Comedian's son still not charged for fatal car crash

snoop1130

Comedian's son still not charged for fatal car crash

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

crash.ani_.gif

PATHUM THANI — Police said Wednesday they had yet to charge or even question the son of a famous actor involved in a fatal high-speed auto accident earlier this week.

Kittiphum Iamsook, 28, slammed his BMW into another car at a U-turn in Pathum Thani on Monday, killing a 47-year-old engineer inside. Kittiphum was still in the hospital Wednesday for what are said to be minor injuries to his arms and chest, while his father publicly apologized on his behalf.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/03/22/comedians-son-still-not-charged-fatal-car-crash/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-3-22

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Charge him with what? T-Boning a retard that pulled a U-Turn without stopping to bother to check if it was safe?

It is possible he was speeding, but it was the responsibility of the person doing the U-Turn to make sure it was safe to do so.

The guy to my mind is essentially blameless and any charges would be wrong. Poor fella just killed a man that pulled a stupid move right in front of him.

None of us could have avoided that collision.

This one is far less clear cut than many. Obviously the guy doing the U-Turn has misjudged his timing, and perhaps the speed of the oncoming car. The guy in the BMW appears to be going at fairly high speed, and experienced and careful drivers anticipate these type of issues at U-Turns and ease of the throttle and prepare to break or take avoiding action.

The fact the BMW was in the left hand lane may indicate he did see the car coming and went over to the left to try and go through, and perhaps the U turn car misread the intentions. 

Either way, it is far from conclusive and from the limited viewing on the video, perhaps some fault can be laid on both. 

33 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Charge him with what? T-Boning a retard that pulled a U-Turn without stopping to bother to check if it was safe?

It is possible he was speeding, but it was the responsibility of the person doing the U-Turn to make sure it was safe to do so.

The guy to my mind is essentially blameless and any charges would be wrong. Poor fella just killed a man that pulled a stupid move right in front of him.

Then you are ignorant of the law, if he was speeding then he is at least partly to blame and should be charged accordingly.  And he is the poor man, the one who killed not the one who was killed, is this an attempt at satire?

Anyone could have avoided that collision had they of been driving slowly, do you know the speed limit at that junction?  

11 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Speed Kills and he was clocking it, love to see up the road was the intersection on a bend or straight?, if a straight he could have seen it and took action but not at that stupid speed. Charge should be death by dangerous driving

The BMW pulling out is white, the oncoming car must have seen it pulling out. My guess is the oncoming car thought the BMW would have seen a car was coming and would have waited. But it didn't and by then the gap to get through on the left hand lane was too small. The car try to squeeze through by increasing speed but it was too late and collided with the BMW. Whose fault was it? IMO the BMW does not need 3 lanes of road to make a u-turn. It could have u-turned in half the space. Another factor in this car crash was it was all captured on CCTV so a ruling on whose to blame is easy for the court to decide.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

If the BMW wasn't travelling at warp speed, he might have actually been able to avoid hitting and killing the guy making the u-turn, yes accidents do happen, and he could have well been killed himself, but we all play an equal role on the roads to drive saftely, to add, the 28 year old driving the BMW was on his way home, he would be familiar with the road, and I am sure he knows the spot, the problem here IMO is that the majority of Thai drivers that I have come across wear blinkers when speeding, and do not slow down, even in built up areas, like I said, we all have a role to play driving safetly, it is a weak excuse to only say that the deceased turned in front of him at point blank, it would be fairer to also say if the BMW wasn't going as fast as he was going, he might have had time to apply his brakes and stop, or avoid the collision, or lesson the impact so that the other driver might be alive today, two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, esprit said:

and why should he be ? his life was put in danger by the idiot driver doing the U turn.

I would apportion blame at both drivers, the BMW is very obviously travelling at a very high speed

The report contains no information about speed limit at the junction/U-turn.

No estimation of speed at impact.

Result of alcohol test not revealed (yet). And maybe mysteriously gone missing as in other hiso cases.

It's hard to see from the video how much time was left to react for the BMW driver.

A proper accident investigation would reveal all that and you can bet that the BMW driver would not come out clear.

How can you blame all fault on the deceased?

For me this is just another argument to avoid nightly rides if possible.

23 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

Are you retards looking at the same video I am? the guy making the right hand turn OBVIOUSLY misjudged the speed of the on coming car! He was in the wrong ....sorry about his death....but he was in the wrong!

No, it's just that some retards seem to think that someone can drive as fast as they like and anything that gets in their way is in the wrong, quite retarded indeed, thankfully the law disagrees with that sort of retarded viewpoint.

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

did you happen to notice the speed he was travelling at?

Do you think that it was a lot faster than one of the cars that went past just after

I think that this was a case where side and curtain air bags may very well have saved the U-Turn guys life. Still have somewhat of a headache probably. 

26 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Do you think that it was a lot faster than one of the cars that went past just after

I think that this was a case where side and curtain air bags may very well have saved the U-Turn guys life. Still have somewhat of a headache probably. 

What would other drivers also speeding do to negate the guilt of a speeding driver who kills someone?

29 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I doubt it, the speed of the BMW could be worked out from the cctv footage but it looks to me like he was doing in excess of 170kph probably well over 200kph, the guy doing the u-turn  probably had a quick glance and was unaware of the speed of the approaching headlights (which is all he would have seen), there where probably several headlights in that view making it even more difficult to see a vehicle travelling at high speed, if I am right then the BMW was doing something like almost 4x the speed limit for that road, people he passed could pretty much verify that he was speeding, it is very difficult to work out the speed of a vehicle at night coming towards you, all you see is headlights mixed in with other headlights.

Edited by smedly

when I am driving I slow way down at junctions and u-turns especially if there is a motorbike or vehicle waiting to do a turn, I rarely drive/ride at night because it is too dangerous here. too many idiots drunk and/or speeding, at night the stupidity gauge goes off the scale - daytime is bad enough 

4 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

What would other drivers also speeding do to negate the guilt of a speeding driver who kills someone?

I don't quite understand where you are coming from but what do you suggest please ...

4 hours ago, smedly said:

when I am driving I slow way down at junctions and u-turns especially if there is a motorbike or vehicle waiting to do a turn, I rarely drive/ride at night because it is too dangerous here. too many idiots drunk and/or speeding, at night the stupidity gauge goes off the scale - daytime is bad enough 

And I get into the  left hand lane. Can't understand those who stay in the outside lane near U-turns when they can see someone waiting to turn.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I doubt it, the speed of the BMW could be worked out from the cctv footage but it looks to me like he was doing in excess of 170kph probably well over 200kph, the guy doing the u-turn  probably had a quick glance and was unaware of the speed of the approaching headlights (which is all he would have seen), there where probably several headlights in that view making it even more difficult to see a vehicle travelling at high speed, if I am right then the BMW was doing something like almost 4x the speed limit for that road, people he passed could pretty much verify that he was speeding, it is very difficult to work out the speed of a vehicle at night coming towards you, all you see is headlights mixed in with other headlights.

Seeing headlights is the only reason he needed to have waited. 

And you don't take a quick glance when waiting to do you U-turn, you make sure the road is clear for you to do so.

8 minutes ago, berybert said:

Seeing headlights is the only reason he needed to have waited. 

And you don't take a quick glance when waiting to do you U-turn, you make sure the road is clear for you to do so.

you look for a gap in the traffic large enough for you to make the turn, that gap might seem big at night but when a vehicle is travelling at over 200kph unfortunately it isn't

I still blame both drivers as they both contributed to the collision - one for speeding and the other for pulling out when it wasn't safe, if either of them had been driving safely the incident would 100% have been avoided 

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

you look for a gap in the traffic large enough for you to make the turn, that gap might seem big at night but when a vehicle is travelling at over 200kph unfortunately it isn't

I still blame both drivers as they both contributed to the collision - one for speeding and the other for pulling out when it wasn't safe, if either of them had been driving safely the incident would 100% have been avoided 

I blame the one pulling out. And there is no proof anyone was doing 200kpm.

Tho I do think these U-turns should be closed off. They contribute to a lot of deaths.

I blame the one pulling out as well, he crossed 3 lanes not giving the approaching driver anywhere to go. He made no attempt to stay in one lane and accelerate up to the speed of the traffic.

6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I don't quite understand where you are coming from but what do you suggest please ...

I am suggesting anything, I just don't see the relevance in the fact that other cars were also driving at the same speed as the one who crashed, many people speeding does not make it any less of a crime to kill someone while speeding. 

14 hours ago, Psimbo said:

did you happen to notice the speed he was travelling at?

Doesn't matter. Even at slower speeds the crash would have occurred. He made the U-turn without looking at oncoming traffic, and was traveling ridiculously slow. If he had made the turn at a respectable speed (faster than a turtle) the crash might have been avoided  altogether. Even if the other driver was traveling at 200 km/hr, the guy making the U-turn should have seen him approaching at that speed, if he had been looking up the road in the first place. 

Yes, he might have been driving at a dangerous speed, and somewhere down the road a crash could have been his fault alone, but not in this case. This is a culture where the wealthy and entitled do get away with murder. However, this is not one of those situations.