• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 304

Kamala Harris Defends Policy Stance in Heated Fox News Interview

2. 105

If Trump is re-elected what does it say about the I.Q of the average American?

3. 304

4. 3

Monk Discovers Giant King Cobra Chasing Python in Chanthaburi

5. 17

5% of CNG Buses Fail Safety Checks After Fatal Fire in Thailand

6. 7

UNIFIL’s Misguided Role in Southern Lebanon: A Threat to Israel's Security

7. 3

Tell me why Pattaya to BKK by his

8. 10

Two Thai Women Arrested for Scamming Tourists with Fake Resort Bookings in Pattaya

9. 0

Dental insurance: A guide for expats in Thailand

10. 304

11. 17

5% of CNG Buses Fail Safety Checks After Fatal Fire in Thailand

12. 18

Thailand Live Friday 18 October 2024

13. 105

If Trump is re-elected what does it say about the I.Q of the average American?

Woman in shooting of abbot is "mentally deranged"

webfact

Woman in shooting of abbot is "mentally deranged"

3am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The mother of the woman who shot an abbot at a Sangkhaburi temple on Sunday said her daughter is mentally deranged.

Abbot Phra Samunathaphon Yanwaro, 40, was shot three times on Sunday as he was finishing alms rounds at the temple of Wat Nong Eduk, Daily News reported.

It was a Buddhist holy day or Wan Phra.

The abbot is recovering in a local hospital after the bullets were removed from his body.

In custody is a 31 year old woman called Arthitya. She shot the monk with a 9mm gun after arriving in a car.

She claims that the abbot had sex with her and made her pregnant. She then said he ordered her to have an abortion and swindled her out of 200,000 baht.

In an angry rage she said she went to the temple for revenge and shot him.

Temple officials said that the woman was a nun at the temple until eight months ago when she left. They dismiss her claims and believe that the abbot is not guilty of any wrong doing.

The shooter's mother said that her daughter is suffering from serious mental health issues and is deranged. She is on medication.

She had been muttering something about "killing him" in recent days but she did not know what her daughter was referring to.

She had no idea that she intended to go to the temple and shoot the monk.

The monk had told the authorities that he hardly knew the nun when she started making accusations about being swindled out of 200,000 baht some months ago.

Police are waiting until the monk recovers sufficiently before interviewing him.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-28

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

She claims that the abbot had sex with her and made her pregnant. She then said he ordered her to have an abortion and swindled her out of 200,000 baht.

The way some monks behave, I would tend to believe the woman. However, if her mother is against her, she hasn't got a cat in hell's chance.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Believe the abbot is not guilty of any wrong doing.

If he is innocent, then why did she shoot him??

The shooter's mother said that her daughter is suffering from serious mental health issues and is deranged. She is on medication. or off her meds

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

The shooter's mother said that her daughter is suffering from serious mental health issues and is deranged. She is on medication. or off her meds

So did she have an abortion ? Easy to prove.If it is true(i would more inclined to believe her) then I wish that some oe had given her better gun training.

2 hours ago, sanukjim said:

So did she have an abortion ? Easy to prove.If it is true(i would more inclined to believe her) then I wish that some oe had given her better gun training.

whether she was pregnant or not no excuse for shooting someone!!!!!1