Huge queue at Pattaya Immigration this morning

webfact

18 hours ago, alocacoc said:

But not visa extension. Maximum one week before. Not a smart rule imo.

With what is a near week long Songkran holiday soon after the holiday for Chakri day, and then the 19th, when I believe they close again, it is a difficult spell. Many don't want to even go to town over Songkran. I was unfortunate that my reporting came up in the midst of it all this year.  I was avoiding turning up with a dripping passport, but was certainly dripping nevertheless. Live well out of town.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I was unfortunate that my reporting came up in the midst of it all this year.  I was avoiding turning up with a dripping passport, but was certainly dripping nevertheless. Live well out of town.

This year or last year ?

Reporting can be done 14 days early or up to 7 days late so there really is no need to go there during the Songkran mayhem.

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

This year or last year ?

Reporting can be done 14 days early or up to 7 days late so there really is no need to go there during the Songkran mayhem.

This year, I am talking about this year,  I had a late UK trip last year.

I was absent minded and my 'reminder' only popped in a week early.

I avoid Pattaya during the extended water throwing we have here.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

This year, I am talking about this year,  I had a late UK trip last year.

I was absent minded and my 'reminder' only popped in a week early.

I avoid Pattaya during the extended water throwing we have here.

Ok you have lost me then as I dont know how you have reported during Songkran this year, but good fr you !!

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ok you have lost me then as I dont know how you have reported during Songkran this year, but good fr you !!

I am sorry you have a limited grasp or comprehension. My reporting day is during Songkran this year.

Here in Pattaya it is also rather 'extended.

I did not say I had done it during Songkran.

Edited by jacko45k

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am sorry you have a limited grasp or comprehension. My reporting day is during Songkran this year.

Here in Pattaya it is also rather 'extended.

I did not say I had done it during Songkran.

yeah ya threw me a curveball with "I was avoiding turning up with a dripping passport, but was certainly dripping nevertheless."  so I assumed you had already been during Songkran hence I asked if you meant last year.

Anywho it is easily avoided by utilizing the reporting window that is available but that choice is yours.

Would be nice if the online reporting started working again !!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Customers being forced to queue out in the car park for that front desk bottle-neck also needs some review.

They should have 2-tier entrance with one line for "I Know What I Want and What To Do" type applicants and another one for "What Day Is It?" type applicants. If anyone that should have used line 2 is found clogging up line 1, they will simply be taken out the back and shot.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

yeah ya threw me a curveball with "I was avoiding turning up with a dripping passport, but was certainly dripping nevertheless."  so I assumed you had already been during Songkran hence I asked if you meant last year.

Anywho it is easily avoided by utilizing the reporting window that is available but that choice is yours.

Would be nice if the online reporting started working again !!

It bloody heaved it down on me as I came back over the hill from Pattaya yesterday!

Due to doing a lot of overseas trips last year and the year before I got out of the habit of 90 day reporting and planning ahead for it...

Just now, jacko45k said:

It bloody heaved it down on me as I came back over the hill from Pattaya yesterday!

Due to doing a lot of overseas trips last year and the year before I got out of the habit of 90 day reporting and planning ahead for it...

Do it on line. if you live far away, the service is there for you.

I live 3 minutes away , so ok for me  :jap:

55 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

They should have 2-tier entrance with one line for "I Know What I Want and What To Do" type applicants and another one for "What Day Is It?" type applicants. If anyone that should have used line 2 is found clogging up line 1, they will simply be taken out the back and shot.

I call them guys who bring their wives and never have a pen. :smile:

You still have to queue to get a numbered ticket and rather than have a bank style button to push, they want to filter and pre-check 'customers'....

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, onemorechang said:

It doesn't work and has been US for a while I believe.

41 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Does it work again ?

My last 2 reporting's I have had to  send my passport to HR to do as the online was not online.

I didn't know it was not working

as i don't need it.

Maybe someone can tell us,  if its working or not.

Anyone ?

Anyway the point is don't go to immigration just

after a national holiday, it will be packed. :jap:

Edited by onemorechang

No they took the online reporting website offline sometime around December
It's said it was a precautionary tactic to prevent hacker group "Anonymous" gaining access
This also means that hotels have to now send details of their guests to immigration through a "special" email address...the address has been mentioned in the visa forum somewhere ,maybe they could open that route for private individuals doing 90 day reports too. ?

16 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

I didn't know it was not working

as i don't need it.

Maybe someone can tell us,  if its working or not.

Anyone ?

Anyway the point is don't go to immigration just

after a national holiday, it will be packed. :jap:

Unfortunately not everyone is psychic like yourself and didn't know the immigration office would be closed on Wednesday due to electical repairs, next time you get a premonition will you please let us all know?

