Thaksin complains of mistreatment

snoop1130

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Poor little Thaksin feeling maligned and suffering from Relevance Deprivation Syndrome. (Except in the eyes of the PM)

BOO HOO HOO I only got to steal about two million Dollars or seventy billion baht during my time .and that was cut short.

once again all the thaksin/ptp/red shirt apologists/lovers are trying desperately to deny all the facts and evidence against him. Even more evident is the fact they are totally unable to do so apart from calling anyone that doesnt agree with them junta loving yellows, as they say, those who are unable to show any proof/real evidence will always resort to trying to belittle those that can. Thaksins crimes are there for everyone to see as is his families, many of the red shirts/ptp members as well as many of the yellows(especially suthep) but it is easier for them to deny it than try to prove it, by all means show us where he was not guilty of corruption/graft and the setting up of his red shirt terrorists due entirely to him losing face as well as money, the running of the ptp to do his dirty work and try to get him back in the country, they are unable to unless they use dodgy articles he paid to have written. 

16 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Suthep?

He is already here and very silent lately and that is what worries me. Its not like the man to be quiet. He is well past the 15 minutes of fame part he usually wants the whole stage to himself. 

First, this man nearly single handedly created the financial crisis of 1997 by betting against the currency of his own nation, on a massive scale. Then this incredibly small man committed offenses against his nation. His extreme hubris allowed him to believe he could sell the Shin Corp., and use the newly created Bahamian tax loopholes, to avoid paying nearly $400 million in taxes. He then sold the national satellite, which did not belong to him, and pocketed the money. When all of this caught up with him, this absolute coward ran like a little chicken. Then he spent years sabotaging his nation from overseas, literally tearing it asunder, with zero regard for the welfare of his people. Then he installed his little sister, who was a completely incompetent and ignorant neophyte. Then they had the audacity to commit to the rubber, cassava, and rice pledging schemes, through his proxy sister, that nearly bankrupted the nation, and resulted in over 5 years with no work being done on the national highways, due to lack of funding.  

He is no longer a Thai. He gave up the right to be called a Thai long ago. He is forced to live in exile. Had he faced the music at the time, he might have spend a year in jail, then been free to do as he pleased. His extreme cowardice prevented that dignified course of action. He is a complete fool. Nothing he says means anything anymore. Most of my friends from Issan tell me as much as they despise Little P. (every one of them feel that way), at this point, they think Thaksin is a fool.

It recently seem like "complains of mistreatment" can delay or postpone any case – like with the Red Bull heir – khun Thaksin has some billions money discrepancy with the Thai taxman.

Perhaps worth to remember to complain about mistreatment, if one ever enters the juridical system here...:whistling:

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

First, this man nearly single handedly created the financial crisis of 1997 by betting against the currency of his own nation, on a massive scale. Then this incredibly small man committed offenses against his nation. His extreme hubris allowed him to believe he could sell the Shin Corp., and use the newly created Bahamian tax loopholes, to avoid paying nearly $400 million in taxes. He then sold the national satellite, which did not belong to him, and pocketed the money. When all of this caught up with him, this absolute coward ran like a little chicken. Then he spent years sabotaging his nation from overseas, literally tearing it asunder, with zero regard for the welfare of his people. Then he installed his little sister, who was a completely incompetent and ignorant neophyte. Then they had the audacity to commit to the rubber, cassava, and rice pledging schemes, through his proxy sister, that nearly bankrupted the nation, and resulted in over 5 years with no work being done on the national highways, due to lack of funding.  

He is no longer a Thai. He gave up the right to be called a Thai long ago. He is forced to live in exile. Had he faced the music at the time, he might have spend a year in jail, then been free to do as he pleased. His extreme cowardice prevented that dignified course of action. He is a complete fool. Nothing he says means anything anymore. Most of my friends from Issan tell me as much as they despise Little P. (every one of them feel that way), at this point, they think Thaksin is a fool.

