Foodland supermarket coming to Royal Garden!

Jingthing

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

What happen to Tops in (bottom of Klang) --guys, haven't been back that way for a while----did it close ? did the whole centre close ? Bowling ally etc...?? I lived there when it opened--the food wasn't to bad to start with.

Tops closed. The upstairs I think is still open. It was as you say a decent grocery with some extras. They opened in the basement of TukCom over on Pattaya Tai, expanded perhaps I should say. Losing money, won't last. Their only successful venture into the Pattaya market has been the market in the basement of Central Festival Mall, which is a great store if you can afford it. The area you refer to in your post is quite restricted, sort of has a choke hold on it, and doesn't support retail businesses. God Bless You and OO.

Edited by BruceMangosteen

15 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Foodland is very good in hanging up signs with Foodland coming soon.Theprasit road Foodland sign been up nearly 3 years.i personally feel the word Soon is misleading.

Yeah, perhaps, but you have to admit they are very different situations. They actually need to build a completely new building on Thepprasit if they ever open. At Royal, the building already exists. 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, perhaps, but you have to admit they are very different situations. They actually need to build a completely new building on Thepprasit if they ever open. At Royal, the building already exists. 

True that location might open Sooner?

2 hours ago, vivid2 said:

Yes...but they have some unbelievable sales ?

IMG_0012.JPG.29e435cf4eb12b1481eba577abb8878e.JPG

Hahaha. I remember seeing Langers Cranberry juice "on special" on end-of-aisle shelves many times in Villa. And many times the price was  still the usual 160 baht regular price.  Boneheads.

3 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Wouldn't hold your breath. In Jomtien is a Foodland sign since over an Year. Coming soon.

That sign has been up for 2 years already. I've given up hoping that one will be built. That would have been a perfect location too, much better than at Royal Garden.

3 hours ago, vivid2 said:

Yes...but they have some unbelievable sales ?

IMG_0012.JPG.29e435cf4eb12b1481eba577abb8878e.JPG

LOL. You always have to be careful with specials at Villa. They often get passed through the checkout at full price, and it's a real pain to have it changed, especially if you notice late and pay with a card.

(to be fair, this happens at most supermarkets with specials. It's just that at Villa they make a real scene about it, like you're an annoyance, putting them through extra work to fix the error. They make you the bad guy)

Edited by tropo

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

That sign has been up for 2 years already. I've given up hoping that one will be built. That would have been a perfect location too, much better than at Royal Garden.

I fully agree. I would be a daily customer. So many huge condo-buildings in this location.

12 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Great, another supermarket within close range of another supermarket. 

They could have considered to rent the empty space in the Avenue; easy access and free parking

Or even this place because they badly need tenants:sad:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9436965,100.8848165,3a,55.2y,120h,95.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sygwLFJoGjkJEwzVhwlpEEg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

54 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

Due to an unexpected dearth of special forces guys and navy seals on r&r at my local watering hole tonight, we were forced to discuss the food supermarket options in Pattaya in light of the new Foodland opening at RGP.

The plans will hopefully include new elevators or possibly an escalator for access to Foodland from inside RGP since Beach Road and the RGP parking garage seem like the only options at present. There's a red/white painted kerb-side parking bay opposite the Beach Road entrance that could take half-a-dozen angle-parked Foodland shoppers. Right now, not even buses or taxis seem to be allowed to use it which is a bit bizarre.

I hope they don't plan on having shopping trolleys since the RGP parking (and the attendants) are already challenged for space with the motorbike parking now punted upstairs with the cars.

Villa would be better served moving to The Bay development on Beach (see link above) but if that is another open-plan edifice like The Avenue, I can't see it being a success beyond the already operating Starbucks and McDonald's. However, Villa's generally up-market pricing may be a better fit somewhere in Terminal 21 up at Dolphin roundabout.

We live in interesting times... and the streets were deserted tonight. Not a lot of tour buses either so the 2017 low-season 'cliff' has been officially proclaimed (by me).

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Both locations have good potential its just that Thais have another interpretation of the word soon.

I doubt there'll ever be a Foodland at the Thepprasit Road sign, so don't worry about any interpretation of soon.

35 minutes ago, tropo said:

I doubt there'll ever be a Foodland at the Thepprasit Road sign, so don't worry about any interpretation of soon.