20 minutes ago, johng said:

No they took the online reporting website offline sometime around December
It's said it was a precautionary tactic to prevent hacker group "Anonymous" gaining access
This also means that hotels have to now send details of their guests to immigration through a "special" email address...the address has been mentioned in the visa forum somewhere ,maybe they could open that route for private individuals doing 90 day reports too. ?

21 hours ago, johng said:

13April (Thursday) Songkran

14April (Friday) Songkran

15April (Saturday) Songkran

What this holiday list fails to take into account is that Pattaya celebrates Songkran on the 19th (officially, we all know the water wars start earlier and continue later)  So just because Immigration is open, that doesn't make it available

I am tempted to just screen grab the announcement that the website is not working and use that as proof of my attempt to do another 90 day report

Intranet.png.737411244ebda4ce8b14e6a3382feb10.png

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

Unfortunately not everyone is psychic like yourself and didn't know the immigration office would be closed on Wednesday due to electical repairs, next time you get a premonition will you please let us all know?

Your funny.

Thursday was  a national holiday,   try a calendar.

Or the phone the day before you go,    if taking a chance bothers you when it goes wrong. ( closed for electrical work )

it is the 21 century :passifier:

Edited by onemorechang

10 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Your funny.

Thursday was  a national holiday,   try a calendar.

Or the phone the day before you go,    if taking a chance bothers you when it goes wrong. ( closed for electrical work )

it is the 21 century :passifier:

I did check the calendar but nothing was mentioned about electrical re-routing. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I did check the calendar but nothing was mentioned about electrical re-routing. 

I feel sorry for your lack of planning.

get over it and move on.

And please leave the wife at home, it adds to the unnecessary high volume of

people at immigration after a NATIONAL HOLIDAY.

you below.

So my wife decided to leave the queue and go inside and have a look as to what was happening,

Anyone living here knows not to go to immigration after any Holiday 1-2-3 days long.

Forward planning,  Stay smart your be fine in Thailand  :jap:

I have always thought that immigration should have a separate building exclusively for 90 day reporting, the offices they are in now are not fit for purpose, far too small. After all, 90 day reporting is no doubt the busiest section by far, maybe a couple of portakabins in the car park :smile: I'll get me coat.  

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

I have always thought that immigration should have a separate building exclusively for 90 day reporting, the offices they are in now are not fit for purpose, far too small. After all, 90 day reporting is no doubt the busiest section by far, maybe a couple of portakabins in the car park :smile: I'll get me coat.  

I would say extensions to a tourist visa is the busiest.

Also if people left the wives at home,  you could all sit down with space to spare on normal days.

Edited by onemorechang

They need a machine like in many banks where you press the appropriate button:
" 90 day report " - take a number
" other business " - take a number
" I'm not sure if I'm in the right place so I've brought the Thai gf and her 3 kids to help " - zap with 10,000 volts

38 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

They need a machine like in many banks where you press the appropriate button:
" 90 day report " - take a number
" other business " - take a number
" I'm not sure if I'm in the right place so I've brought the Thai gf and her 3 kids to help " - zap with 10,000 volts

They could do with 2 more girls at the front desk and a bigger desk.

to filter the idiots out.   they still need control over the tickets to stop the idiots at that first point of contact.

I have been very critical of immigration in jomtien over the years ,   but i must say they do a good job now,    Well done boys and girls   :thumbsup:

But there is always room for improvement. :jap:

Edited by onemorechang

58 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

If they could sort out the 90 day online reporting very few would have to go there.

44 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

If they could sort out the 90 day online reporting very few would have to go there.

Indeed. It's a simple application, probably only take a good programmer a couple days to do well. Yes, in fact Thailand has some excellent programmers, none of whom evidently work for the gov't. The previous mess was evidently running on an old PC in a basement somewhere, unbelievably slow.

Obviously they aren't serious about it. Must be the ol' question of bureaucratic job security.

But I'll add to the praise for the Jomtien office. Never had a bad experience there and was even cut some slack a couple times. I was in and out in less than 10 min last time I did my 90-day. I think they do a great job under the circumstances.

All these posts about leaving the wives and girlfriends at home? What's wrong with you guys? Some of these ladies are looking for another farang after they see the true colors of the one they are with as he gets frustrated and angry. It's good pickings for the more refined farang's who are sick and tired of looking  in bars and massage shops for long term relationships. 

All these posts about leaving the wives and girlfriends at home? What's wrong with you guys? Some of these ladies are looking for another farang after they see the true colors of the one they are with as he gets frustrated and angry. It's good pickings for the more refined farang's who are sick and tired of looking  in bars and massage shops for long term relationships. 

Some of us don't get a choice and have to bring the wife along on occasions.

30 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Troubles at home Mr Mangosteen ?