I don't know the background story well as you seem to do, but I think your are about fairly correct in your observations, and therefore deserve a :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, seajae said:

once again all the thaksin/ptp/red shirt apologists/lovers are trying desperately to deny all the facts and evidence against him. Even more evident is the fact they are totally unable to do so apart from calling anyone that doesnt agree with them junta loving yellows, as they say, those who are unable to show any proof/real evidence will always resort to trying to belittle those that can. Thaksins crimes are there for everyone to see as is his families, many of the red shirts/ptp members as well as many of the yellows(especially suthep) but it is easier for them to deny it than try to prove it, by all means show us where he was not guilty of corruption/graft and the setting up of his red shirt terrorists due entirely to him losing face as well as money, the running of the ptp to do his dirty work and try to get him back in the country, they are unable to unless they use dodgy articles he paid to have written. 

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The only way to actually know exactly what his standing is with the Thai people is to have a free and fair election, in which his party (proxies if you like) can stand. The last election (before the one that was prevented by Suthep and then the coup) was internationally and nationally (by the losing party) agreed to be free and fair, and resulted in a win for his party. As did the one before that.

Now unlike the two posters  I quote, I think that his party, faction, grouping, whatever you want to call it, would probably win. I may well be wrong, I certainly haven'y gone around canvassing Thai opinion. But two things do occur to me; the junta having prevented such an election by staging their coup are determined to prevent another such election, and also seem determined to prevent any meaningful political activity or protest by the Thai people. This I suggest points to an awareness on their part (and they will have the intelligence  resources to know more accurately than anyone else) that his party, faction, grouping, whatever you want to call it, would probably win, as they did in the previous two elections, and after the previous coup. This they will not risk.

Edited by JAG

He has a point. But 2 wrongs don't make it right. No one can see or talk about the now due to article 44. Mr T can due to his vested interest in being Thai. Many non Thais may have view of the country's progress, but democratic progress is not one that has developed. It is going backwards. Mr T was very close to the current King.

5 hours ago, seajae said:

yes much better to do away with all personal freedoms seajae and live under the rule of a military junta who can't be criticized and who are above any examination or investigation

8 hours ago, Ricardo said:

But there weren't,  while his sister's PTP-led government  was in-power from 2011-2014,  yet still he didn't feel able to break his self-imposed exile ? :wink:

And that after his cousin-in-law Surapong, while Foreign Minister, had gone to the trouble of getting him a new Thai passport, too.

One can only speculate as to why not ? :whistling:

Hi Ricardo, It's a waste of time to discuss with Baboon. 

He continues to believe that his god, fleeing justice for hide at Dubai, is only a mere innocent, that he never changed the 1997 constitution for his own interests. That he never threaten press and critics.
He continues to believe that black shirts are a pure invention of the international press. :jap:

Edited by than

I offer my hankerchief to you sir! You seem to be foaming at the mouth. Insist you get a vitamin injection and muzzle fixed.

59 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Rule by majority is democracy, like it or leave it.

Yes, if and only if the checks and balances are working. Under Thaksin they never did, then democracy becomes the tyranny of the majority. He bought votes legally with populist policies and threatened any province that didn't vote for him to be last in the queue for budget handouts.

An utterly divisive leader.

Being a retired old bugger in this country I have spent the past few years catching up on my reading, I have been particularly interested  in the lives of famous people, politicians and so forth who have been leaders in their fields. These include Mao, Stalin, Amin, Saddam  and so on. In my own personal life I have been targeted by a relative who turned out to be a conman and I lost a lot of money to him. Academically it is interesting to reflect on how he held me in thrall and managed to get me to believe his lies.  In my sporting interests (cycle racing) I have watched over the years the events and behavior surrounding Lance Armstrong. All of these people have social behaviour patterns in common - some on a greater scale than others. Some more damaging than others. The personality disorder - we can call them either sociopaths or psychopaths or both - seem to be the common thread linking all of these people. And to my mind Thaksin fits into this mould exactly, fairly and squarely. That he is less than straight forward is a given. He manages to build and maintain a loyal following and he believes his own lies to such an extent that others believe them too. His protestations of innocence, how he has been unfairly treated, his denial of events over the years that everyone knows are centred around him and so points to a sociopathic disorder. Trump is another example of these types of people and I am watching carefully as he day-by-day reinforces my view of him. These people are dangerous. Mao is one of the best examples of how someone with this disorder can ruin the lives of millions of people. To this day he maintains a devoted following despite the fact that he was an absolute monster in every sense of the word. These people quite often reach a status that does not equal their ability so their behaviour and actions become more alarming as each day passes.

