Ford tempts buyers with promotions for Bangkok motor show

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

But don't ask me or any of the vastly greater number of fully satisfied Ford owners and drivers in LOS anything.

I used to own a Ford here... a Laser Tierra RS.

Great little car and it never missed a beat.

post215.jpg

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

From Wiki -

The Ford Laser was a restyled version of the Familia/323 models produced by Mazda in Japan from 1980 onwards. Ford had acquired a 25% stake in Mazda in 1979.

Actually the model I had was manufactured/assembled in the Philippines then exported to Thailand.

Here's a review.

23 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

From Wiki -

The Ford Laser was a restyled version of the Familia/323 models produced by Mazda in Japan from 1980 onwards. Ford had acquired a 25% stake in Mazda in 1979.

Correct, 

Mazda auto trans at that time were made in Japan and had no mechanical problems, ford auto trans were made in the ROC and had mechanical problems, identical design

Should have remembered our transmission problem with the lazer i bought back then and not believed the excellent reports about the new Ranger when it first came out  

Are you for real? they are thousands of miles apart.

I assure you they aren't as the crow flies but, as was already pointed out by someone else, logistically it is a different case as finished cars move by sea. However, i was involved years ago in moving engines by the planeload from South Africa for the Dagenham plant.

3 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Actually the model I had was manufactured/assembled in the Philippines then exported to Thailand.

Here's a review.

My first Ford in Thailand around 1983 was the Telstar TX5 which beyond some body panels, was virtually identical to the Mazda 626... but about 200k baht cheaper despite the Ghia styling. Great runner.

Its funny how any Ford thread gets all the Toyota, Isuzu etc fanboys on here bashing the Ford...

Never seems to happen the other way round on i.e. a Toyota topic !!!

All I can say is - Ranger XLT manual, 148,000km and not a single problem... Even my batteries last a year+ longer than Transam boys :)

See ya

Its funny how any Ford thread gets all the Toyota, Isuzu etc fanboys on here bashing the Ford...
Never seems to happen the other way round on i.e. a Toyota topic !!!

All I can say is - Ranger XLT manual, 148,000km and not a single problem... Even my batteries last a year+ longer than Transam boys :)

See ya

I know. It's strange when you consider how much better the Ford products are compared to the turgid krap Toyata hoodwinks people into buying.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I know. It's strange when you consider how much better the Ford products are compared to the turgid krap Toyata hoodwinks people into buying.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I rented a turgid krap Revo in Udon last week for 4 days. The 2.8 engine was quieter than My Ranger 3.2 but I never got the opportunity to give it a thrash. The ride was smoother but it was newer and had less miles and better tires than mine. Handling was decent though.

But that interior and that dashboard with the stick-on looking display screen right in the middle. Somebody should have been shot for that adventure in mismatching hard plastic with clashing angles and strips of brightwork that reflect sunshine on the driver and passenger windows right where the wing mirrors are. Godawful!

18 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well you are not always correct, and his was made in Belgium according to the plate under the bonnet, suck on it!

It must be a fake. Never made in Europe.

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You must be joking.

Sorry, I don't see your point. There are no moose in upper Isaan.

...and I don't drive like a Scandihooligan either.

In the meantime, I'll just chill and wait for the proud and happy Revo owners to step up with their adulation for the aesthetics of the trucks interior design.

Edited by NanLaew

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Sorry, I don't see your point. There are no moose in upper Isaan.

...and I don't drive like a Scandihooligan either.

Thailand and Isaan are the hub of moose, there is one behind every corner, and few between each corner as well.

