelest mother’

rooster59

Police arrest woman dubbed ‘Thailand’s cruelest mother’

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQzNy8yMTg1NzkwL25ld3MwOS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Police in Nonthaburi have arrested a woman who used plastic cord to tie her son to metal railings as a punishment for being naughty.

During the incident, which was caught on camera, the woman can be seen holding the child’s head down with her foot, while attempting to wrap the plastic cord around his arms and body.

The young boy who Sanook News said is around 11 years old can be heard crying out in pain, saying “I'm hurt, I can't breathe”.

Police became aware of the incident, which happened outside a temple close to the Pak Kret market, after the footage was uploaded to the YouLike Facebook page where it has been viewed more than 3.6 million times.

An officer from Nonthaburi police confirmed the woman had been arrested, saying that she had “a bad heart”.

He said that while the person who took the video may not have done anything to stop the incident, recording the footage meant that police were able to act quickly and arrest the woman.

Under questioning, the woman admitted her behaviour was unacceptable but said she wanted to punish her son for stealing money from her so he could play games at an internet cafe.

Police confirmed the woman will be prosecuted and that officials from Department of Children and Youth, as well as local social workers are also investigating the incident.

People commenting on Facebook branded the unnamed woman “vile” and “cruel” and said she was not fit to be a mother, while others questioned her sanity and said she could be suffering from mental health problems.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-19

crickey  ......   '  a bad heart '     

I'd say she's just a bad <deleted>  .....     put her in the slammer for a couple of months ...

who knows what she does at home to the poor kid  .....:shock1:

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out of post. 8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Some people with kids are nothing but a sad and poor excuse for a parent,

while now days you need a permit for just about everything in fife, having

a child and maltreat them to the point of sheer brutality and inhumanity is

a allowed and free for all....

18 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Some people with kids are nothing but a sad and poor excuse for a parent,

while now days you need a permit for just about everything in fife, having

a child and maltreat them to the point of sheer brutality and inhumanity is

a allowed and free for all....

Try doing this to a soi dog and watch citizens intervene.

What an extremely poor excuse of a mother. Actually a poor excuse for a human beeing.
Maybe some crazy people here only understand the old rules.
Tie her up to a pole with electrical cord and connect it to the pole, then everyone can see her dance a while for her actions.

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Stealing money? He will be in and out of the system soon and a liability to the public...

why no mention about the father?

Why?.... the father had no connection with this incident, he could have been at work earning a living for his family.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

An officer from Nonthaburi police confirmed the woman had been arrested, saying that she had “a bad heart”.

Or is at the end of her tether and can't cope with an unruly son.

Yes what she did is wrong and she should be punished for her actions.

However she also needs help not moronic comments from this member of the BIB and others.

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Or is at the end of her tether and can't cope with an unruly son.

Yes what she did is wrong and she should be punished for her actions.

However she also needs help not moronic comments from this member of the BIB and others.

Agreed.  She needs help.  For the sake of her family- which, like it or not -count on her.

I wonder which meaning of "bad heart" was intended here.  Could be a bad ticker, or could be a black heart.

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Truly unbelievable the people wandering past and not one does anything to stop it.

Good.

I'm liking all those videos coming out depicting women doing violent/dangerous/shitty stuff too, might finally serve as a wake up call to all those millions of cucks and white knights still singing the mantra of "Sugar and spice and everything nice" when they have their fair share of bad apples too. Once we can start being real about this "equality" thing we really can have a better society overall. Although tough luck on the boy and he does have my sympathy, his abuse caught on camera is "desperately" needed for some odd reason.

“…she wanted to punish her son for stealing money from her so he could play games at an internet cafe.

Abusers always have someone to blame for their actions. She was the one who raised him and was supposed to teach him right from wrong and how to act in society. Why does she think that her role as a mother ended and did not begin when she pushed him out? I won't even try and guess where the father is. So many men have no concept that fatherhood doesn't end after he had his way with a woman.

Don't get too outraged. I'm sure we will hear something more horrendous in the near future.

What amazes me even more is that some of the responders have no concept of  of difference between discipline and abuse/punishment. Probably abused when young and couldn't wait to be the abuser than the abused. It's part of the abuser cycle. Let's hope they don't have the chance to be responsible for raising children.

Edited by jaltsc

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

You guys sound like a bunch of thai grandma's.

If my son did this to his mum i would buy a dogleash with a  lock and tie him to that fence for 3 whole days and let him sit in full sun there.

He would never ever steal again.

Then you could sit there with a nice cold one and listen to him dying-----"for three whole days!!!!!!"

In my hood: A guy beats his sun with a big wooden stick. After severe beating it broke on his body, the father ordered him to bring a new one. It broke too. Police arrived but did nothing. Comments from bystanders: "it is his son he can do with him whatever he wants..."

I am actually quite perplexed by the many OTP comments posted here. I’m even more flabbergasted that some moronic netizens (I really hate that stupid term!) and the usual RTP posse have branded this woman as being Thailand’s “cruelest” (superlative!) mother and as some sort of a monster.

Certainly, what she did was not warranted and she should’ve thought of another method of disciplining her son and teaching him that it was wrong to (apparently repeatedly) steal money from her. But labeling her “cruelest” mother is just laughable.

Have we all – especially the reactionary, self-righteous netizens (there it is again!) – forgotten the horror stories that frequently appear in the local press? I am talking about children scalded with boiling water, children seared with lit cigarettes, children bruised and battered to a pulp, children being stomped on their heads by their mothers or fathers or step parents.

Unfortunately, netizens’ (loathe!) memories are often as short as their typing is quick with attaching ridiculous labels to people.

Edited by Misterwhisper
fixed paragraphing

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Nothin wrong with this, her son is a thieve and deserves punishment...this is much better than beating the crap out of him, he looses face a lot when sitting there tied up like a hog.

Oh please, get real. Good parents have no need to use physical violence against their children. Parents have to bring up children with love and teach them the difference between right and wrong. Physically abusing children can never achieve anything except make their children rebel even more.

Edited by cyberfarang

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

Oh please, get real. Good parents have no need to use physical violence against their children. Parents have to bring up children with love and teach them the difference between right and wrong. Physically abusing children can never archive anything except make their children rebel even more.

Just look at how well Thai kids behave, that's the result of never punishing/correcting them...go to Central Westgate if you want to see more examples.

4 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Just look at how well Thai kids behave, that's the result of never punishing/correcting them...go to Central Westgate if you want to see more examples.

A child`s behaviour is heavily influenced by the behaviours of the parents. Adults have to set examples and guidelines for their kids. If a child constantly misbehaves is an indication of bad parenting. Using fear tactics against children is only a temporary solution to the problem, it has to be made clear to the child what it has done wrong and why.