Prayut vows to buy submarines, says he can get 3-for-2 deal

webfact

28 minutes ago, travelman said:

In south East Asia , Thailand is the only country to have Aircraft carrier. Correct me if I am wrong. And Never been used to its full capacity. 

So now buying 03 submarines with the precious money of Tax Payer's is not a valid idea. Does Thailand really needs submarines as Andaman Sea is safer always due to presence of American Fleet nearby. 

My suggestion that Thailand to invest this money in Health, Education and Water Management. 

Health, Education and Water Management don't make you look hard in the World Pub, which is far more a priority of his.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, travelman said:

In south East Asia , Thailand is the only country to have Aircraft carrier. Correct me if I am wrong. And Never been used to its full capacity. 

Travelman, very PC statement:- "Never been used to its full capacity." you mean its an aircraft carrier that has never, in its Thai reincarnation, been used to actually carry aircraft! What defines a "aircraft carrier"  :shock1:

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Good job Khun Prayuth .....   the running and maintenance will create hundreds if not thousands of jobs for the Navy and third party suppliers.

Now that got me tinking! who will crew these vessels, are they nuclear! O my - jobs for Farang?

There are around 37500 schools in Thailand.
A budget of 38.000.000.000 Baht would mean that each school could spend 1 million Baht for modernization.

There are around
1000 public hospitals in Thailand.
A budget of 38.000.000.000 Baht would mean that each hospital could spend 38 million Baht for modernization.

27 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

There are around 37500 schools in Thailand.
A budget of 38.000.000.000 Baht would mean that each school could spend 1 million Baht for modernization.

There are around
1000 public hospitals in Thailand.
A budget of 38.000.000.000 Baht would mean that each hospital could spend 38 million Baht for modernization.

Yes but then the coup would have been a waste and the military wouldnt get their toys.  

Oh my god, how stupid do they look pushing this silly sub purchase. Thai face means can never go back on it now :-O

Noting is for free so initial pricing was poorly negotiated if can add a free one.

Most important issue in Thailand is water management and corruption control plus sensible expenditure of countries money and these subs are hindering all of those issues. Buck banana is 63 and if you add 6 and 3 together you get an idea of his mental age :-/

Edited by BuckBee

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Buy 2 get 1 free    :cheesy:

This is a serious matter, spending billions on toys for the boys, not shopping in Tesco.

I wonder if he can pull off a similar deal with the log books promised in 30 days, maybe a deal with amazon could seal it.

2 hours ago, Becker said:

Not to mention dozens of millionaires in the armed forces. 

:intheclub:

Aye, I can imagine the cabinet meeting... "Guys we get budget for 3, I got buy 2 get 3 deal, we can share the price of the 3rd one..."

Vote: 256 for - 0 against :clap2:

What about the follow-up costs?
A cheap entry-level model usually has high follow-up costs.
Similar to buying inkjet printers.
You get a printer for free, but the operating costs are then suck your blood out.
Soldiers have never been good merchants.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Health, Education and Water Management don't make you look hard in the World Pub, which is far more a priority of his.

100% correct:

"Thailand will buy submarines "not for battle, but so that others will be in awe of us," Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, the nation's former military chief and current head of its ruling junta, said at a 2016 press conference."

Thailand and China: Brothers in arms- Nikkei Asian Review

Edited by Enoon

If I could get him 3 particle accelerators/colliders for the cost of 2, would that purchase make any sense either?

What does Thailand need with 3 submarines?  ...Besides a little status at the o'club, that is?  Is there some sudden need to map the bottom of or chart thermal inversion layers in the GOT?   Has someone sighted an invasion armada?  'Someone's threatening to blockade Thailand?   Newsflash:  wolfpack tactics require a few more subs, and that was over 75 years ago...

Seriously?  'Nothing better to spend the cost of 2 submarines on?  (And I won't even get into total cost of ownership.)

5 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

No deep water in Thailand but we must have 3 submarine's at a cost of 36 BILLION,   Ooh and er the national health care will be to costly so all you working poor people er um yeah  STIFF...!

You can take the man out of uniform but you cannot take the uniform out of the man. 

5 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Yessir, 'fat kickback' is the word, in that way or another ... 

"But you have to take into account there's that expensive empty submarine center which needs to be stocked with subs - only for show of course, too expensive (& high-tech, let alone pretty useless) to run anyway but hey, let's just use them as 'museums', maybe like that aircraft-carrier we already wasted a fortune on ... "

:crazy: 

As the song goes "When will we ever learn."

5 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

No deep water in Thailand but we must have 3 submarine's at a cost of 36 BILLION,   Ooh and er the national health care will be to costly so all you working poor people er um yeah  STIFF...!

Remind me how many Subs Oz has and how many external threats?

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Ever the price maker, the PM over look one thing, why would you want

any submarine at all? let alone 3 of them, they cost a fortune to run

and maintain, and Thailand doesn't have enough enemies to warrant

having subs... but hey, he's not the man to pass on a bargain....

No1 notices when some % goes Into some pockets. Se talking about millions of usd.

Mr Chairman... what a serious waste of money for Thailand, just like that aircraft carrier that was purchased.  How about spending those trillions of baht on some of these... 1. Education 2. Health and Hygiene - campaign for proper waste/rubbish disposal and increase for fines 3. Road safety - campaign for driver safety and increase of fines 4. Water resources +++++++++

Can you imagine the outcry from some quarters if it were Yingluck or Thaksin pushing ahead with this scandalous waste of public money?!

Also, it is very amusing that even Mr. Thailand (ultra-nationalist) himself has to admit that even the brilliant Thais do not know how to build a submarine. What?! I thought the Thais knew everything better than everyone else.

What a joke this country is! But sadly - it's the poor and often very kind-hearted Thais who have to suffer all the increased poverty and deprivation that will result from this heinous waste of public money.

Hey, Hey how much is a submarine here?

Is 12 Billion per
piece.

I want have three then.

So it is in total 36 Billion then.

Ohhh that is too much.

You can also buy 1 for 18 Billion,
if you are buying two I will give you one for free.

Yeah that’s sound good.