Video: Toyota Yaris driver in coma after miraculous escape

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

You make a good point but in a much better manner than the guy whose cereal does not seem up to par. Its all in the presentation. You can come on like gangbusters guns blazing or you can use a reasonable make sense approach. I always respond better to the latter. 

my first post was just blunt and do the point sorry if the honest and direct approach dose not suite you ill try and sugar coat my posts in the future.:smile:

Most drivers would not have remained in the near side lane to avoid the traffic merging from the left hand side, so this left the near side lane under occupied, tempting her to use it for undertaking. Lane discipline and proper lane markings are almost unknown here anyway, so drivers are constantly in danger from their own and others lack of skill and poor road engineering.

16 hours ago, hugocnx said:

It is NOT illegal on a road like this. Check the traffic law. In many countries it is illegal though, but TIT.

I am quoting verbatim from the Land Traffic Act B. E. 2522 (1979) Section 34:

If the road is divided into two or more lanes in the same direction, the driver shall keep to the outermost left-hand lane. …..Except in the following situations:

a. there is an obstruction in the road

b. the road is prescribed as one-way

c. it is necessary to enter the correct lane upon approaching a junction

d. when overtaking another vehicle

e. when driving faster than vehicles in the left-hand side lane.

I read nothing there that condones overtaking on the left. Which version are you reading?

11 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Sorry but you are looking at outdated rules.

The post that I quoted was drawn from the current legislation, The Land Traffic act 2522 (1979).  But seeing you are adamant that what I quoted is outdated, would you be kind enough to provide the amended legislation and highlight the updated rules to back your assertion.:wai:

41 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I am quoting verbatim from the Land Traffic Act B. E. 2522 (1979) Section 34:

If the road is divided into two or more lanes in the same direction, the driver shall keep to the outermost left-hand lane. …..Except in the following situations:

a. there is an obstruction in the road

b. the road is prescribed as one-way

c. it is necessary to enter the correct lane upon approaching a junction

d. when overtaking another vehicle

e. when driving faster than vehicles in the left-hand side lane.

I read nothing there that condones overtaking on the left. Which version are you reading?

Seeing you took time to look up the Land Traffic Act, B.E. 2522 (1979) maybe if you read a little further than you would have found this:-

Section 45 (400-1000B)
No driver shall overtake another vehicle from the left-side unless:
a. the vehicle to be overtaken is making a right turn or has given a signal that he is going to make a right turn
b. the roadway is arranged with two or more traffic lanes in the same direction.

I'd say B would condone overtaking/undertaking on the left, wouldn't you?:wai:

17 hours ago, fruitman said:

Many times the left lane is totally empty for long distances....not strange that people in a hurry go there to pass all of them turtles.

Often that can be due to the left lane road surface being damaged by the heavy/overloaded lorries that use it. More often than not though it's because many Thai drivers have no awareness at all of other road users.

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Whether she or anyone else has passed a Thai driving test is totally irrelevant. Passing doesn't mean the person can drive. Also, looking ahead to see if her road was clear would not have occurred to her, I suppose.

Very true.  My wife took a driving course and never left the parking lot.  She received her initial one year license, and then renewed it to a full license a year later.  She has still never driven on a public road.  I have tried to talk her into driving on some of the local low traffic roads to practice, but she can't bring herself to do it.  To her credit, she does know that she is not qualified to drive.  She prefers me driving.  My fault for talking her into getting her license. 

17 hours ago, catman20 said:

no one but to be fare, we all take our lives in our own hand here at the mercy of the Thai people with there careless attitude and extremely poor driving ability.:shock1: either of us good be killed in a heartbeat either waiting at a red traffic light or waiting in the middle of the road waiting to turn right only to be wiped out from be hide by some speeding nutcase playing with his phone. then its RIP

Another Tylenol day. Common sense coming out of the woodwork like termites of truth. 

5 hours ago, catman20 said:

my first post was just blunt and do the point sorry if the honest and direct approach dose not suite you ill try and sugar coat my posts in the future.:smile:

Please don't I am overweight already. You just be yourself heavens we would not want you to change. A softening of words might go over better. Try the message from a friend approach rather than the stern professor lecturer as we all seem to be graduates of the school of hard knocks. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Please don't I am overweight already. You just be yourself heavens we would not want you to change. A softening of words might go over better. Try the message from a friend approach rather than the stern professor lecturer as we all seem to be graduates of the school of hard knocks. 

sorry i just post as i feel at the time bit like a song writer  Lennon and McCartney i supose.:smile::cheesy:

8 hours ago, catman20 said:

was anyone one else hurt ???????????????

No idea, do you???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by gdgbb

2 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

No idea, do you?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i also have no idea the only reason i ask was because a previous post that was posted to me read from the beginning of the first posts please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i also have no idea the only reason i ask was because a previous post that was posted to me read from the beginning of the first posts please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What?

On 28/03/2017 at 2:16 PM, fruitman said:

Why the dashcamcar and others didn't keep left??

No requirement for the dash cam driver. He is just passing the legal way (wait for the vehicle in front to finish his overtake so he can go).

It probably confused you that the dash cam driver isn't right up the rear of the pickup but that's the safe (and legal) way to drive. 

On 28/03/2017 at 4:46 PM, spiritr7 said:

Correct they should be in the inside or at most middle lane tossers they ALL like to sit outside lane 

Well, to me it looked like the guy with the dash cam was overtaking AND he wasn't tail gating, he left sufficient distance between himself and the car in front ...  

Undertaking is illegal in Thailand so was she aware ?  Was she wearing a seatbelt and had she passed her driving test legally.  These questions never appear to be answered in most traffic accidents highlighted. So if the answer is no to any one of those questions then all I would say is "what goes round comes round"

Undertaking is legal in Thailand.

sent using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

They can put anything they like in the law - it makes no difference.

They don't even have a law that you should put 80% tint on your windows to try to hide the fact that you're playing with the phone... 

It's quite acceptable to wind the windows down, play with the phone and drink beer, otherwise there would be traffic police driving around and stopping people from doing it.