Being a retired old bugger in this country I have spent the past few years catching up on my reading, I have been particularly interested  in the lives of famous people, politicians and so forth who have been leaders in their fields. These include Mao, Stalin, Amin, Saddam  and so on. In my own personal life I have been targeted by a relative who turned out to be a conman and I lost a lot of money to him. Academically it is interesting to reflect on how he held me in thrall and managed to get me to believe his lies.  In my sporting interests (cycle racing) I have watched over the years the events and behavior surrounding Lance Armstrong. All of these people have social behaviour patterns in common - some on a greater scale than others. Some more damaging than others. The personality disorder - we can call them either sociopaths or psychopaths or both - seem to be the common thread linking all of these people. And to my mind Thaksin fits into this mould exactly, fairly and squarely. That he is less than straight forward is a given. He manages to build and maintain a loyal following and he believes his own lies to such an extent that others believe them too. His protestations of innocence, how he has been unfairly treated, his denial of events over the years that everyone knows are centred around him and so points to a sociopathic disorder. Trump is another example of these types of people and I am watching carefully as he day-by-day reinforces my view of him. These people are dangerous. Mao is one of the best examples of how someone with this disorder can ruin the lives of millions of people. To this day he maintains a devoted following despite the fact that he was an absolute monster in every sense of the word. These people quite often reach a status that does not equal their ability so their behaviour and actions become more alarming as each day passes.

Mao, Thaksin and the Lance Armstrong connection. Have you been watching David Icke on youtube?

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why post bs.?Thaksin legged it befoe he was jailed.

Exiled is when the country kicks you out.

Poor sod his billions must be running low, so now he  is looking for sympathy.

He was "allowed" to flee -- they more or less left the gates open, took down the guards and gave him no option as a free man in Thailand.  If they actually wanted him in prison for the crimes he was convicted of he would have gone - and if he had lived (a big question mark -- I would bet he would have met a mysterious death) he would be out by now.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Yes, if and only if the checks and balances are working. Under Thaksin they never did, then democracy becomes the tyranny of the majority. He bought votes legally with populist policies and threatened any province that didn't vote for him to be last in the queue for budget handouts.

An utterly divisive leader.

Thaksin, and his sister, both allowed the ultimate in checks and balances for an elected politician. They submitted themselves for re-election. Funnily enough in both cases the military felt it necessary to stage a coup, to avoid the people being able to give their verdict. Was that a "check" or a "balance'?  

Was the military staging a coup (twice) because their favoured group was on course to lose the election perhaps not a teeny weeny bit divisive?

The "checks and balances" are working exceptionally well under the current regime aren't they.

Edited by JAG

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

Thaksin, and his sister, both allowed the ultimate in checks and balances for an elected politician. They submitted themselves for re-election. Funnily enough in both cases the military felt it necessary to stage a coup, to avoid the people being able to give their verdict. Was that a "check" or a "balance'?  

Was the military staging a coup because their favoured group was on course to lose the election perhaps not a teeny weeny bit divisive?

The "checks and balances" are working exceptionally well under the current regime aren't they.

Thaksin offered lunch boxes full of money to judges. Members appointed to independent organisations had links to Thaksin.

The media were threatened with no advertising money  from any government department if they criticized the government.

He bought ITV , the only independent TV station

Yes, he really allowed the ultimate in checks and balances.

His sister? As Thaksin said himself, 'she is my clone.'

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Thaksin offered lunch boxes full of money to judges. Members appointed to independent organisations had links to Thaksin.

The media were threatened with no advertising money  from any government department if they criticized the government.

He bought ITV , the only independent TV station

Yes, he really allowed the ultimate in checks and balances.

His sister? As Thaksin said himself, 'she is my clone.'

I'll say it again, because you chose to ignore it. They submitted themselves for re-election. On both occasions the military staged a coup to prevent that. Checks and balances.