Video: Who needs a Hollywood car chase when you've got Thailand!

rooster59

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually see at least one accident on the road between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. My record is 4 within about half a kilometre at the top of Khun Chae National Park, wet road conditions.

I don't know what contributes to Thais being such lousy drivers; however, I suspect it starts with the quality of instruction.

All one can do is drive defensively. Preferably in something with panels stronger than tinfoil.

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

Viewed more than 2 million times... how frivolous and time wasting social

media has become that millions of people find the time to watch it

while surly neglecting other, more important thing in everyday chores...

From one vacuous 'fix' to the next.

9 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

If you throw away a key for 5 years where would you look to find it after 5 years , my TW can't find her scooter key after 2 hours . Sorry just being picky , I agree , should never be let loose on the roads again.

55555!  I can't find my keys after 5 minutes!.  TGF was was tearing up  the other day, she said "I'm worried about you.  I think you have anzhimer nit noy".  I'm gonna tell her it was "anzhimers" when she catches me in the wrong bed and see if I can pull that off.

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

Come on...we can't do chores all day! We need some entertainment too. OK, I'll go clean out my car now.

18 hours ago, kannot said:

I had someone behind  me like this once trying to push thru the inside when there sure wasnt enough room the traffic was moving normally and no hold  ups, I was in a  queue of about 5  cars, it got to the point where i thought  , Ok pal if you dont stop doing this  Im pushing you into the ditch as I was on the main road  carriageway and he was trying to squeeze thru the "motorcycle lane"

He  did this for about 4-5  minutes and then suddenly turned left and disappeared.........crazy

Crazy yes... defines Thai road behaviour ... all part of Thainess...

One could almost be excused for profiling here.

As you approach a break in the upcountry highway on the left, and a yellow, reflective sign for a center-divide U-Turn 300 meters ahead, put there by a road "engineer" with a mail-order degree in livestock management and a sadistic sense of humor, you observe a half-rusted, mud encrusted mid-1980's model Mitsu Space Cab pick up with its pitch black tinted windows rolled down (a/c doesn't work), manned by a Thai male driver of unknown advanced age clinging to a steering wheel he can barely see over, idling on the left shoulder, mouth open, licking lips, staring repeatedly in rapid succession in your general direction then across to the far right lane as you you approach the perpendicular Fatal Funnel.  You groan, ease off the petrol to engine brake decel whilst flashing your high-beams and muttering something about The Bleeping Muppets to your Thai wife, whose knuckles are losing pigmentation from gripping the sides of her seat in escalating anxiety. 

What will he do?

A). Nothing, wait for you to pass.  

B). Wait until you are 100 meters closer.

C). Clutch amulet, Wai, then smash the accelerator and sprint across all lanes of traffic at a mind blowing 3khp in a trailing cloud of black diesel exhaust.

D).  Both B and C.

E. ) Other:________________________________________

Edited by 55Jay

One could almost be excused for profiling here.

As you approach a break in the upcountry highway on the left, and a yellow, reflective sign for a center-divide U-Turn 300 meters ahead, put there by a road "engineer" with a mail-order degree in livestock management and a sadistic sense of humor, you observe a half-rusted, mud encrusted mid-1980's model Mitsu Space Cab pick up with its pitch black tinted windows rolled down (a/c doesn't work), manned by a Thai male driver of unknown advanced age clinging to a steering wheel he can barely see over, idling on the left shoulder, mouth open, licking lips, staring repeatedly in rapid succession in your general direction then across to the far right lane as you you approach the perpendicular Fatal Funnel.  You groan, ease off the petrol to engine brake decel whilst flashing your high-beams and muttering something about The Bleeping Muppets to your Thai wife, whose knuckles are losing pigmentation from gripping the sides of her seat in escalating anxiety. 

What will he do?

A). Nothing, wait for you to pass.  
B). Wait until you are 100 meters closer.
C). Clutch amulet, Wai, then smash the accelerator and sprint across all lanes of traffic at a mind blowing 3khp in a trailing cloud of black diesel exhaust.
D).  Both B and C.
E. ) Other:________________________________________

D !!

Every time.

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, pattayadgw said:

Driver should be locked up and key thrown away for at least 5 years!!

the BIB should have wasted the idiot on the spot - saves any future drama from this idiot.

23 hours ago, csabo said:

55555!  I can't find my keys after 5 minutes!.  TGF was was tearing up  the other day, she said "I'm worried about you.  I think you have anzhimer nit noy".  I'm gonna tell her it was "anzhimers" when she catches me in the wrong bed and see if I can pull that off.

I like how you think.......... 'Partner'........ ('Mate'...... If your Brit or Aussie).........

10 hours ago, Artisi said:

the BIB should have wasted the idiot on the spot - saves any future drama from this idiot.

My wife gets really upset when I repeat my solution full-throatedly, for the driver problem here. 

1.  Choke them with my right hand whilst smacking them repeatedly with the left. 

2.  Castration, at least for the worst of them, so they can not produce the next generation.

Upon leaving the middle east, my fantasy was to procure a 1972 Dodge PowerRam pick up truck (full size, American one), strap used tyres all around it, and drive through the city, playing bumper cars with the locals, which includes the Jinglies (and Pakis).  Then park up at the airport, keys in the bin out front, board my flight with a smile and never return.  :laugh:

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 6:59 AM, ezzra said:

Like replying to every thread on TV? 

???

On 3/25/2017 at 6:43 PM, Happy Grumpy said:

Nutters.

On the road is one place where Thais can vent their real anger, frustration and ego issues.

And their disregard and respect for others and consideration for other road users and basic respect respect for the law and... and.. and...

17 hours ago, 55Jay said:

My wife gets really upset when I repeat my solution full-throatedly, for the driver problem here. 

1.  Choke them with my right hand whilst smacking them repeatedly with the left. 

2.  Castration, at least for the worst of them, so they can not produce the next generation.

Upon leaving the middle east, my fantasy was to procure a 1972 Dodge PowerRam pick up truck (full size, American one), strap used tyres all around it, and drive through the city, playing bumper cars with the locals, which includes the Jinglies (and Pakis).  Then park up at the airport, keys in the bin out front, board my flight with a smile and never return.  :laugh:

You have my full support !!!