Video: Who needs a Hollywood car chase when you've got Thailand!

rooster59

Video: Who needs a Hollywood car chase when you've got Thailand!

video.PNG

Image: Sanook

A video of a pick-up racing through heavy traffic has been viewed more than two million times after it was posted on Facebook.

And no wonder - the footage is incredible even for the driving that many motorists experience in Thailand.

The pick-up loaded with what appears to be building materials sticking out the end is chased by another vehicle that has a dash cam.

Despite going through gaps barely wide enough it manages to keep going - damaging 20 other vehicles in the process.

Eventually it crashes into the central reservation spilling its contents out the rear.

Sanook.cok reported that the footage was uploaded to the page of "Nipon Singto" where 2 million people viewed it within three hours. The poster say it was like Fast and Furious and was "coming to a theater near you".

Police have made an arrest.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-25

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had someone behind  me like this once trying to push thru the inside when there sure wasnt enough room the traffic was moving normally and no hold  ups, I was in a  queue of about 5  cars, it got to the point where i thought  , Ok pal if you dont stop doing this  Im pushing you into the ditch as I was on the main road  carriageway and he was trying to squeeze thru the "motorcycle lane"

He  did this for about 4-5  minutes and then suddenly turned left and disappeared.........crazy

Viewed more than 2 million times... how frivolous and time wasting social

media has become that millions of people find the time to watch it

while surly neglecting other, more important thing in everyday chores...

42 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm a little curious about who's taking the video, and how crazy their driving must have been to keep up with this nimrod.

A motorcyclist judging by the gaps he went through. You see his arm at about 45 seconds, BiB uniform??

8 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not so much worse than the past...  We used to spend a lot of our slack time picking lint out of our navels.  This is just about as constructive.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

A motorcyclist judging by the gaps he went through. You see his arm at about 45 seconds, BiB uniform??

Yes, I think you could be right about the rider being BIB. The arm could be a futile gesture to - STOP!

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Folks used to sit for mind numbing hours watching TV! The other one. The TV where you don't even have to be interactive. (other than the remote!)

Edited by Moonlover

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Oh, the irony....

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I'm a little curious about who's taking the video, and how crazy their driving must have been to keep up with this nimrod.

Motorcycle cop I think. At one point you see him point, like, pull over. That's frightening footage.

13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Yes, I think you could be right about the rider being BIB. The arm could be a futile gesture to - STOP!

When I think about it maybe not BiB. Surely a police officer would not be allowed to post incriminating evidence on social media. Yer, I know. TiT.

21 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Folks used to sit for mind numbing hours watching TV! The other one. The TV where you don't even have to be interactive. (other than the remote!)

What! Have you never screamed at the TV? :shock1::smile:

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

It was a cop chasing on a motorbike.

Yes, despite my earlier comment, I'm sure you're right. It all fits the scenario of: 'Driver of a decrepit vehicle with an unsecured load and dodgy documentation tries to flee traffic cop'.

I reckon that's one BiB who deserves a pat on the back for his tenacity.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

That would make this a bona fide police chase scene then.  Even more impressive than the slow white Bronco.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

More than likely a guy on a Motorcycle.....and good thing he was a concerned citizen..... while more than likely the person doing the filming was the first victim or amongst the first to be side swiped and angered by the incident and proceeded to follow and film the guy while following the truck driver seems to have made the truck driver speed all the more hoping to evade the person in pursuit...

Meantime...As I have pointed out before all too many Thai drivers have Som Tum on their minds, hence the reason for all the reckless driving conduct that is witnessed all the moreso with personal video camera equipment made available for affordable prices.

I now see a lot of the Taxi Cabs have the Video recording devices in their Taxi cabs....but I ask them what do they do if they are the ones causing the accident and it is recorded....Then there is silence, meaning the obvious....delete that part leading up to the accident...LOL

Edited by gemguy

6 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

Driver should be locked up and key thrown away for at least 5 years!!

If you throw away a key for 5 years where would you look to find it after 5 years , my TW can't find her scooter key after 2 hours . Sorry just being picky , I agree , should never be let loose on the roads again.

An obvious brain fail , there can be no reason at all for this driving , brake fail , I don't think so , wet roads , same same.   If he /she just robbed a bank  it would not be the ideal vehicle for doing a runner in .  It would be nice to think he /she died after going through the windscreen at the end .  All those insurance claims because of one .............................can't use that word , fill in your own word .