Thirty-two bikers detained for racing near Suvarnabhumi Airport

rooster59

Thirty-two bikers detained for racing near Suvarnabhumi Airport

By The Nation

Troops, police and airport security officials rounded up 32 people for racing motorcycles on a main road near Suvarnabhumi Airport early on Saturday.

The authorities seized 28 motorcycles in the operation while some bikers managed to break through the siege.

Of the detained 27 male and five female suspects, 11 are teenagers aged between 14 to 18.

Kittipong Kittikhachorn, the airport director of security operations, called for urgent help from Suvarnabhumi Police Station and troops when almost 100 motorcycles were seen on the airport’s security cameras racing on Suvarnabhumi 3 Road.

The authorities laid siege to them, but many of the bikers broke through the siege by speeding towards the authorities and lifting up the front wheel of their bikes, terrifying the officials.

Kittipong said police have strong evidence to prosecute the arrested because their actions were caught by the airports’ security cameras.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30311717

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-08

but many of the bikers broke through the siege by speeding towards the authorities and lifting up the front wheel of their bikes, terrifying the officials "

Amazing Thailand ! :shock1:

Yep those huge 125cc scooters can be pretty terrifying 

:whistling:

Edited by Pdaz

"...........the bikers broke through the siege by speeding towards the authorities and lifting up the front wheel of their bikes, terrifying the officials."

:shock1: Gosh! All those officials, soldiers and police  and a few spotty teenagers give cause for a few pairs of underpants for the laundry .

I don't think there are many places in the world where youngsters don't speed around either in cars or bikes, racing each other. I used to.

Most other places do though have people doing it who can actually ride/drive at least half sensibly.

I suspect they will all pay a small fine and be back out racing before the weekend is out, somewhere else.

7 hours ago, Pdaz said:

but many of the bikers broke through the siege by speeding towards the authorities and lifting up the front wheel of their bikes, terrifying the officials "

Amazing Thailand ! :shock1:

Yep those huge 125cc scooters can be pretty terrifying 

:whistling:

They'd kill you if they hit you at speed for sure.

Shoot a couple~assault with a deadly weapon, beat a couple up good, then destroy all the bikes, or sell them in a neighboring country.  They are racing all night, nearly every night near where I live.  It's very loud, and nothing is ever done about it.  Or, they could just enforce the laws everyday all day?

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Please dont call them bikers. They are just kids who ride low powered motorcycles very badly and get caught !

Er, maybe. But one of those bikes in the photo is a Z800. 100+ hp...

This motorcycle racing is serious problem, these guys will be on the side of the highway n block your way when u r traveling straight to race. Its dangerous. I hope this problem can be address n hopefully curb soon.

I got a video of my personal experience to share. This was from my dashcam last week

Edited by Moonmoon

The authorities laid siege to them, but many of the bikers broke through the siege by speeding towards the authorities and lifting up the front wheel of their bikes, terrifying the officials.   Well stretch a half inch woven steel cable painted black right across their path at about handle bar high...They'll be stopped........

kids need a place to gather... just give them some safe zones. I was in Rayong at a resort and there was this biker band concert on an empty lot across from the ocean, thousands of bikers gathered here one night...  T
hen all gone the next day except for a few who tent camped it near the beach road..  A fiend and I walked up to the main gate and it looked like a fun event.  I was surely the oldest guy and only Farang in sight.   

I would wager that some of these bikes have every fancy upgrade available and may contain 95
% of some of these kids wealth. 

“The authorities laid siege to them, but many of the bikers broke through the siege by speeding towards the authorities and lifting up the front wheel of their bikes, terrifying the officials.

Put a rush on those submarines, double that order, make them nuclear, and add 20 tanks with missile launching capacity before these terrorists are able to obtain 150 cc. bikes. The arms race (Thai style) is on.

Edited by jaltsc

15 hours ago, petermik said:

Take the bikes off them and crush em....easily stopped   :thumbsup:

About to say the same myself, so easy to fix, in fact make each teenager press the crush  button for their own  bike as part of the punishment

6 hours ago, Redline said:

Shoot a couple~assault with a deadly weapon, beat a couple up good, then destroy all the bikes, or sell them in a neighboring country.  They are racing all night, nearly every night near where I live.  It's very loud, and nothing is ever done about it.  Or, they could just enforce the laws everyday all day?

The  biggest  problem is  not the bikes  but the lacking  authority

I have seen motorbikes like these ones in Hua Hin, there are young drivers from Bangkok who have raced each other all

the way to Hua Hin, they bike around for the weekend, and head back to Bangkok.  It would be nice if the Police would sieze

these bikes, and make the parents come and pay to get them back.  These are not the 125cc bikes someone mentioned, they

are indeed racing bikes.  More ways that they young driver have to try and kill them selves and their passengers with in

Thailand.  It  is the attitude, that this kind of people have that will keep Thailand in the top 20 countries of the world for

high death rates on their highways and road ways, I doubt that this will change in my lifetime.

Geezer

On Sat Apr 08 2017 at 0:35 PM, berybert said:

Is this a new kind of stupid, trying to stop motorbikes by standing in front of them while they are heading at you at 40 or 50 Mph.

I guess blow out strips wouldn't have been thought of.

Not a new tactic here.  Several years ago I witnessed a police officer do a flying drop kick, knocking the bike driver  (in motion) to the ground after he tried to go around the police checkpoint at the bottom of the Thai-Belgian flyover on Rama 4 Rd. Was pretty brutal but quite effective.  

Moral of the story, if the Police tell you to stop.... you need to stop.

So you guys think it is ok for them to take your car away and crush it for getting a citation?  Please go back to your home country.. or......  edited out for fear of being banned

Edited by Elkski

9 minutes ago, Elkski said:

So you guys think it is ok for them to take your car away and crush it for getting a citation?  Please go back to your home country.. or......  edited out for fear of being banned

We thank you for your input from the US- and yes I do think its a great idea, its the only way some will learn. The Thai roads are lethal and there needs to be 'tough love'. Current fines and other punishments are pathetic but at least people are not shot by the cops for having a burnt out light!

hot rodding has been a thing for 70 years... I just hate the way the same people who enjoyed it as kids now want those that enjoy this today should have their vehicles crushed.  what % of accidents are caused by these bike groups?

On 4/8/2017 at 7:48 PM, jaiyen said:

Please dont call them bikers. They are just kids who ride low powered motorcycles

You're obviously clueless about what they were riding.

2 Z800's and an Er-6n in one of the photos.

The winner gets the loser's GF for the night to do anything he wants with, btw. S'goy Girls.