Most corruption courts to be open by April

rooster59

Most corruption courts to be open by April

By The Nation

11b129326a51bedb2547054dbd6a8823.jpeg

Almost all of the country’s regional corruption courts will be opened next month, said Court of Justice spokesman Suebpong Sripongkul.

Suebpong said all nine courts would open in April, except regions 2 and 7 in the East and West which would be opened around October.

The openings of the regional courts followed the opening of the central corruption court, the first of its kind in the country, last October. It is hoped the courts will help expedite corruption cases. 

A number of cases involving high-ranking officials have entered the court’s proceedings. On Wednesday, the central court will rule on a corruption case concerning transnational bribery in which former governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Jutamas Siriwan, is accused of accepting a bribe.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310270

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-26

Me think corruption court should be as many as 7/11 outlets,

as there are so much corruption going on and many are getting

away with it, so much so that even inherently honest people are

getting tempted....

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

nine courts would open in April, except regions 2 and 7 in the East and West which would be opened around October.

So, in fact, seven courts will open in April.  How many provinces are there in Thailand?

Given the depth of corruption here, I expect these courts to be utterly swamped in a very short period of time.

7 Courts for the whole country, is laughable if stopping corruption is truly the goal, though I suspect a selected witch hunt is more likely.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Given the depth of corruption here, I expect these courts to be utterly swamped in a very short period of time.

7 Courts for the whole country, is laughable if stopping corruption is truly the goal, though I suspect a selected witch hunt is more likely.

most cases will be resolved with a brown envelope to the prosecutor who will not press the case to court. everything is corrupt in thailand how can another set of courts be any different?

4 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

I wonder if the people who run these courts will be exempt?

They are trying to decide how to hid their own corruption in the court while deciding the corruption of others  during court hearings.5555

7 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

most cases will be resolved with a brown envelope to the prosecutor who will not press the case to court. everything is corrupt in thailand how can another set of courts be any different?

I wonder if it will be run on a queue system or letters of notification?