I read an news article about one and half year ago how foodland was planning to roll out soon 20 new branches on various locations in combination with an korean pizza shop formula however nothing rolling out yet.

Edited by Destiny1990

On 3/20/2017 at 10:42 PM, tropo said:

LOL> which also sells overpriced food. I don't understand the hype of Took Lae Dee... It's good for a snack when you're out shopping and need to eat something, but who wants to sit at a counter rubbing elbows with strangers of all descriptions (drunk, smelly, sweaty, bad mannered, rude etc) when there are so many better alternatives. It'll be worse eating there when it's right in the tourist belt.

Wow! 

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

Wow! 

If you have something to say, go ahead and say it. The topic was: "Took Lae Dee is overrated". It's also more expensive than many people suggest as the serving sizes are small. There's also a problem with consistency as one day something can taste good, the next day it's tasteless, depending on who prepared it. That's apart from the insanely tight seating. I'll only eat there (Pattaya Klang branch) at quiet times, late at night or early morning. However, a Took Lae Dee at Garden Plaza will be set upon by lots of foreigners from many different countries, who don't have the type of table manners I can deal with at close quarters - no thanks! 

Edited by tropo

7 hours ago, tropo said:

If you have something to say, go ahead and say it. The topic was: "Took Lae Dee is overrated". It's also more expensive than many people suggest as the serving sizes are small. There's also a problem with consistency as one day something can taste good, the next day it's tasteless, depending on who prepared it. That's apart from the insanely tight seating. I'll only eat there (Pattaya Klang branch) at quiet times, late at night or early morning. However, a Took Lae Dee at Garden Plaza will be set upon by lots of foreigners from many different countries, who don't have the type of table manners I can deal with at close quarters - no thanks! 

Totally disagree.   Took Lae Dee is awesome and has the best value breakfast around which includes a cup of freshly brewed coffee.  The multitude of interesting characters there just add to the experience.

35 minutes ago, tazly said:

Totally disagree.   Took Lae Dee is awesome and has the best value breakfast around which includes a cup of freshly brewed coffee.  The multitude of interesting characters there just add to the experience.

Its nice they have long opening hours and see them cook in the open but quality is bit poor and menu never changes and small portions.yeah breakfast ok there i agree?

Edited by Destiny1990

48 minutes ago, tazly said:

LOL> Interesting characters?... Try the regular menu, then come back and tell me how cheap it is. I've never had their special breakfast, and I never would. I do however order eggs and they have the most expensive eggs in town and the smallest rice servings. My breakfast would be at least 4 eggs - that won't be a  bargain there.

Edited by tropo

I talked to the manager at foodland. He confirmed that Foodland at Royal Garden will be open by the mid of this year. And it will be large scale. He think that Foodland at Royal Garden Plaza will be bigger than Pattaya Klang one.

'

Next year Foodland will have another branch at Terminal 21 north Pattaya but it will be mini scale. 

On 2019 will open another branch at dark side. 

I asked for Thepasit and Sukhumvit road the way to Sattahip. The manager said those 2  branches will not be in 2020. 

12 minutes ago, champa said:

I talked to the manager at foodland. He confirmed that Foodland at Royal Garden will be open by the mid of this year. And it will be large scale. He think that Foodland at Royal Garden Plaza will be bigger than Pattaya Klang one.

'

Next year Foodland will have another branch at Terminal 21 north Pattaya but it will be mini scale. 

On 2019 will open another branch at dark side. 

I asked for Thepasit and Sukhumvit road the way to Sattahip. The manager said those 2  branches will not be in 2020. 

Gosh Theprasit road branch maybe needs to adjust their sign.2020 is far from soon.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There must be a reason why they are ALL avoiding Jomtien? Maybe Foodmart is to supermarkets what baht buses are to proper taxis.

Could it be that those thousands of empty condo's the built and still are building, don't add to the expected customer base?

I believe that foodland bought that land many years ago, when all those condo projects were started, with the assumption that all those condo's would be sold and occupied by now.

5 minutes ago, Allstars said:

Could it be that those thousands of empty condo's the built and still are building, don't add to the expected customer base?

I believe that foodland bought that land many years ago, when all those condo projects were started, with the assumption that all those condo's would be sold and occupied by now.

True not all condo building are fully occupied but there is clearly more than enough potential for a decent supermarket.i confident a seaside shopping mall gonna be planned soon in Jomtien as the momentum is going that way.