Dual Pricing

SpokaneAl

On 21/03/2017 at 1:08 PM, Old Croc said:

There are many strange little people on this forum who really believe that speaking the language and wearing a suit when kowtowing to the hiso will make some sort of major difference to how you are treated here.

I think it's mainly a boastful mechanism.

And don't forget the Thai style tattoo and wearing an amulet, both of which, if by magic, convert a Farang into a Thai.  :biggrin:

These posts about dual pricing are beginning to get tedious. The posters don't seem to realise that dual pricing as they call it happens everywhere. My Thai friends paid twice the going Rate when they rented a car in Australia and ridiculous prices in the UK for accommodation and other expenses.
if they bothered to learn the Thai language and avoided living in Farang ghettos. They would never be charged more than Thai. I can't understand why they don't ask for a menu with prices on it. Most of us would never order a meal anywhere unless we know the price. As for the national parks 400 bt for a tourist is about the price of a coffee in their own country so they don't complain. And to me for instance, I spend twice that much on my lunch. So I say if you don't like the price don't go and stop moaning about dual pricing it's so boring for the rest of us on TV.

Yet you respond with BS rhetorical comments, brilliant! Carry on....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 20/03/2017 at 3:32 PM, gamini said:

These posts about dual pricing are beginning to get tedious. The posters don't seem to realise that dual pricing as they call it happens everywhere. My Thai friends paid twice the going Rate when they rented a car in Australia and ridiculous prices in the UK for accommodation and other expenses.

if they bothered to learn the Thai language and avoided living in Farang ghettos. They would never be charged more than Thai. I can't understand why they don't ask for a menu with prices on it. Most of us would never order a meal anywhere unless we know the price. As for the national parks 400 bt for a tourist is about the price of a coffee in their own country so they don't complain. And to me for instance, I spend twice that much on my lunch. So I say if you don't like the price don't go and stop moaning about dual pricing it's so boring for the rest of us on TV.

"And to me for instance, I spend twice that much on my lunch." - yes, but a Thai spends half as much as you for the same lunch.

Best you brush up on your Thai language.   :cheesy:

Edited by NamKangMan