• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Artisi said:

8 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I was very upset by this article...

When I realised it was an April Fools post. :crying:

Upset, I thought it was a very clever and intelligent trap for the unwary -- it would seem it has done that very successfully. 

Did not fool me...

Yet this was a perfect opportunity to curtail this excuse for shear madness and mayhem, given Thailand is still in mourning.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I realise that - maybe a bad choice of phrase, but I was just referring to the fact that you seem to have no sense of humour.

I do but it is somewhat more sophisticated than Thai humour. Throwing gallons of water over someone who doesn't want to join in isn't funny neither is fake news because it's 1st of April although this 'humour' is world wide. There is so much unbelievable news in the era of Trump that one cant be sure if the news is true or not.

11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I do but it is somewhat more sophisticated than Thai humour. Throwing gallons of water over someone who doesn't want to join in isn't funny neither is fake news because it's 1st of April although this 'humour' is world wide. There is so much unbelievable news in the era of Trump that one cant be sure if the news is true or not.

I suggest you stay indoors until dusk at Songkran (as I do, actually!), take everything you read on April 1st with a pinch of salt, keep politics and religion out of your conversations with strangers, and you should have a fun filled life.

Have a nice day!

Edited by sambum

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

I suggest you stay indoors until dusk at Songkran (as I do, actually!), take everything you read on April 1st with a pinch of salt, keep politics and religion out of your conversations with strangers, and you should have a fun filled life.

Have a nice day!

I also stay indoors although when i was in Chiang Mai i did join in and had a great time, i also got an eye infection from dirty water that needed antibiotics and cortison since then it's a no no.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

I also stay indoors although when i was in Chiang Mai i did join in and had a great time, i also got an eye infection from dirty water that needed antibiotics and cortison since then it's a no no.

The moral of the story appears to be "live and let live"!

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Chiang Mai moat water *shudders*

On March 31, 2017 at 6:23 PM, franklnooner said:

Just another law that will not be enforced so basically useless like nearly all of the so-called laws in the country.

Got to admit I'm very suspicious. Can't see most Thais honoring this law. :shock1: