Songkran faces ban! Water throwing set to be a crime this year

rooster59

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, they all have that....?

Well considering that nearly all stall holders don't have a licence and are not registered companies and dont pay tax.. It's there only option and if you think they are all poorly then you have no idea!  

Nearly Zero outgoings except rent /bribe . They all have a smart phone and have access to news.

2 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Well considering that nearly all stall holders don't have a licence and are not registered companies and dont pay tax.. It's there only option and if you think they are all poorly then you have no idea!

Nearly Zero outgoings. They all have a smart phone and have access to news.

Tut Tut, how are they OFFICIALLY told what to sell or not to sell....?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Wow so quick to disparage the "old folk" 

but one thing that does come with age is wisdom & knowledge to keep ones thoughts to ones self until all the facts are out..

maybe you should check todays date before posting any more !!

"One born every minute"

Considering  I came back to the forum specifically and only on this date after a long absence to find the results of the annual gullibility test to be exactly as predicted, it's probably not I who was born a minute ago.

Edited by Songhua

1 hour ago, pepi2005 said:

So which one is the April fool's post - this one or the one saying that alcohol will only be available in government-operated outlets after showing passports?

What's frightening is that both don't sound too unrealistic these days...

My guess is both .:whistling:

2 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Who whould want to counterfeit the pound,it's next to worthless.

I wish I had a million of them rather than a million baht or a million US dollars!

Edited by sambum

19 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

IT WOULDN'T MATTER!

They will sell it anyway lol

And here was I thinking you were a senior poster wise beyond his years. emoji16.png

I am senior, with a voice like an angel.....BUT, you tell me/us how folk are told, everyone of them, what they can sell.....?

How does the Guv do it.....?

47 minutes ago, transam said:

So tell me, how are folk told what they can sell, or what not to sell...?

Possibly the "Traders' Grapevine", or the fact that they ARE told to have a supply of brown envelopes available?

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that the powers that be has decided to suck the fun out of coming to Thailand for a good time which millions are doing just that, with no sex in Pattaya and no water fight which is the essence of Songkran for many tourists, other restrictions are put in place now that will turn coming to Thailand for a holidays not much better than other boring countries.....

B.S. If you once "enjoyed" to get a bucket of moat water into your face you would be happy and relieved that this bullshit will stop for eternity. It's NOT tradition to get soaked with dirt and stink. And I totally agree with the idea to celebrate Songkran with "our" NY.

11 hours ago, Songhua said:

All those old foreigners who complained about it every year can now venture out without their raincoats and plastic bags.

Would that be the old foreigners who greatly help the economy in what is a peasant country?

6 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

As Thailand is still in a period of mourning, only black and white videos are allowed at the moment.

Nice try sir.  This harvest was stated as being done in Switzerland which is definitely a country that has moved into the full spectrum of color, except in terms of its people who are still all white.

Feel a bit sorry for the nerks who've wasted hours thinking up and typing serious replies to this bit of tomfoolery.

Not at all there have been links to news sources outside TV including quoted statements by officials including Prayut himself

28 minutes ago, Iago said:

Would that be the old foreigners who greatly help the economy in what is a peasant country?

That's right ... the ones constantly applauding themselves.

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that the powers that be has decided to suck the fun out of coming to Thailand for a good time which millions are doing just that, with no sex in Pattaya and no water fight which is the essence of Songkran for many tourists, other restrictions are put in place now that will turn coming to Thailand for a holidays not much better than other boring countries.....

Today is the 1st April.......................!

10 hours ago, brizz said:

OMG...this is further evidence that ThaiVisa readers are just bitter and looking for trouble. This is a freakin' April Fool's Joke! Get over yourselves...

Isn't this sh1t a little childish and outdated in this day and age ?

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Good news for Brits who enjoy Songkran:

" contrary to popular belief that the Pound Sterling is converting to plastic notes for countering counterfeiting it has been announced that the real reason is to stop damage to notes during the up and coming "British Songkran ".
As Thailand are abolishing Songkran the British are taking up the challenge.
" British Songkran will take place on any day during the British rainy season ( 1st January to 31st December) and revellers are invited to simply set foot out of their front door, actually throwing water is not necessary, water will be provided by the British Meteorological Society "

Source: dodgyarticles.com

That is good news my friend today is April 1 and its raining now I will pop out and start Songkran British style, thats if I can find my umbrella, shots and silly shirt