Ford Ranger 2.2 auto 4x4 dual cab received it new in Sept 2012, When 18 months old and traveled 28,000 klm the auto would stick in about 3/4 gear in the morning and not change gears, was told by ford motor company to pull over stop and restart the engine and then it would start change gears properly which it does ( happened on the weekend so i phoned ford bangkok)

So they already new about this Auto transmission problem

Now done 63.000 klm and 53 months old, still has the same problem after replacing many parts, i checked internet forums on ford rangers about 2.5 years ago ( aust and South africa) and ford ranger owners suggested it was the valve body which i informed ford about but they still did not change at that time but replaced other transmission parts instead and the problem was still there

Eventually replaced the valve body with another used faulty one they had which did almost the same thing and confirmed the valve body was causing the problem, they could not supply a new valve body and had to order one

After another about 3 weeks i demanded thy fix the problem as they new what was causing it, They had the ranger in their workshop for a week again and claimed to have fixed the problem 

After about 2 weeks it stuck in gear again but only one time and then ran perfectly for months and then the problem returned

I think they must have combined parts  from the 2 valve body's and the valves  involved as a temporary repair which worked for awhile, they said they took a valve body from a new ranger in stock but i do not believe them

Also replaced all the gauges because of a faulty tachometer light ( a complete sealed unit you cannot just replace the globe) the air inlet hose between the air intercooler and the engine, and the intercooler  they charged me for this item claiming i damaged it, its mounted between the grill and radiator and your cannot even see it without removing the grill and top panel so how could i have caused this problem, just paid to keep them happy

They had the part in stock at the dealer, they do not carry unusual parts unless they are a recall item from my personal experience with ford dealers in Thailand only

I have owned over 20 new and secondhand vehicles in my life and had more problems with this ranger i bought new than all the other vehicles i have owned combined

Edited by madmax2

5 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Ford Ranger 2.2 auto 4x4 dual cab received it new in Sept 2012, When 18 months old and traveled 28,000 klm the auto would stick in about 3/4 gear in the morning and not change gears, was told by ford motor company to pull over stop and restart the engine and then it would start change gears properly which it does ( happened on the weekend so i phoned ford bangkok)

So they already new about this Auto transmission problem

Now done 63.000 klm and 53 months old, still has the same problem after replacing many parts, i checked internet forums on ford rangers about 2.5 years ago ( aust and South africa) and ford ranger owners suggested it was the valve body which i informed ford about but they still did not change at that time but replaced other transmission parts instead and the problem was still there

Eventually replaced the valve body with another used faulty one they had which did almost the same thing and confirmed the valve body was causing the problem, they could not supply a new valve body and had to order one

After another about 3 weeks i demanded thy fix the problem as they new what was causing it, They had the ranger in their workshop for a week again and claimed to have fixed the problem 

After about 2 weeks it stuck in gear again but only one time and then ran perfectly for months and then the problem returned

I think they must have combined parts  from the 2 valve body's and the valves  involved as a temporary repair which worked for awhile, they said they took a valve body from a new ranger in stock but i do not believe them

Also replaced all the gauges because of a faulty tachometer light ( a complete sealed unit you cannot just replace the globe) the air inlet hose between the air intercooler and the engine, and the intercooler  they charged me for this item claiming i damaged it, its mounted between the grill and radiator and your cannot even see it without removing the grill and top panel so how could i have caused this problem, just paid to keep them happy

They had the part in stock at the dealer, they do not carry unusual parts unless they are a recall item from my personal experience with ford dealers in Thailand only

I have owned over 20 new and secondhand vehicles in my life and had more problems with this ranger i bought new than all the other vehicles i have owned combined

Finally. A bad Ranger owner operator speaks up on TV. Can you name the the location of the dealership that seriously dicked you around on this? Don't name it directly, the city/town where it is located will suffice and may be good for future reference.

There's no denying that there are Ford lemons and even more sub-standard dealer service shops. I think the biggest problem is the latter. For example, my 60,000 km Ranger WT 3.2 has had items replaced under warranty that I pointed out to them as well as items that they noted during regular servicing. Parts required have been in-hand within 24-hours. After scheduling the shop appointment, typically 2-5 days wait, the truck has been repaired with the longest repair taking about 4 hours.

2 hours ago, naboo said:

Ford Ranger owner here. Bought new in 2011, biggest problem was a flat battery.

A manual though, only Americans and girls drive autos.

Seems Americans and birds have great sense.....Oh and me...:stoner: