Chinese pilot in ICU after being hit by a car in Phuket

snoop1130

Chinese pilot in ICU after being hit by a car in Phuket

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_201733016125949_rBIaWACGEFlQqPenwLLuoCGAfdEMBOJtPRTmRWsW_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- A Chinese national was seriously injured after he was hit by a car while trying to get away from soi dogs in the road in Thalang last night. 

“The accident occurred at about 7:40pm. We received a report of the crash near Mission Hills Phuket Golf Club Resort and Spa. We found the victim, Xing Chen, 27, lying on the side of the road. He was wounded, but still conscious,” said Col Sanit Nukong of Thalang Police.

Mr Chen was given first aid at the scene by rescue workers and then taken to Thalang Hospital. He was later transferred to the Intensive Care Unit at Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Chinese-pilot-ICU-being-hit-a-car/66424?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-3-30

First time I was bitten by a soi dog I was stupid enough to go to the police to complain and try to get help to get compensation from the owner for ripped pants, hospital bills and so on, the police officers just asked me if the dog was OK and when I said yes they said "Dog OK you no problem, if you hurt dog you go jail.". This mentality is the problem and the reason why we see things like this and that little girl that was killed by soi dogs (I think that was last year) happen on basically a daily/weekly basis!

6 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Poor guy.

I love dogs and have never been afraid of them until I met the rabid packs in Phuket, and that was a bunch in the temple in Nai Harn.

here they are like their two legged brethren,only attacking in a pack.

More fodder for the animal control brigade.  Surely the Thais can come up with some middle ground on the soi dog problem.  Like many contentious issues these days, politics, etc., the dominant voices are at extreme, opposite ends of the spectrum. 

Kill the obvious soi dogs and dump them in a mass grave at the edge of town.  Sorted! 

Or, despite inconvenient reality, deny there's a problem and blame the human victims for their unlucky misfortune.  Som nam na.

Edited by 55Jay

15 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

More fodder for the animal control brigade.  Surely the Thais can come up with some middle ground on the soi dog problem.  Like many contentious issues these days, politics, etc., the dominant voices are at extreme, opposite ends of the spectrum. 

Kill the obvious soi dogs and dump them in a mass grave at the edge of town.  Sorted! 

Or, despite inconvenient reality, deny there's a problem and blame the human victims for their unlucky misfortune.  Som nam na.

The people feeding the soi dogs should at least feed the alpha males first so they are less aggressive and why don't the government supply food with contraceptives in to stop them breeding?

I have smashed my face into the pavement running away from soi dogs tripping over the uneven paving stones, my view is let the Cambodians solve the problem.

19 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

food with contraceptives in to stop them breeding?

Don't know much about that, but apparently there are non-surgical methods to deal with stray populations. Non-Surgical Contraception PDF

Animal lover/rescue groups deplore the practice of exporting soi dogs across the border (Cambo, etc).  Reducing and managing the soi dog population would certainly help to diminish the supply side of the equation.  I'm sure they would be on board with a contraception program, most SPCA type orgs I had contact with in the Middle East spay/neutered the strays they took in.  But they were always scrounging for resources there.  Seems to be the same thing here, with the additional emotion/religious factor.

Why is it that ALL the soi dogs that I meet in Myanmar, (including packs of dogs) run away in fear from me as I cycle along, and run away from the locals?  

Seems that the Thais could learn a thing or two from Myanmar about what to do with soi dogs.

21 hours ago, simon43 said:

Why is it that ALL the soi dogs that I meet in Myanmar, (including packs of dogs) run away in fear from me as I cycle along, and run away from the locals?  

Seems that the Thais could learn a thing or two from Myanmar about what to do with soi dogs.

In Cambodia dogs there seem to have a brain and do not bother you. had to take on a Rottweiler in thai once hit him so many times on his head split both my fists open dam thing would not stop until right foot between rear legs, that dog ran for miles yelping. went everywhere with big walking stick after that and had some fun when he started.